• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana website booking challenges

wbendermd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali
Westin Avon
Westin Adventuras
Westin Mission Hills
Westin Desert Willow
Westin Lagunamar
For the seventh week in a row we continue to experience booking "challenges" as Owner's Services prefers to say. I have been trying to book Westin Kaanapali 2 bedroom oceanfront for the last 7 weeks, all unsuccessful. I have had numerous contacts, email and phone, with both Owner's Services and "Customer Advocacy" with no recognition or effort to resolve booking issues. For the last 5 weeks I have been doing video screen capture which has allowed me to actually log each and every error message as below:

January 28, 2022 booking for January 28, 2023 - Result ID 95ZF6D (full session screen capture)

1. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

2. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

3. Reserve now => “Your villa no longer available. Please modify search and try again.”

February 3, 2022 booking for February 4, 2023 - Result ID 7KSR3L (full session screen capture)

3. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

4. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

5. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

6. Reserve now => “Your villa no longer available. Please modify search and try again.”

February 10, 2022 for February 11, 2023 - Result ID B10QTJ (full session screen capture)

6. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

7. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

8. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

9. “Wow! We are are (sic) currently serving an unusually high number of guests and we hope you will try again in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience!”

a. “Web server is returning an unknown error”

b. Ray ID:6dbb08694a2bf4d8

c. Your IP address: 24.43.219.33

d. Error reference number: 520

e. Cloudflare Location: Honolulu

10. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

11. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

12. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

13. Reserve now => “Your villa no longer available. Please modify search and try again.”

February 17, 2022 for February 18, 2023 Result - ID:YGV1Q7, H9B9TD, QT8TZR, N44118 (full session screen capture)

1. “*Currently Unavailable*

2. ”! REQUEST TIMEOUT We’re sorry, it seems we are experiencing a system issue. Please try again”

6. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

7. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

8. ”! REQUEST TIMEOUT We’re sorry, it seems we are experiencing a system issue. Please try again”

9. ”! REQUEST TIMEOUT We’re sorry, it seems we are experiencing a system issue. Please try again”

10. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

11. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

12. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

13. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

14. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

15. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

16. “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

17. I am not a robot message

18. “Search Tip: As a Biennial Owner, you may search availability in ever other Use Year. Try selecting a different year and search again.”

19. “Search Tip: As a Biennial Owner, you may search availability in ever other Use Year. Try selecting a different year and search again.”

February 24, 2022 for February 25, 2023 - Result ID: YSJU3F (full session screen capture)

• “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”
  • “Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”
  • 0 Results

Multiple contacts with Vistana Owner's Services including customer advocacy have all essentially said, "high demand, low availability, sorry". I have video screen capture of each of these booking attempts. Needless to say, I am frustrated and angry as Vistana is doing nothing to address these issues.

I am on a campaign to get this properly addressed. Customer Advocacy said they had only 10 reports of issues with the booking process!!

1. Try to do a screen video capture of your booking session

2. Report "challenges" to the Better Business Bureau. I have found this to be an easy process to complete with a rapid response from BBB and, it seems, good follow up after submitting additional information. Here is the link to file a complaint => https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint

3. I have reported this to the Federal Trade Commission using the following link => https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

If you have other thoughts or suggestions as to how to pursue this I am all ears and ready to go.

We, as owners, deserve a functional, competent, easy to use booking system to book and access the usage weeks we have bought and pay to maintain.

Walter Bender

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been unable to make any reservations for my Harborside 3BR units (or any of its components like the 2BR deluxe or 1BR) for 2023. I'm able to get availability, but when I select a room, it spins for 45 seconds and times out. I called owner services to ask for help on this. They opened a ticket with IT to check on it and and told me it could take 60 (sixty!) days to resolve!! I want to make a spring break reservation. This is crazy!

Has anyone here been able to make a 3BR or 2BR deluxe reservation for 2023 at Harborside?

annieoakley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried booking at Harborside. Showed a 3 bedroom available Jan. 28th 2023 for 7 nights. It also showed 2 bedrooms available.
Good Luck!

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm able to see inventory just fine. Its when I click on "Select" that it spins for 45 seconds, then times out. This happens on my 3BR, 2BR deluxe units. My 2BR lockoff works fine.

Are you able to get back clicking on the "Select" button?

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVN (retro/resale upgrades): Lakeside Terrace, Harborside, Sheraton Flex; Disney Vacation Club (resale and direct): Bay Lake Towers, Riviera
I just booked a 1 br premium at Harborside for Fri, Mar 3,2023, no issue.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I just tried doing an online search within the 8 month window (Time: 8:52pm Eastern)
Westin Kaanapali North and South reservation searches are timing out but not Nanea, Princeville, Sheraton Kauai or Harborside. I wonder if the reissuing of reservations at these resorts is causing system issues.

0C8BB467-1D46-4FB4-9771-848973BA249C.jpeg

Last edited:

GLehman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
No luck tonight at Westin Nanea. I've been trying for nearly an hour since midnight eastern time. I was shown availability once but could not complete the reservation. Now I'm continuing to get a time out error.
Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.40.18 PM.png

GLehman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
It took 58 minutes of repeated attempts but I was finally able to complete a reservation. Good night!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Trying for over an hour and getting nothing but timeouts every minute. Has anyone been able to book Westin Ka’anapali South?

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
Trying for over an hour and getting nothing but timeouts every minute. Has anyone been able to book Westin Ka’anapali South?
Just finally confirmed at Westin Kaanapali South! Crazy!!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Finally confirmed South also at 1:36 AM Eastern. The system told me there was no availability at all after about 58 minutes, but I kept trying. Worst booking experience ever. Timeouts every minute, “I’m not a bot” boxes to check every few retries, and pop up boxes with timers saying I was going to get logged out for non-activity even though I was clicking retry every minute.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Seems to be working fine at 11:30PST. Must just be the 9:00PM rush causing the problems.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I had a great deal of trouble booking a SO reservation at WDW this afternoon. I got various timeouts, occasional messages that there were no rooms available. Then I tried a shorter reservation (I was trying for 13 nights) and got some options. I started increasing the length of my search, one night at a time, until I was back up to my desired 13 nights, at which point it showed me the options I wanted and I was able to book. But the site is definitely seeming overtaxed, or something. It took me nearly an hour to make the reservation.

Fgaini

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried both today and yesterday without success. Really annoying

mkyle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried doing an online search within the 8 month window (Time: 8:52pm Eastern)
Westin Kaanapali North and South reservation searches are timing out but not Nanea, Princeville, Sheraton Kauai or Harborside. I wonder if the reissuing of reservations at these resorts is causing system issues.

View attachment 48161
I am getting this same message when I try to book at either Vistana Resort which is my home resort or Vistana Villages. I am however able to get on to other resorts within the system

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I had the same issue while trying to book Sheraton Desert Oasis for 3/4/23 at 12AM on 3/4/22. I called this morning and explained to the representative that I was having an issue and it must be the site. They kept telling me that there were no units available. I had to troubleshoot the issue with them over the phone before they would take me seriously. They opened a ticket with their IT department and I'm happy to say that I was able to book what I needed at 3:30PM EST.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
1:45am Pacific and...

1646473605171.png

blondietink

Reaction score
I was online right at midnight on 3/3/2022 and made sure I refreshed right before I tried for a reservation. No problems and I got my reservation at Sheraton Kauai South 2 bedroom with no problems. I had been watching it for a week.

I know it is a small unit, but it is in Poipu, enough said. We stayed previously at Princeville and while it is lovely there, it rained literally every day, all day, in the dry season and we ended up driving down to Lihue and south every single day.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
definitely having issues with booking Villages and Resort in orlando.

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was assuming this was a problem mostly at midnight but I am trying to look at 3pm and get the same error message. I have owned for 15 years and never seen anything like this.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Just did a few searches and it worked great...then I did another and it broke. All searches since then are not working.

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
I emailed them this afternoon to go on record that there is a problem and received a response telling me to call for reservations. I just tried again this evening and still get error message.

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
i sent a second email regarding the problem tonight and immediately received the following
Thank you for your email. I had just tried to call you on the phone number you provided in your original email but did not leave a message. The Owner Services IT team was aware that there were issues with the website over the weekend with reservations, however to my knowledge it had been resolved. I have not received any additional concerns regarding the website this evening.

If you are having difficulty, we recommend that you contact the Owner Services team to report your issue so that it can be reviewed and resolved.

Have a good night.

Regards,

Cindy H.
Marriott Vacation Club Customer Advocacy
customer.advocacy@mvwc.com
800-860-9384

eveyone needs to continue to notify them about the problems.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I find it very hard to believe that their IT team isn’t already aware of the ongoing system issues members are facing. Systems today use all sort of monitoring along with alarm/alerts.

nadz786

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have had luck searching again later in the evening, what is your process?

Do you logout and log back in? or just keeping clicking modify search in hope that something appears?