• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vista encantada

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you staying in the Residences or the main section of the resort? We are considering en exchange into a 1BR, which I assume is in the main section rather than the Residences, but I am not sure of that. Curious what the main section is like.

Thanks.

Mike
We are in the main section of the resort. I would compare this favourably to a Grande Luxxe unit in Nuevo Vallarta without the beach. AI is not mandatory. You can purcghase 3, 4 or 7 day packages should you wish and the price lowers as you go longer. We have a car so can zip in to either Cabo or San Jose for meals. We went to the marina last night for Hallowe'en and enjoyed valet parking at the sister resort right on the marina - a great perk. You would not be disappointed coming here.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the main section of the resort. I would compare this favourably to a Grande Luxxe unit in Nuevo Vallarta without the beach. AI is not mandatory. You can purcghase 3, 4 or 7 day packages should you wish and the price lowers as you go longer. We have a car so can zip in to either Cabo or San Jose for meals. We went to the marina last night for Hallowe'en and enjoyed valet parking at the sister resort right on the marina - a great perk. You would not be disappointed coming here.
If I understand there are 3 sections: Hacienda Encantada Residences (standalone villas), Hacienda Encantada, and Vista Encantada? Am I right? Do you have a map of the resort that includes all 3?

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I understand there are 3 sections: Hacienda Encantada Residences (standalone villas), Hacienda Encantada, and Vista Encantada? Am I right? Do you have a map of the resort that includes all 3?tions
Yes but will have to scan it when I get home. You are correct that there are 3 sections. Hacienda Encantada is the original development, then The Residences and then Vista Encantada opened in December of 2019.

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing they don't tell you until you are checking out is that there is a $13 US service charge and a $2.50 disinfection and cleaning fee, both charged daily. Additionally, whenever you purchase something on site, or eat a meal, when they present you with the bill there is already a service charge on the bill but there is still a spot for you to add an additional tip. We got caught a couple of times before we noticed this.

We were there as a non-all inclusive so I cannot comment on how this would affect those staying on the all inclusive plan.

We did tip the maids daily as well as the bellboys on valet parking.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
@klpca How did you visit to Vista Encantada go? I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had some friends go there when it had first opened. They loved it. It was very ooh-la-la. They got upgraded to the 3 BR penthouse residence or whatever (not sure I still have the pictures as they were sent in texts). As long as you know that there's no swimmable beach (or much of a beach period) it looked and sounded wonderful. I want to say this was pre-COVID, but will have to double-check my emails.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
@klpca How did you visit to Vista Encantada go? I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!
We did! We started out in a 4 bedroom unit in the main tower but (long story) had to move after two days and were moved into a 3 bedroom residence which was super nice. It was probably one of our best trades ever. We are going back next year but I only booked a two bedroom this time.

FYI for the 4 bedroom unit, the two masters both had ocean views, but in the other two rooms, one had two queens and the other had two full beds, and neither one of those rooms had ocean views. The kitchen was what my husband calls a "2 butt" kitchen (small galley kitchen) with no dishwasher, but had a really nice gas grill on the balcony. The rooftop pool was awesome. Everything about the residence was better than the regular room, but I can't figure out a reliable way to get a residence in an exchange. I asked to pay for an upgrade at check in and was told that "nothing was available". On property, we ate at Mestizo, Barolo, and Los Riscos. Of those three Barolo was our favorite. Prices were high, but going into town won't necessarily save you much since you have to tack on a cab fare. We did not do the all inclusive but the final offer that we received from the resort was for $117 per person. per day, and $88 for seniors. Even with the AI there were upcharges at the places where we ate - it seemed to be for seafood and high end beef dishes. The mixed drinks seemed watered down. I just switched to non-alcoholic beverages ;) . They request that you don't bring beverages to the pool but no one sad anything about our water - but we were ordering drinks. Service all around was top notch.

This place is really nice. The only drawback I see is the location in the corridor. There is nothing in walking distance and cab fares aren't cheap ($35 to Cabo and a bit more to get into San Jose del Cabo - but those prices were for 6 people. I think for up to 4 people it was about $10 less). If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We did! We started out in a 4 bedroom unit in the main tower but (long story) had to move after two days and were moved into a 3 bedroom residence which was super nice. It was probably one of our best trades ever. We are going back next year but I only booked a two bedroom this time.

FYI for the 4 bedroom unit, the two masters both had ocean views, but in the other two rooms, one had two queens and the other had two full beds, and neither one of those rooms had ocean views. The kitchen was what my husband calls a "2 butt" kitchen (small galley kitchen) with no dishwasher, but had a really nice gas grill on the balcony. The rooftop pool was awesome. Everything about the residence was better than the regular room, but I can't figure out a reliable way to get a residence in an exchange. I asked to pay for an upgrade at check in and was told that "nothing was available". On property, we ate at Mestizo, Barolo, and Los Riscos. Of those three Barolo was our favorite. Prices were high, but going into town won't necessarily save you much since you have to tack on a cab fare. We did not do the all inclusive but the final offer that we received from the resort was for $117 per person. per day, and $88 for seniors. Even with the AI there were upcharges at the places where we ate - it seemed to be for seafood and high end beef dishes. The mixed drinks seemed watered down. I just switched to non-alcoholic beverages ;) . They request that you don't bring beverages to the pool but no one sad anything about our water - but we were ordering drinks. Service all around was top notch.

This place is really nice. The only drawback I see is the location in the corridor. There is nothing in walking distance and cab fares aren't cheap ($35 to Cabo and a bit more to get into San Jose del Cabo - but those prices were for 6 people. I think for up to 4 people it was about $10 less). If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

We got a trade into a 1BR unit for the week after Thanksgiving next year, so looking forward to it. How do you recommend getting from the airport to the resort if we don’t have a car?

Best regards.

Mike

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We got a trade into a 1BR unit for the week after Thanksgiving next year, so looking forward to it. How do you recommend getting from the airport to the resort if we don’t have a car?

Best regards.

Mike
We arranged for a driver who stopped by the grocery store first. For the six of us it was maybe $150 round trip (they pick you up at a prearranged time the following week). Of course, tips both ways. There are buses as well, but we like starting our vacation this way. We used DannyBoyCabo http://www.dannyboycabo.com/

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score

Aside from what you described, were there any other issues with the 4 BR in the main tower?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aside from what you described, were there any other issues with the 4 BR in the main tower?
No it was a really nice unit. The one thing to be aware of is that they had definitely graded lots for homes just below the tower so there will probably be some construction noise for the foreseeable future. We are going back next year - so it obviously didn't bother us.

One thing that was really nice was the main balcony with the plunge pool. There was a table with 4 chairs, and four additional chairs and ottomans, but I think that we may have moved two from the private balcony off of the master. There was also a nice built in BBQ. Additionally all of the units in the tower face east so by midday you are in the shade. It is a great place to hang out to get out of the sun.