• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Transfer dept phone number (and timeframe)

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My first Vistana purchase closed on 3/6 and I haven't heard anything from Vistana. I'm about to close on my second one and am hoping to put the "Existing Account Number" Vistana may have already assigned me on the External Transfer Form.

Does anyone here have a contact number for Vistana's Transfer department? And/or recent experience with the expected timeframe for them to process the transfer?

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually call the regular number and ask them to check to see if the contract number is in my name yet. My most recent transfer took 12 weeks

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually call the regular number and ask them to check to see if the contract number is in my name yet. My most recent transfer took 12 weeks
Thank you very much. It's now a race between Vistana (now entering the 11th week) and the USVI recording office to see if I'll have an "Existing Account Number" to put on the form before the recorded second deed is submitted to Vistana.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. It's now a race between Vistana (now entering the 11th week) and the USVI recording office to see if I'll have an "Existing Account Number" to put on the form before the recorded second deed is submitted to Vistana.
there's no guarantee that they end up in the same account

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
there's no guarantee that they end up in the same account
Yeah...I'm hoping that an ounce of prevention will alleviate the necessity of a pound of cure.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To wrap things up, I received the title transfer notification from Vistana on Monday, June 3rd. So it took Vistana just a day shy of 12 weeks from the date they received the paperwork.

Also, I later learned that you can contact the title department directly at titlechanges@mvwc.com and they returned my emails within 24 hours.

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
Disney VGC
Finally, I got a welcome email today. The transfer package was sent on Mar. 21.
I created an account in vistana.com, but I'm not able to connect my contract yet. Based on https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/new-vistana-account.355022/ I'll wait for a day. Cheers!
Now i can connect my contract but i have still two issues; no reservation by the previous owner and no vsn numer(it’s a mandatory resort contract). I would need to contract them early next week :(

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Now i can connect my contract but i have still two issues; no reservation by the previous owner and no vsn numer(it’s a mandatory resort contract). I would need to contract them early next week :(
The VSN number doesn't really show up online and you don't really need it for anything unless you have existing mandatory VOIs and the accounts didn't merge correctly. Even in that case, you don't need the VSN member number. I am not even sure what mine is unless it is the number that shows up on our maintenance fee bills.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Frenchman's Cove

Reservation transfers can take an additional three business days after the unit has been officially transfered to you. Give it a few days before contacting the transfer department.

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
Disney VGC
The VSN number doesn't really show up online and you don't really need it for anything unless you have existing mandatory VOIs and the accounts didn't merge correctly. Even in that case, you don't need the VSN member number. I am not even sure what mine is unless it is the number that shows up on our maintenance fee bills.
It was a typo 🤦‍♂️ . The web page said vsn "member" no. I will wait a couple of days more as @teddyo333 suggested. hope it's just a matter of time.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with a reservation the previous owner had made for me. The CSR with whom I spoke said that on a transfer existing reservations kind of go into limbo but that she would make sure Vistana knew that it was for the new owner. It appeared in my account between 24 and 48 hours later.

Also, the CSR was able to tell me my new VSN number.

KyleReilly

Reaction score
My transfer took over 2 months. My accounts did not merge, even though I filled out the paperwork correctly, so I had to call them, and they manually fixed it. But then it shows VSN = No. I spoke with three separate representatives, and all of them told me that I do not get star options, even though I bought at a mandatory resort. They did not understand that WKORV North is mandatory which means Star Options transfer. It’s a bit strange how 3 separate customer service representatives have no idea what they are talking about. The only way to get this resolved was by contacting the Better Business Bureau. It still is not fixed, but should be resolved shortly, but during this time, I don’t have ability to use it as was purchased.

Attachments

• IMG_1245.jpeg
    IMG_1245.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 28

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
Disney VGC
Finally, the reservation by the previous owner was transferred to me today. So, the ownership transfer seems to be being completed step by step.

Summarizing my timelines:
02/05/2024: Offer accepted.
02/28/2024: Paid deposit.
02/29/2024: ROFR waived.
03/21/2024: Sent the transfer package to Vistana.
05/21/2024: Sent a status check email to titlechanges@mvwc.com
05/23/2024: Got a reply from titlechanges@mvwc.com. saying my package was received on 03/26/2024 and they were processing requests received on 03/13/2024. So, I thought I needed to wait 2-3 weeks more.
06/14/2024: Got a welcome email from Vistana. Created an account in vistana.com. Not able to connect my contract.
06/15/2024: Was able to connect my contract in vistana.com
06/18/2024: vistana.com showed that vsn member = yes and my staroptions information.
06/19/2024: Got a reservation (by ex-owner) confirmation email from Vistana. Vistana.com also showed the reservation.

Last edited:

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
Disney VGC
Finally, the reservation by the previous owner was transferred to me today. So, the ownership transfer seems to be being completed step by step.

Summarizing my timelines:
02/05/2024: Offer accepted.
02/28/2024: Paid deposit.
02/29/2024: ROFR waived.
03/21/2024: Sent the transfer package to Vistana.
05/21/2024: Sent a status check email to titlechanges@mvwc.com
05/23/2024: Got a reply from titlechanges@mvwc.com. saying my package was received on 03/26/2024 and they were processing requests received on 03/13/2024. So, I thought I needed to wait 2-3 weeks more.
06/14/2024: Got a welcome email from Vistana. Created an account in vistana.com. Not able to connect my contract.
06/15/2024: Was able to connect my contract in vistana.com
06/18/2024: vistana.com showed that vsn member = yes and my staroptions information.
06/19/2024: Got a reservation (by ex-owner) confirmation email from Vistana. Vistana.com also showed the reservation.
update:
07/12/2024: II membership email from II. I think now all things are done. It took about 5 months in total.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If this is the same group as MVC, it was just reported that it is now supposed to take 90 BUSINESS Days not 90 days.

Yikes! I have one in transfer and 90 days would be the end of this month but 90 business days takes me into early Sept. Glad I am not crossing calendar years and I have other timeshares to use.

OTOH the service is free. HGVC charges upwards of $1700+ for the transfer and points requal upon purchase. I'll save the the money and wait.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott is falling further and further behind. Is this even their busy season for transfers? At some point they need to throw more resources at this or it will soon be a year for them to complete a transfer.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI
Vistana received Transfer paperwork 4/9/2024
Vistana cashed check 4/15/2024
Vistana emailed closing company 7/16/24 that they expect to get to it in another 2 weeks

CarpeDiem65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WDW, Westin Flex
Here is the timeline for my recent purchase of resale Westin Flex plus new developer purchase of Westin Flex

Apr 11: Purchase of 81,000 resale Westin Flex paperwork signed
Apr 16: Paperwork received by Vistana Title Changes
Apr 18: Purchased 37,000 Westin Flex from developer (Ka'anapali). Purchase included:
74,000 Bonus StarOptions
Retro a 2023 WKV resale purchase to be convertible to Club Points
Retro the Apr 11 resale 81,000 Westin Flex to have full StarOptions status and ClubPoints
May 15: New purchase of 37,000 Flex showed in Vistana account (4 weeks)
Jun 28: Bonus StarOptions (74,000) showed in Vistana account
Resale 81,000 WKV shows ClubPoints in Vistana account
Resale 81,000 Flex shows in Vistana account (10 weeks), however, VSN Member=No.
Contacted Title Changes and the said the salesperson for the new Flex needed to resend forms.
Jul 4: Salesperson resubmitted Retro paperwork
Jul 16: Rec'd new paperwork from Title Changes related to the resale Flex Retro
Jul 29: Returned signed paperwork to Title Changes
Aug 2: Resale Flex now shows VSN Member= Yes with StarOptions and ClubPoints (15 weeks)
Vistana Status is now Presidential. Bonvoy status is now Titanium Elite.
It was a long process, but we now have things structured the way we want for future use.

BA21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Key West, WKV
HGVC Flamingo
Here is the timeline for my recent purchase of resale Westin Flex plus new developer purchase of Westin Flex

Apr 11: Purchase of 81,000 resale Westin Flex paperwork signed
Apr 16: Paperwork received by Vistana Title Changes
Apr 18: Purchased 37,000 Westin Flex from developer (Ka'anapali). Purchase included:
74,000 Bonus StarOptions
Retro a 2023 WKV resale purchase to be convertible to Club Points
Retro the Apr 11 resale 81,000 Westin Flex to have full StarOptions status and ClubPoints
May 15: New purchase of 37,000 Flex showed in Vistana account (4 weeks)
Jun 28: Bonus StarOptions (74,000) showed in Vistana account
Resale 81,000 WKV shows ClubPoints in Vistana account
Resale 81,000 Flex shows in Vistana account (10 weeks), however, VSN Member=No.
Contacted Title Changes and the said the salesperson for the new Flex needed to resend forms.
Jul 4: Salesperson resubmitted Retro paperwork
Jul 16: Rec'd new paperwork from Title Changes related to the resale Flex Retro
Jul 29: Returned signed paperwork to Title Changes
Aug 2: Resale Flex now shows VSN Member= Yes with StarOptions and ClubPoints (15 weeks)
Vistana Status is now Presidential. Bonvoy status is now Titanium Elite.
It was a long process, but we now have things structured the way we want for future use.
Can I ask the cost for the 37,000 Westin Flex developer purchase? I plan to retro two resale deeds and know the minimum purchase is $15,000. Looking to get the best value out of a $15,000 developer purchase of Westin Flex or Adventuras in order to retro 2 resale weeks

CarpeDiem65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WDW, Westin Flex
Can I ask the cost for the 37,000 Westin Flex developer purchase? I plan to retro two resale deeds and know the minimum purchase is $15,000. Looking to get the best value out of a $15,000 developer purchase of Westin Flex or Adventuras in order to retro 2 resale weeks
The 37,000 Flex was priced at $15,518. We were at Ka’anapali on an Encore package so they gave us a discount of $1,795 off that price. This deal allowed us to retro the 81,000 resale Flex to have full StarOptions status including conversion to ClubPoints. Even though our resale WKV was mandatory, it didn't qualify for ClubPoints. This deal gave it Club Points status. We did this to get over 10,000 Club Points which got us Presidential Vistana status and Platinum Bonvoy status. The deal also included 74,000 bonus StarOptions to be used by the end of 2026.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The 37,000 Flex was priced at $15,518. We were at Ka’anapali on an Encore package so they gave us a discount of $1,795 off that price. This deal allowed us to retro the 81,000 resale Flex to have full StarOptions status including conversion to ClubPoints. Even though our resale WKV was mandatory, it didn't qualify for ClubPoints. This deal gave it Club Points status. We did this to get over 10,000 Club Points which got us Presidential Vistana status and Platinum Bonvoy status. The deal also included 74,000 bonus StarOptions to be used by the end of 2026.
That is certainly the way to go about it. Walk into the presentation on an Encore Package. It can also be good to have a Marriott hotel stay either before or after your trip to get an additional linkage credit. It effectivly makes the Encore Package "free" and the linkage credit can usually get an additional $1,500 off. Just need to still make sure the new money is over the $10K/$15K threshold to retro the VOIs.