• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vistana. January 09

Dublin 4

Reaction score
Staying at Vistana January 9th(Friday).on an RCI exchange.

1. How do I pre check in?
2. Is it worth requesting a specific area?
3. Which is renovated and recommended?
Many Thanks

mgard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vistana

1. Go on the Vistana web site and click on Diamond lane to pre check in.

2. Yes it's worth it. We went in August and I did and got what I wanted.

3. The Cascades is IMO the nicest. Although I know there doing reburbs in other parts but I don't know if they'll be done in Jan.

Make your request when you pre check in, there's a spot for it. Then make a follow call to check on it.

Have a great time!!!

iluvwdw

Reaction score
Actually, the nicest villas now are the refurbished Lakes Villas. I think the majority should be finished by the end of this year. Not sure of the exact finish date, though. Cascades villas while not refurbished yet, it's the newest section of the resort. I own in both areas and love them equally.

So....request a refurbished Lakes Villa or any Cascades Villa. You will be happy! :clap:

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
just make sure you are not backed up to I-4. did that last year and it was loud with all the car -truck-motorcycle noise all night long and the windows in the place are like being on the road..

have a good one

Mimi

TUG Review Crew
Reaction score
We will be checking-in Vistana on Sunday, 10/26 via RCI Extra Vacation. We have a 2br 6/8 and have requested a 1st floor or handicapped unit as we will be with an elderly aunt who would have difficulty climbing stairs. Are any of these 1st floor units located in Cascades or Lakes? If not, what section should we request? TIA for any input. :wave: