• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Villages Nov 23-30 with Banner!

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
I mentioned this on another thread but it really deserves its own. The clsmit family will be at Vistana Villages Nov 23-30. We'll have the TUG Banner and I'd love to get a picture of as many Woodies as possible with the banner. Who will be around that week and where will you be? We're pretty flexible most days so we can coordinate pictures in front of the Vistana sign or Cinderella's castle or whatever....

Mickey and Turkey -- what more could one ask for?!? :banana: (Altho the DS wants to go to Universal during the week. We've never been there. Any thoughts on that?)

Looking forward to 75 and sunny, since we're getting sleet here now!! :eek:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going to Universal than I can not recommend strongly enough in trying to get a room for one night at the cheapest rate possible at any of the 3 onsite hotels. That will provide you front of the line for almost all of the rides and attractions at both parks for both your check in day and check out day. Contrary to what has been implied, Disney has more coasters than Universal it's just that Universal's are closer to the traditional idea of a coaster.

Last edited:

schubes

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going to Universal than I can not recommend strongly enough in trying to get a room for one night at the cheapest rate possible at any of the 3 onsite hotels. That will provide you front of the line for almost all of the rides and attractions at both parks for both your check in day and check out day.

We are doing this at the beginning of our trip Tgiving week. We have done this previously and it is really a great way to go. We like the Hard Rock Hotel and have been there 3 times.

We will be at Vistana 11-25 to 11-28.

CeeWoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time we ALWAYS did Disney and SeaWorld when we went to Orlando. Then after Universal we started doing the Orlando Flex ticket every now & then. (we were even in Univ b4 it officially opened-they had a soft opening really cheap one weekend)

On our last visit, we bought a Universal annual pass (we're going again b4 it expires). We really enjoy Universal (partly because it's a whole lot cheaper than Disney) but we still sneak in the occasional visit to the mouse

IT'S ALL GOOD!

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live here!

Anyway, Universal is my favorite park to go to and I have annual passes being a resident here.

If you have small children from 5-12, I think that you will really like the new Sea World Aquatica which is a water park located just north on International Drive - about 5 minutes from SVV to the park.

I strongly reccommend renting a cabana if you have a group of 4-6 (I think that is what they will fit). My sister and my niece came down in April and the three of us went. The Cabana comes with a large locker all day and privacy when you want to lounge and get sun...they also have a refridgerator with drinks already in it and a ceiling fan!!!

schubes

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live here!

Anyway, Universal is my favorite park to go to and I have annual passes being a resident here.

If you have small children from 5-12, I think that you will really like the new Sea World Aquatica which is a water park located just north on International Drive - about 5 minutes from SVV to the park.

I strongly reccommend renting a cabana if you have a group of 4-6 (I think that is what they will fit). My sister and my niece came down in April and the three of us went. The Cabana comes with a large locker all day and privacy when you want to lounge and get sun...they also have a refridgerator with drinks already in it and a ceiling fan!!!
Is the weather at the end of November warm enough to enjoy a water park?

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR

Depends on your tolerance for cooler weather. It should be in the mid 70's and sunny during the day with some passing clouds and relatively low humidity (low for FL, that is -- ungodly humid if you're from AZ or Palm Desert). For me, that's too cold to swim, but for my kids it's great.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score

I would consider putting Aquatica in your back pocket if necessary. Watch the weather forecast and if there is going to be temperatures that are condusive for water park enjoyment, go for it!

The water at the park is going to be warm that is for sure. But the air feel a little cool exiting the water.