• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Owners Update Incentive

Dargan1275

Reaction score
We will be going to Vistana Resort in April. We would like to go to Universal/Islands of Adventure and wondering if anyone has a list of discounted ticket prices you get for doing the owners update.

Thanks in advance
JM

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I thought Starwood only offered points and a something like a visa card?

Dargan1275

Reaction score
Haven't been there in a few years but they used to offer discount attraction tickets for doing the owners update. Not sure if that is still the case. Hopefully someone will know.

Thanks Denise

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I went there a couple of years ago, we had several hundred dollars of discount off tickets as our incentive.

Scott & Laura

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

We went their when we brought our kids down and SVO offered Universal and Disney discounts if you went to owner update. At Vistana during update we were told discount tickets required an owners update.

We consented as we wanted to know about Starwoods new options---Huge Mistake in our opinion we discovered

We did receive discount to Disney and Universal. However the STarwood sales people were so over the top obnoxious I would never ever ever buy from them---it was an over the top hard sell and they confronted my wife so wrongfully and tried to separate us to the point I told them I would call 911

My thoughts are if you can tolerate 4 hours of bad behavior do it if you feel its a benefit to yourself personally. They claim 1-1/2 hours but they will keep you and pass you through hard sell folks receive discounts until you go through process for hours.

I would rather pay full price than attend sales for discounts owners update and will never attend another Orland owners update ever.. However I am a Minnesotan and that type of behavior I grew up knowing is wrong. New Yorker's may find it okay. I was aghast at Starwoods behavior including the fact we discovered they were secretly tape recording our conversations

Go forewarned to save funds--we went for update and NO update provided.
We were disgusted and would rather pay FULL price than listen--to others forewarned and willing to get discounts --it may be worthwhile

Scott.

Scott

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

We went their when we brought our kids down and SVO offered Universal and Disney discounts if you went to owner update. At Vistana during update we were told discount tickets required an owners update.

We consented as we wanted to know about Starwoods new options---Huge Mistake in our opinion we discovered

We did receive discount to Disney and Universal. However the STarwood sales people were so over the top obnoxious I would never ever ever buy from them---it was an over the top hard sell and they confronted my wife so wrongfully and tried to separate us to the point I told them I would call 911

My thoughts are if you can tolerate 4 hours of bad behavior do it if you feel its a benefit to yourself personally. They claim 1-1/2 hours but they will keep you and pass you through hard sell folks receive discounts until you go through process for hours.

I would rather pay full price than attend sales for discounts owners update and will never attend another Orland owners update ever.

Scott

We always told ourselves no update until we get tempted by discounts and occasionally allow ourselves to go to the Starwood, Marriott and Worldmark ones. We hold firm on no to all other timeshare systems/resorts

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
We went not last spring. It was just as the Flex program was rolling out. I can't remember if it was $100 or $150 cash and discounted tickets. It was no better than you could find online at mousesavers, etc. But you did get the cash benefit. We weren't going to be in the parks for more than a few days because we were there for my son to play baseball. The saving comes if you are going to be in the parks 5+ days.

I agree it was a hard sell there. Normally we don't have a problem doing an owner update. Orlando was unlike any experience we had ever had before with Starwood. We have done them other places before - AZ, HI, St. Johns. It was a true timeshare experience there and I'd never recommend it. The good news is that I mentioned TUG and we were on our way quickly :hysterical:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did an update in Orlando and the presentation was no different than any other Starwood, Marriott, or Hilton, of course, YMMV as it is being stated above.

I guess they must have thought I was not buying since the beginning.:ponder:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I did an update in Orlando and the presentation was no different than any other Starwood, Marriott, or Hilton, of course, YMMV as it is being stated above.

I guess they must have thought I was not buying since the beginning.:ponder:

The owners updates are pretty easy now that we have 1.2 million StarOptions. Usually it takes the salesperson 20 minutes just to rifle through our existing portfolio to understand what we already own.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
The owners updates are pretty easy now that we have 1.2 million StarOptions. Usually it takes the salesperson 20 minutes just to rifle through our existing portfolio to understand what we already own.

I guess mine are not bad considering the 1.15M SOs and additional VOI with MVC and HGVC...the MF are the killer though...:mad:...but, like a have said before, it's self inflicted pain.