• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana owner using RCI

kastis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody has experience registering on RCI exchange with Vistana properties. I have a couple Vistana weeks in Cancun and Orlando with no star options bought on secondary, i would have to pay to exchange them on Interval. I thought would it make sense to register on RCI to have more flexibility to be able use both Interval and RCI ?
Is it worth it ?
Thanks

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The Vistana Resorts are NOT part of RCI

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The Vistana Resorts are NOT part of RCI
Maybe not Cancun, but the Orlando one probably is, just like SDO and SBP. Originally these were a different management company and exchanged only with RCI, then Starwood took over and had to keep inventory in RCI. RCI actually gets huge numbers of SDO and SBP weeks over a year out, ahead of owner bookings. It's annoying.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Right now, there are lots of weeks for 2021 at SBP in RCI.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
They are not owned by RCI but some of them belong to the RCI trading system, Sheraton Bway Plantation and Orlando Resorts are two of them. You still would have to pay RCI annual fee and exchange fees as well. I tried it for a few years, for me, Interval has better quality name resorts to trade into. RCI has a bigger network and variety of locations, but for me, not worth it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Hi,

Does anybody has experience registering on RCI exchange with Vistana properties. I have a couple Vistana weeks in Cancun and Orlando with no star options bought on secondary, i would have to pay to exchange them on Interval. I thought would it make sense to register on RCI to have more flexibility to be able use both Interval and RCI ?
Is it worth it ?
Thanks
I’d go with Interval over RCI for Vistana properties.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
I have both II and RCI. RCI has more availabilty, but II has better quality. The biggest diffrence is their search engines. II is OK. RCI is 1995 dial up internet. RCI is so bad I am considering getting rid of my RCI points unit..

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Vistana unit that I enrolled last year in RCI Weeks. Because I can get great Vistana trades in Interval, the choices I have in RCI for the same deposit seem very poor so I never actually used it. I do not think it is worth paying the annual fees if you have just a small number of TPUs. Another argument against enrolling a Vistana week is that RCI has a lot more inventory in RCI Points than RCI Weeks. We decided recently to buy a dedicated RCI points contract. I am quite happy with what I could find so far ( our RCI points account was set up last week).

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I have dual affiliated resorts, including Sheraton Vistana, registered with both II and RCI, but I have much better luck with RCI. I'd like to drop II, but I have one resort that is only affiliated with them.

Sheila

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In Orlando, only Sheraton Vistana Resort has RCI affiliation. Sheraton Vistana Villages is only with II.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
I have dual affiliated resorts, including Sheraton Vistana, registered with both II and RCI, but I have much better luck with RCI. I'd like to drop II, but I have one resort that is only affiliated with them.

Sheila
My feeling too. Both my resorts trade in RCI, so that is where we have membership and I have had very good luck with getting the exchanges I want. Vistana provided a free membership to II for a year to try and woo us over, but I never found ANYTHING I wanted to exchange for.

Really, it all depends on how you use the systems.

I also think (not certain) that if I actually deposited my relatively high value SVR week in II that I would get a diluted value. We have a deeded prime week (March break) that pulls very good TPU in RCI.

ETA: Also note that Vistana gets reduced exchange fees in RCI. Just a few bucks, but every bit counts.

OP - is your week deeded? If yes, PM me the details and I can look up what kind of TPU you would get for it. I can also do a search for a couple of dates/locations for you to let you know what you might find. Nothing but time on my hands right now :)

tarahsu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO | 1BR (ODD)
SDO | 2BD LO (EVEN)
I made a deposit into RCI but have yet to trade it anywhere. I have a request in for the Maldives in 2021 so will see if I get it.