• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana and II

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
So I reviewing my II account and noticed our Feb 2020 vacation was cancelled. Checked my messages folder and saw nothing. Checked my Vistana account and saw nothing. Checked my CC and charges were refunded. WTH.
Well I called II and was notified that a letter was sent and since I did not respond, our reservation was cancelled. When I originally exchanged, I had spoken to Vistana and II about my II account having incorrect info. Told that Vistana will verify everything. Well what good did that do. My II account is still a mess and my 2019 week is gone.
What amazes me is all transactions are electronic but II believes they can get away w/ zero emails in their own messaging system. I can be spammed on a daily basis yet electronic notification regarding transactions. Not happy at all. And question if I want to keep my II account.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that, it sucks. I assume that your reservation was not confirmed, you just reserved it.

The "my units" section in II is a mess IMO, I cannot differentiate between EY and EOY contracts, it shows a higher number of weeks than I own because the EOY contracts are displayed even for the years I do not own.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
My II account still has weeks I sold many years ago. I’ve asked them to remove them numerous times, and it’s clear the reps don’t want to deal with it because they can’t do to themselves. What a mess of a system. And now they own Vistana. Oh, joy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I am sorry to hear that, it sucks. I assume that your reservation was not confirmed, you just reserved it.

The "my units" section in II is a mess IMO, I cannot differentiate between EY and EOY contracts, it shows a higher number of weeks than I own because the EOY contracts are displayed even for the years I do not own.
I actually have a confirmation email because I thought the same. The excuse that they only use snail mail isn’t acceptable. So I am now being to Customer Relations via phone which I hate because I believe in CYA email correspondence.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
This snafu showcases RCI’s superiority platform wise for me. At least I know what is confirmed vs reserved.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You said your 2019 week is gone. Did Vistana transfer it to II or is Vistana claiming you don't have a 2019 week? From my past experience, Vistana had been the ones to mess up and not II. Vistana claimed that I had used up the week and it took a 3-way conversation with II and Vistana, with II telling Vistana that I had not used the week for another exchange.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Yea, I've talked to them several times about getting the off year removed. The consistent answer I get is that the system was not built to account for off years. So they will always show...at least until they figure out how to update the system to reflect it.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
You said your 2019 week is gone. Did Vistana transfer it to II or is Vistana claiming you don't have a 2019 week? From my past experience, Vistana had been the ones to mess up and not II. Vistana claimed that I had used up the week and it took a 3-way conversation with II and Vistana, with II telling Vistana that I had not used the week for another exchange.
I agree it is mostlt Vistana’s fault. I am reaching out to them on Monday. At least II responds to emails in 3hrs. Vistana is 48hrs for a response.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it I had to go through a similar situation last year when II was telling me that Vistana did not deposit my week, Vistana said it did and it took a 3 way call to fix the issue. It drove me crazy for several days especially because I really did not want to lose the exchange.

This is probably proof of how archaic the Interval IT and how little integrated their system with the largest developers. Hopefully the integration with Marriott will bring some positive change.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had dozens of successful exchanges with II. Some of the exchanges were same day as well. I think that II actually does a very good job of making sure they honor their exchanges. The only reason I would think there would be a problem is if vistana did not deposit your week as they should have. Just relaying my experience with II.

The other posts on II not showing which week is which (EOY vs EY), I can understand. Did they not offer any way to make verify which week you are exchanging?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval processes hundreds of thousands of exchanges every year. The fact that most of them go well should not surprise anyone. Yet, what @SteelerGal and I have experienced is evidence that the process should be improved, it is hard to believe that these have been the only 2 instances when things went wrong.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem lies with Vistana and not II. Vistana is incompetent in tracking whether they have deposited the weeks and whether they were already used for exchange.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem lies with Vistana and not II. Vistana is incompetent in tracking whether they have deposited the weeks and whether they were already used for exchange.
you may be right but how do we know how Vistana and II communicate these deposits? How do we know that Vistana did not communicate the deposit to II or that II did not register the deposit that Vistana communicated correctly?

To complete what happened to me about a year ago: I booked in II then I requested Vistana to make the deposit. A day later I checked the "my history" section in II. I had a deposit and I had an unconfirmed exchange. I called II and they said that I have to wait for the 2 to match. Few days later, after the 2 did not match, II told me they were still waiting for Vistana to deposit. I pointed that Vistana deposited it already. They said it was not that deposit they were waiting for which was crazy because the deposit and the week I was exchanging with were identical. Several calls later (II and Vistana) we finally did a 3 way call and the issue was resolved swiftly. I do not know if II keeps track internally of the Vistana contract # deposited (say I deposit a 1 bdr that comes from an EY contract vs a 1 bdr that comes from a 2 bdr lockoff EOY) but in the "my units" section there is a long list of units without any identification.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I agree.
They need to allow us to clean up our accounts as well as have a better ownership identification process.

btw I did receive a II mailer on Friday indicating that they cancelled my request. 2 days after cancellation z

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It was Vistana. The rep manually entered into Vistana's system my II account. My dashboard shows my 2019 week not being available but it shows on their internal site. Grrr. I had Vistana link my II account to all of my weeks so this shouldn't happen again. However I'm sure something else will go awry.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
It was Vistana. The rep manually entered into Vistana's system my II account. My dashboard shows my 2019 week not being available but it shows on their internal site. Grrr. I had Vistana link my II account to all of my weeks so this shouldn't happen again. However I'm sure something else will go awry.
Are they going to be able to restore the week that you had booked?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Nope. It actually worked out for the best though. We were able to secure another option that works better for us.

mindy35

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another downside to exchanging with II, I am finding, is that since we have a higher caliber property to trade (which originally was a big appeal), most resorts they offer don’t stack up to the quality of the Westin offerings. It’s like owning the most expensive house on the street?

Respectfully, Marriott has a much larger portfolio but most don’t compare to what you get at Westin’s. I’m having a hard time finding appealing properties. I rarely see Hyatt or Welk, just for ex,units available.

Also, I must be doing something wrong. I deposited my Vistana a while ago, made a pretty broad (3 month window for about 7 resorts in the Caribbean) exchange request and have only been offered “damaged goods”. 1 property under major renovation and lots of complaints or I was phoned with an AI (requiring big additional $$), which was never on my list (and that II must have gotten a huge batch of availability because I am saw a whole group of people asking about getting this exact exchange offer at once)?

I could use a real lesson as to how to use the whole service efficiently and effectively. I can’t figure out how to see current inventory even with a unit already on deposit. Are there YouTube or ? tutorials out there?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
To see the bulk deposits, you need to follow the Sightings Board on Tug. It’s how I picked up Hyatt Round 2.

I read the Vistana threads regarding trading to familiarize myself as well as gain tidbits. Depending on the property, many will rent than trade. Getaways is an option if the price is right instead of using my trade.

I’m sure others will chime in.