• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vista encantada

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed there soon and really looking forward to it. We have the 4 bedroom penthouse unit!! So excited.

Were masks required at the resort? I think I read that masks have to be worn indoors. No issue to do that - just want to know.

Hope you had a great time!!
I am at vista encantada if anyone has question about the resort

KT

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Following…..We have an exchange to Vista Encantada in late October, and trying to determine if we should keep it.

How is the construction of the new residences next to the resort? TripAdvisor had a mention or two about view and noise. We have been to two Mexican resorts while active major construction is occurring, and we have decided not to do that anymore. Hammering is one thing; jack hammer, saws, and earth movers are another.

Thanks for any insight.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I even knew about construction going on. I’ll make sure I post here about our trip and will let you know about any construction noise.

Following…..We have an exchange to Vista Encantada in late October, and trying to determine if we should keep it.

How is the construction of the new residences next to the resort? TripAdvisor had a mention or two about view and noise. We have been to two Mexican resorts while active major construction is occurring, and we have decided not to do that anymore. Hammering is one thing; jack hammer, saws, and earth movers are another.

Thanks for any insight.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We are going in Oct (also a 4 bed unit) and this is the first thatt I have heard about construction. Please, no. o_O (Of course we have invited family and everyone has already bought airfare).

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course! Ugh!! Hopefully it will be ok.

We are going in Oct (also a 4 bed unit) and this is the first thatt I have heard about construction. Please, no. o_O (Of course we have invited family and everyone has already bought airfare).

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed there soon and really looking forward to it. We have the 4 bedroom penthouse unit!! So excited.

Were masks required at the resort? I think I read that masks have to be worn indoors. No issue to do that - just want to know.

Hope you had a great time!!

They don't require masks anywhere. We had a 4 bedroom and they offered us an upgrade for $700 dollars for the week, to a 4 bedroom villas in the residences. Both were very nice but the regular room you could view the construction activity so we opted for the villa.

KT

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for any insight.

While we were there you could see the construction from the views but didn't notice any sounds/noises that affected us while there
KT

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score

We enjoyed it and the construction didn't really bother us. I would not go for the all inclusive (which we did). but if you eat at the restaurants without it things can get very expensive.

KT

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I thought the 4 bedrooms were only in the residences. Apparently not. Dang it. I really don't want to lay out $700 but may have to. Did the 4 bedroom you orignally had have it's own plunge pool?

They don't require masks anywhere. We had a 4 bedroom and they offered us an upgrade for $700 dollars for the week, to a 4 bedroom villas in the residences. Both were very nice but the regular room you could view the construction activity so we opted for the villa.

KT

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll skip the all-inclusive. Not sure that we'll have a lot of meals in the restaurant there. We are going to do the Stargazing dinner on the beach for $140 pp though. That will be wonderful, I'm sure.

We enjoyed it and the construction didn't really bother us. I would not go for the all inclusive (which we did). but if you eat at the restaurants without it things can get very expensive.

KT

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned late last night from our trip to Vista Encantada and all I can say is OMG!! That place is amazing and we loved every minute of our stay there. I'll post more in the next few days with some specifics but right now I will say this is absolutely, without-a-doubt, the best vacation we have ever had. I have NEVER been tempted to buy a week at a Mexican timeshare but considered it this time. We didn't and we didn't even do a presentation but I honestly thought about it.

Those thoughts were most likely brought on by the fact that we upgraded to a unit in the Residences and that place was beyond amazing - absolutely perfect in every way. I know a few people here on TUG are headed there in the next few months and I would encourage you to upgrade to the Residences if possible. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Vistas (they are beautiful as well) but the Residences are in a class all by themselves. @klpca, I know you said you have a 4 bedroom unit. I would encourage you to correspond with your concierge when they contact you and tell them you would be interested in an upgrade into the Residences (if you don't mind paying a little extra) if at all possible. Ask them if you can get Residence 1520. You will NOT regret it - I promise you.

Again, I'll write more later but I just want to tell anyone who is considering staying there that you won't be sorry. The resort, the staff, the restaurants - everything just absolutely impeccable. I can't wait to go back!

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe there are only two (2) 4 bedrooms in the whole resort. One is in the Vistas and one is in The Residences. At least that was my understanding when we were there this past week. The one in the Vistas is a two story unit while the one in The Residences is single story (which is what we had and OMG! Just perfect!). I'm going to make a separate post and put a few pictures up so watch for that.

Does anyone have links to the regular 4 bedroom at Vista Encantanda vs the 4 Bedroom at Vista Encantanda Residence? We got an II exchange and I was under the impression that we could onlybget this:

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, here I go. Going to try to describe exactly what we just experienced at our stay at Vista Encantada. Not sure I can really capture the true beauty of it. I'm going to basically cover the Residence we stayed in because everyone can take a look at their website and see the general surroundings of the resort. We hadn't been to Cabo in almost 25 years. I can't believe the many, many changes that have occured and I would have no qualms about living there.

We arrived at the resort at about 7:00 p.m. Long day of traveling for sure but we took a later flight than we normally do so we could meet up with my daughter and her friends in DFW and travel the final leg together. We took a private limousine from the airport ($190) and worth every penny. We got to the resort and check in was pretty easy over all. They offered us a "welcome margarita" which in the end wasn't really a "welcome drink" because when we looked at our final bill we saw they charged us for it. LoL I did not care - that's how great of a time we had. Based on a comment by @Keep Traveling I had requested in advance an upgrade to The Residences if possible, knowing we would have to pay for it. During check in, our guest host consulted with a supervisor and they offered us an upgrade into the 4 bedroom in The Residences at the price of $120.00 per night. Again, I didn't care - I paid it gladly because I loved the idea of being on that side of the resort. I could NEVER have imagined just how nice it would be. We finished up checking in and they handed us off to another guest host who of course was going to try and get us to sign up for a presentation. I cut her off nicely, told her we weren't interested at all, she handed us a folder with some info, and let us go.

From the moment we stepped onto that property, the service was impeccable - beyond any reproach. After we had registered, the driver loaded our luggage and all of us on a cart and took us to our unit. On the way, he asked if we had ever been there before and when we said "No," he said, "You are going to be amazed at your residence. The absolute best one on the property." He wasn't kidding. We drove up and I couldn't believe my eyes. He opened the door for us and it got even better. This unit was stunning with a hacienda presence mixed with just a bit of modern. Four bedrooms, two on each side of the unit, all with their own private bathroom. There were two master suites, each with a luxury soaking tub, one of them being outside along with an outdoor shower. Both of those units had a panel of sliding doors that allowed you to exit outside to the pool area. The kitchen had every covenience, there was a dining room with a huge table/chairs, laundry room, guest bath that actually had a shower as well. But, literally the absolute best part of that unit was right outside in the back yard was a full swimming pool, hot tub, firepit, and outdoor kitchen complete with a grill, all with an ocean view. I can't even describe the beauty of that area - it took my breath away. We practically LIVED out there the whole week.

In addition to that, we had daily maid service, daily pool cleaning service, daily pool towel pickup and replacement, and believe it or not, a butler. Now, not in the sense you would think - they weren't in the house with us. But, they call them butlers and that young man, Guillermo was at our beck and call if we needed him to be. He would take care of anything we needed (he could get us dinner reservations at a restaurant that was completely booked, transportation ordered, etc.) but we really didn't utilize him that much. But, he came to our unit every day, checking on us, asking what he could do for us. We just didn't need him to do very much. We spent more time talking to him than anything else and really became friends with him. When we left yesterday, he solemnly shook my husband's hand and thanked him for being so kind. Then he looked at me and asked if he could hug me. He kind of choked up when saying "Good-bye" and I actually cried myself. He told us he wanted us to come back soon and that we had his number so we should call him and he would make sure he was our butler again in the future. I'm not sure how that bond formed so quick but damn that was hard leaving that young man behind. Just a note: The Residence unit we were in is the only one that comes with a butler. How lucky were we?

Every member of the staff there was just exceptional on every level. Our cart drivers took us all over the property, showing us things of interest, advising us about restaurants, etc. Anything we needed they were there. But, more than anything they were just incredibly kind and gracious - unlike anything I've ever witnessed amongst all our travels.

Our pre-arrival concierge had arranged an ATV tour, luxury catamaran tour, and a special rooftop stargazing dinner for us before we arrived. She worked so hard to get everything together for us and she made sure she was in the lobby to greet us. That rooftop dinner was incredible, too. No one else was up there, they'd hung up a "Happy Birthday" sign for us because we were celebrating 3 birthdays on the trip, and the dinner was excellent with a attentive, happy, pleasant staff attending to our every need.

I honestly just can't describe or convey how magnificent the resort was. I haven't been that relaxed in close to 15 years. I didn't want to come home and that is very rare for me. Normally, by the last day I'm thinking about heading home and anxious to get there. This time I was trying to figure out how we could stay - permanently. I'm not kidding. We just bought a new house here and I told my husband we may very well sell it next year (depending on how the market and everything else is, of course) and move to Cabo - at least for part of the year. THAT is how much I loved the area.

I'm going to try to load up some pictures. All of them are from our unit. I can't post them all but these will give you an idea of just how beautiful it was. I absolutely cannot wait to go back and I rarely say that about anywhere we've been.
VEDeck.JPG
VEDR.JPG
VEEntry.JPG
VEFire.JPG
VEFront.JPG
VELR.JPG
VEMS.JPG
VEMSBA.JPG
VEMSODR.JPG
VEODTub.JPG
VEP2.JPG
VEpool.JPG
VERes.JPG
MS2.JPG
VEK.JPG
VEG.JPG
VEE.JPG

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Wow. Is this part of Hacienda Encantada ?

Bill

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
@JanT, you’re a seasoned traveler and a long time trusted TUG member. Thanks for your great and heartfelt review! Makes me wish we could’ve made one of those Interval trades work for us! Those 4BR Residence units looked amazing, but the timing wasn’t right for us. Now I REALLY want to go!

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
@PamMo thank you for such a sweet comment. I try to be helpful when I can! That 4BR Residence unit was absolutely amazing. The other Residence units are very nice as well and I wouldn't hesitate to stay in one of them. They just didn't come with quite the privacy and beauty of the particular unit we had. Can't wait to get back there! Hopefully, you can work it out where you can go because you will really enjoy it.

@JanT, you’re a seasoned traveler and a long time trusted TUG member. Thanks for your great and heartfelt review! Makes me wish we could’ve made one of those Interval trades work for us! Those 4BR Residence units looked amazing, but the timing wasn’t right for us. Now I REALLY want to go!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
@klpca and @dmbrand, did you end up going to Vista Encantada and are you back yet? What kind of review would you give the resort? I finally found a 4BR week that will work for all my sisters to get together. Their favorite timeshare trip was to Grand Luxxe Residences @ Nuevo Vallarta in a 4BR, where we loved sharing one big beautiful suite! I'm hoping we'll be able to get into a suite as nice as the one @JanT had at Vista Encantada!

Last edited:

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
No, we had a change of plans, and are in Loreto now. Vista is still in my sights for the future, though.

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked in on Saturday, Oct 29 into a 3 bedroom unit. Here until Nov 5 if any questions. Went down to the marina for dinner and people watch on Hallowe'en. Parked at the sister resort just steps off the marina - valet parking too! Ate first night at Wachinango's, second night at Salvatore G's. Excellent meals both nights.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Checked in on Saturday, Oct 29 into a 3 bedroom unit. Here until Nov 5 if any questions. Went down to the marina for dinner and people watch on Hallowe'en. Parked at the sister resort just steps off the marina - valet parking too! Ate first night at Wachinango's, second night at Salvatore G's. Excellent meals both nights.

Are you staying in the Residences or the main section of the resort? We are considering en exchange into a 1BR, which I assume is in the main section rather than the Residences, but I am not sure of that. Curious what the main section is like.

Thanks.

Mike

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike, yes the 1 BR would be in the main section. The resort is absolutely beautiful. I don’t think you would be disappointed at all. It’s beautiful and peaceful!
Are you staying in the Residences or the main section of the resort? We are considering en exchange into a 1BR, which I assume is in the main section rather than the Residences, but I am not sure of that. Curious what the main section is like.

Thanks.

Mike

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks. Is AI mandatory or optional?