• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana employee turnover must be very high, new people do not know how to do things like lockoff a unit

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
This has been so frustrating. I have lost one reservation for 7/9. I lost the small one bedroom at SBP because Roger didn't bother to listen to me, when I told him there is a process for locking off and keeping my 7/9 small one bedroom and assigning another reservation number to it.

Now I just told this new person the same thing, that she needs to reach out to a different department to accomplish this task, and after I told her, she put me on hold now for nearly an hour. It's been 58 minutes so far. I don't think this is all that difficult.

Have things changed with Vistana and their policies to lock off units? She asked me which side I want to keep and which one I want to book for new dates. I want my date back with the two sides separate. That is what I want.

From now on, I will book the two sides of the lockoff separately and then have the front desk put them together for those who want the entire lockoff. This is crazy to me.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
Totally understand your frustration. I had a slightly different ask for the Vistana support to reduce my 5-day reservation to 4-day. They used to be able to do that with their backend channel. I was told that they had to cancel the reservation and rebook. Lo and behold, once they cancelled the reservation, the dates were gone entirely. I was told at the time that their new system did not allow changes without cancelling, which could be true. But it is also possible the person did not know what he was doing. I didn't want to spend time arguing with someone who doesn't know, it would just be a waste of my time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
An hour and ten minutes on the phone, both confirmations came through with only Bonvoy numbers (no Vistana numbers anywhere). I stayed on the phone for another five minutes after I received both confirmations. I was going to tell her thank you for doing that, but I hung up because no one came back. At least I got it done.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another problem is that once a booking is cancelled, it is not back in the inventory right away (ever?). I do not know if it was luck or a feature, but in the past when I cancelled a reservation, it was immediately available again.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Totally understand your frustration. I had a slightly different ask for the Vistana support to reduce my 5-day reservation to 4-day. They used to be able to do that with their backend channel. I was told that they had to cancel the reservation and rebook. Lo and behold, once they cancelled the reservation, the dates were gone entirely. I was told at the time that their new system did not allow changes without cancelling, which could be true. But it is also possible the person did not know what he was doing. I didn't want to spend time arguing with someone who doesn't know, it would just be a waste of my time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Did you reach out to Resolution Services (or whatever it's called) to get it back? I tried to reach out with my 7/9 small one bedroom that got cancelled, but I wasn't home (we travel 22 weeks a year), and they called me back on our home phone.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
Did you reach out to Resolution Services (or whatever it's called) to get it back? I tried to reach out with my 7/9 small one bedroom that got cancelled, but I wasn't home (we travel 22 weeks a year), and they called me back on our home phone.

Nope, too late on that day, but it was not too much big a deal at that time (I had both Marriott and Vistana and ended up booking on the Marriott side).

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As far as I know, there is no waitlist process with Vistana. The reservations should come back within minutes. You would think, right?

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I shouldn't call them to reduce my WSJ reservation from 7 days to 6 days is what you are telling me.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I shouldn't call them to reduce my WSJ reservation from 7 days to 6 days is what you are telling me.
I would keep what you have, unless you don't really want the reservation.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year I shortened my WKV stay and the agent lost my reservation. However, she told me that the backend folks would fix it. True enough 2 days later I got a new reservation and SOs credit back to my account. However, I did not get an email notification when it was rebooked.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last year I shortened my WKV stay and the agent lost my reservation. However, she told me that the backend folks would fix it. True enough 2 days later I got a new reservation and SOs credit back to my account. However, I did not get an email notification when it was rebooked.
I thought that might be the case with my 7/9 small one bedroom, but it never showed up in my account. I have always seen the new reservation # in my account before they sent the email.

So odd that the lady did not come back to the phone at all.

I used to talk to a lady named Pamela years ago, and she was so helpful and kind and knowledgeable. I miss that service.