• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana is telling me no small 1 bedrooms for prime summer 2019 are available

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
This has been an issue for the last two years, and now it's happening a third year. No inventory for lockoff units. NONE. Not one unit weeks 24-32, as they look ahead for next year, is available. Only premium one bedrooms are available.

I attempted to book my week 28 lockoff for next year. I was told only one bedroom premiums are available. I told the nice young woman that my week should still be available. She said the owners have already booked ALL of the small one bedrooms I said it is not possible for owners to book ahead of me and that they must have oversold week 28. She said they don't oversell.

RCI got a huge bulk banking months ago for summer of 2019. I told her that. She insisted that is a different bucket of inventory. I said, "So this is unsold inventory, unowned?" Then my week should still be available.

I was transferred to Owner Resolutions. This woman went on to explain how booking works, talking down to me. She said, "So if I own week 28 and you own week 28, and I want to book just the small one bedroom, now you cannot book that small one bedroom because it is gone." Spare me the stupidity of THAT explanation, which is more than ridiculous, it's downright stupid.

I would put this owner resolution agent's name here in the post, but it would be slanderous for her because she is so arrogant to think she can explain away that which is ludicrous.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I own an annual and an EOY odd. Last year I checked every week and was not able to book so I deposited in II. I don't want to do the same this year. There is something wrong.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
This has been an issue for the last two years, and now it's happening a third year. No inventory for lockoff units. NONE. Not one unit weeks 24-32, as they look ahead for next year, is available. Only premium one bedrooms are available.

I attempted to book my week 28 lockoff for next year. I was told only one bedroom premiums are available. I told the nice young woman that my week should still be available. She said the owners have already booked ALL of the small one bedrooms I said it is not possible for owners to book ahead of me and that they must have oversold week 28. She said they don't oversell.

RCI got a huge bulk banking months ago for summer of 2019. I told her that. She insisted that is a different bucket of inventory. I said, "So this is unsold inventory, unowned?" Then my week should still be available.

I was transferred to Owner Resolutions. This woman went on to explain how booking works, talking down to me. She said, "So if I own week 28 and you own week 28, and I want to book just the small one bedroom, now you cannot book that small one bedroom because it is gone." Spare me the stupidity of THAT explanation, which is more than ridiculous, it's downright stupid.

I would put this owner resolution agent's name here in the post, but it would be slanderous for her because she is so arrogant to think she can explain away that which is ludicrous.
Not sure if I understand but it is not yet week 28! Unless you have a fixed week you cannot reserve more then 12 Months in advance. Of course all owners can try for their "season" right at 12 mo mark (midnight EST). Depending on your latency, jitter and ping times youmay not be the "first of available" units. :(

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
It's going to have to take more than one call for Vistana to look into anything. I believe they are holding back inventory to rent. That is what I think, but I also know RCI got a huge banking of weeks, and a lot of them were small one bedrooms in prime summer months.

Nothing will keep Vistana from doing what it wants with inventory, if people don't inundate the call center with complaints. I am only one person.

I didn't appreciate the explanation as to why I cannot book my week 28 at all. I also own weeks 27 and 31 Nothing available.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not sure if I understand but it is not yet week 28! Unless you have a fixed week you cannot reserve more then 12 Months in advance. Of course all owners can try for their "season" right at 12 mo mark (midnight EST). Depending on your latency, jitter and ping times youmay not be the "first of available" units. :(
In the original, older Myrtle phase of the resort, the rules are that you can book your home resort over 12 months out, up to 24 months ahead. That is unique to the Myrtle phase.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Is this also included in the Sheraton Flex? Could that be messing with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I book harborside which owners don't have to prepay and inventory may be gone within 2 minutes but at least it shows as available at midnight. I did not check every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the summer but I did stay up to midnight 8-10 times and there never showed any availability at midnight even for a few seconds. It basically showed as if they were already booked. That would mean every summer week owner would have prepaid and booked before the 12 month mark. There may have been a few but not all. What I think happens is Vistana pulls out more all the summer weeks and either deposit with RCI or hold them for SVN owners before the 12 month mark even ones not deeded for summer.

The other explination is they have the non SVN small one bedrooms coded incorrectly so they can't match. The problem with that explanation is I can see plenty of off seasons weeks 9-23 that float in my season.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
In the original, older Myrtle phase of the resort, the rules are that you can book your home resort over 12 months out, up to 24 months ahead. That is unique to the Myrtle phase.
Ahhhh Hah! But I wonder if you have all owners chasing the most desirable weeks with same 24 Mo lead wouldn't results be the same?:ponder:

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
I book harborside which owners don't have to prepay and inventory may be gone within 2 minutes but at least it shows as available at midnight. I did not check every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the summer but I did stay up to midnight 8-10 times and there never showed any availability at midnight even for a few seconds. It basically showed as if they were already booked. That would mean every summer week owner would have prepaid and booked before the 12 month mark. There may have been a few but not all. What I think happens is Vistana pulls out more all the summer weeks and either deposit with RCI or hold them for SVN owners before the 12 month mark even ones not deeded for summer.

The other explination is they have the non SVN small one bedrooms coded incorrectly so they can't match. The problem with that explanation is I can see plenty of off seasons weeks 9-23 that float in my season.

I have always believed when owners convert their week to SPs or bank that Vistana uses "that week" for themselves and reserves the most desirable weeks before the 12/24 month mark. This maximizes their rental revenue. My facts are that one can always rent a Riverfront Spring Break Ski Week even with NO SO inventory. :mad:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ahhhh Hah! But I wonder if you have all owners chasing the most desirable weeks with same 24 Mo lead wouldn't results be the same?:ponder:
No because if there are 25 small bedrooms available for week 27 with a Saturday check in no more than 25 owners could be reserving those prior to 12 months. Cindy is being told there nothing available for her week prior to 12 months. You know no SVN members even deeded at SBP are reserving prior to 12 months. And you know not 100% of non SVN deeded week 27 owners are paying their MF's early and reserving prior to 12 months.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
No because if there are 25 small bedrooms available for week 27 with a Saturday check in no more than 25 owners could be reserving those prior to 12 months. Cindy is being told there nothing available for her week prior to 12 months. You know no SVN members even deeded at SBP are reserving prior to 12 months. And you know not 100% of non SVN deeded week 27 owners are paying their MF's early and reserving prior to 12 months.
But wouldn't week 28 '19 be available 12 months ago at the 24 Mo mark? Or are these actually "Fixed Weeks" vs float?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But wouldn't week 28 '19 be available 12 months ago at the 24 Mo mark? Or are these actually "Fixed Weeks" vs float?
Yes but no one other than week 28 owners could book before 12 months so as long as it is 12 months plus a day there should be one for every week 28 owner who wants one.

They are float weeks at 12 months but owners can reserve there deeded week from 24 months to 12 months plus 1 day without competition from the other float owners in the season with other deeded weeks.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I need to formulate my thoughts on this situation before this woman from Resolution Services calls me back. Does she really believe the story she is telling me? Inventory is in buckets and RCI got only Vistana-owned weeks?

No small 1 bedrooms are available AT ALL for week 27, week 28, and week 31? How are they going to deposit small one bedrooms into II for me, if there are none. Seriously, something is wrong. Don't the frontline reps get tired of people complaining about this? Am I the only one who is insisting on an explanation for this folly?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I need to formulate my thoughts on this situation before this woman from Resolution Services calls me back. Does she really believe the story she is telling me? Inventory is in buckets and RCI got only Vistana-owned weeks?

No small 1 bedrooms are available AT ALL for week 27, week 28, and week 31? How are they going to deposit small one bedrooms into II for me, if there are none. Seriously, something is wrong. Don't the frontline reps get tired of people complaining about this? Am I the only one who is insisting on an explanation for this folly?
They don't deposit summer weeks with II. If you told them to deposit in II they just give you blended power which may not have actually be made up of any SBP or they could deposit two week 4 which II says is the same as one week between 9-35.

They obviously have to be depositing weeks inventory into RCI. SVN members can't exchange through RCI so they would not take SVN inventory to deposit there.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

i would keep pursuing until you get an answer that makes sense. I would keep going up in management to ask keeping records of names, dates and what you were told.

I would put your logical understanding of how it works in a letter saying this is how I understand it works. If not please let me know why not and how it actually works. Send to the highest person in the chain and certify it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It seems that there is no explanation on the lack of small one bedrooms for the entire summer. This makes zero sense to me. It's obvious Vistana is holding back, or depositing into RCI, more of the small one bedrooms than are deeded and owned.

I was able to get my small one bedroom booked. It's a small unit, standalone with no lockoff door, for 6/29 of next year. That was easy enough to get. But the small sides of those two bedroom lockoffs, nothing is available.

If you own a lockoff unit, it's time to get on the phone and find out what is going on with this. I shouldn't have to pay 24 months in advance to book my deeded weeks, but I might have to do it.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
and it is weird because every other size is still available. How can they explain that every summer deeded small one bedroom owner books prior to 13 months but that isn't the case for all the other size units. If there are lock offs available Vistana can lock of a few more to make at least 1 or 2 available during each release at 12 months.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One thing for sure, there is a general lack of compassion/empathy for those of us who cannot book our small one bedroom portion of the lockoff units. That is what I get from the employees at Vistana, especially the woman in owner resolutions. The entire explanation of how inventory works was insulting. The fact is, Vistana is mis-managing inventory. This should be a conversation in their call center right now. Where are the small one bedrooms?

I remember a few years ago, the small one bedrooms would appear for prime weeks just randomly. It was about the only unit type you would see just sitting online. Prime weeks would just appear for those units, and I didn't have problems booking my lockoffs.

I still cannot book online, either, so I have to call first thing in the morning to book our weeks for exactly a year out.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
So, if perhaps I owned a 2 bedroom lock-off (I don't) and wanted to book only the small side, you are saying that this would not be possible?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, if perhaps I owned a 2 bedroom lock-off (I don't) and wanted to book only the small side, you are saying that this would not be possible?
Only if you wanted an off-season week.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was never a problem with SBP before they changed the rules with Interval International deposits. There is definitely something fishy here. Before Vistana (Westin at the time) made the rule that you can't pick the week you deposit into II, I always reserved prime summer weeks and deposited them into II. I still give my units to II, but they don't have the trade power they used to have because you can't pick the week. I really don't like how Vistana/Westin deals with SBP. I didn't know about the summer lockoff reservation issue because I haven't needed to reserve a specific week due to Vistana's rules for depositing into II... Sorry you are having a difficult time, Cindy. It really doesn't make any sense.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This was never a problem with SBP before they changed the rules with Interval International deposits. There is definitely something fishy here. Before Vistana (Westin at the time) made the rule that you can't pick the week you deposit into II, I always reserved prime summer weeks and deposited them into II. I still give my units to II, but they don't have the trade power they used to have because you can't pick the week. I really don't like how Vistana/Westin deals with SBP. I didn't know about the summer lockoff reservation issue because I haven't needed to reserve a specific week due to Vistana's rules for depositing into II... Sorry you are having a difficult time, Cindy. It really doesn't make any sense.
Yes, those were the good ol' days. They sure have taken away a lot of benefits. I was hoping things would be different with the ILG takeover, but of course they are also II, and I think things have just gotten worse. The trade power on those small 1 bedrooms is pitiful now. I can get Orlando in off-season, but I have a lot of those small one bedrooms to deposit here soon.

Thank you for the sympathy. At least I know some people get the problem.

No such problems with Marriott. Marriott is a dream compared to Vistana.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Duplicate post.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think that is it either. It was still fine two years ago. Last year and this year have been the only problems and the II change was way back in 2010. The problem is specifically with the small side of the 2 BR lock off only and really only at SBP plantation phase. The biggest problem is Vistana will not admit there is a problem.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even my deeded week 33, I cannot get a small one bedroom. I consider week 33 to be off-season because kids are back in school.

I cannot book anything online. I try every night at midnight a year out. I have to call. By the time I got my tired body out of bed this morning to call Vistana, the 6/30/2019 weeks were completely gone in Plantation phase.