• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Village is switching to II

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, we bought at Vistana Village in Nov., and were told they would be switching to II. I have not received a catalog from II yet, Should I be expecting it? Also, If I want to make an exchange into another Starwood resort, is it more likely to be successful at obtaining the trade if I trade through Starwood or II? With Starwood I wouldn't be able to request until 8 months out, how early can a request be made with II? Thank you for all your help. Sue

seenett

TUG Member
Reaction score
If VV decides to affiliate with II (I haven't heard anything other than rumor), Starwood will notify you. You won't automatically be given a membership with II - you will have to call them your self. It is pretty easy to do, though.

As far as other Starwood exchanges, your best bet by far is to do an internal Starwood exchange. The most popular Starwood resorts RARELY make it into II's inventory.

AROMANO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I e-mailed Starwood just about two weeks ago. They said that the change would happen "soon". This is the first time that I have ever heard anyone that was not a sales person answer in the positive. I would stay in touch with them. They usually respond to e-mails within 24 hours.

-Anthony

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
We checked in last night into a one bedroom unit which on our confirmation indicated a full kitchen. When we got to the room and after unpacking and storing a few item into the mini refrig which fit under the counter maybe 3 cu. ft, like my sons used in their college dorm rooms, I contacted the front desk. I explained to them that the RCI confirm indicated a full kitchen, which is what we reserved and what was booked. They went on to explain that the RCI confirm allows them to assign any unit they wanted as long as the sleeping accommodations were correct. I refused to accept that explanation and insisted on the full kitchen with a full refrig. They finally changed our unit to the proper one on the confirm and we are very pleased that the change was made. We are in a spacious unit one bedroom with a full kitchen and one and a half baths with a shower that could fit 10 people. The sheraton vistana villages IMHO exceeds the Marriotts we have stayed in, :) including the Grande Vista in Orlando. ;)

tofdel1

Reaction score
can you tell me what unit you had or what section? :) thanks!

tofdel1

Reaction score
Thanks. So just so I understand this correctly, If I'm booked for a 1bedroom/full kitchen- do they assign you to a premium or do the 1 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms? I am just wondering if they assign the time share renters to the smaller rooms or larger or both? I would seem like they would take the nicer units and rent them to other people, so we get stuck with the crappy units. They have so many different layouts, how do they even compare? Do they strictly use certain sections for the timeshares and other sections for regular rentals, or what? Thanks. :)

bward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tofdel1,

Not sure how Vistana Villages doles out their units to owners and exchangers.

But I can tell you, you don't have to worry about getting a 'crappy' unit.

The oldest section is, at most, 6 years old. And the newest sections are brand new. It's a wonderful place.

Later,

BW

folashade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages, SDO ,Kierland
Re: Vistana Village

I'm at the Villages very nice. I did the tour and they did confirm that they are going to II in a few months

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
ira g said:
We checked in last night into a one bedroom unit which on our confirmation indicated a full kitchen. When we got to the room and after unpacking and storing a few item into the mini refrig which fit under the counter maybe 3 cu. ft, like my sons used in their college dorm rooms, I contacted the front desk. I explained to them that the RCI confirm indicated a full kitchen, which is what we reserved and what was booked. They went on to explain that the RCI confirm allows them to assign any unit they wanted as long as the sleeping accommodations were correct. I refused to accept that explanation and insisted on the full kitchen with a full refrig. They finally changed our unit to the proper one on the confirm and we are very pleased that the change was made. We are in a spacious unit one bedroom with a full kitchen and one and a half baths with a shower that could fit 10 people. The sheraton vistana villages IMHO exceeds the Marriotts we have stayed in, :) including the Grande Vista in Orlando. ;)
II only defines kitchen and no kitchen from a guarantee and match standpoint. I don't agree that's how it should be but that's how they're set up. Thus the need to research what you're getting in to.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The size of the frig has nothing to do with limited kitchen or full kitchen.

You could have a unit designated as full kitchen with a small frig as long as it has an oven,stovetop,sink and freezer etc.

bward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, and the link.

Does anyone know when we, as Vistana Villages owners, can start using II?

Has there been an official announcement, or did I miss it?

Many thanks,

Bward

folashade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages, SDO ,Kierland
It was in the newsletter that I received via email yesterday that it will be II as of Jan 1, 2007

bward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Folashade,

I got that last night, too,

Thanks so much.

I guess it's official now!

Bward