• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Visiting Oahu as unvaccinated traveler

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would request a high floor and an ocean view. You may not have much priority for the request, so it's best not to get too specific.

Last edited:

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Yes we heard about the restaurant cluster but we thought it would be a high end food court. What you describe is interesting. I don't know if you know that in the space where the Wailana Coffee House was right across the street on Ena there are plans in the works for ABC country market similar to the one that is in the Ritz-Carlton on Kuhio. We are excited about the development in our neighborhood.
I was not aware of that, but it will be nice if they clean that up and put something like that in there.

I was told that the owner of the commercial space below Canterbury gets upset if his concept is referred to as a “food court.” Guess we’ll see.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I was not aware of that, but it will be nice if they clean that up and put something like that in there.

I was told that the owner of the commercial space below Canterbury gets upset if his concept is referred to as a “food court.” Guess we’ll see.

We have been trying to get someone to rent the space since the Coffee House Closed a couple of years ago. Longs was looking at it for about a year and then begged out. The locations for both enterprises are great since they cater well to tourist needs and desires and they provide variety and will be less expensive than the Hilton Hawaiian Village eating places.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
I decided to cancel our trip and got a vaccine today. I got J&J and via e trade changed it to October 17-24 in Marriott Ko Olina. I was so fortunate and got 2 bedroom ocean view. I called resort and they told me that for II they only guarantee size and not a view, so they do not know what view I would get till morning of the check in. Is it about right? Also can you help me what building to request in terms of which one would have more changes to get an ocean view one. Thank you.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
Thank you for getting vaccinated, @travelove. In all seriousness, thank you.
Thank you. I already did travel covid test just a few days ago and everything was packed and all my friends think I'm on Hawaii now as we cancelled the night before the trip:)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Will just miss you as we are leaving on Oct 17 for a week in Los Angeles. A hotel room using all those $125 credit card nights saves on rooms costing $350 plus a night if I had to pay cash.

I take it you got a 2 entrance OV? Ask for high floor Moana for the best chance of a nice OV. Kona you could get a room facing valet or industrial port. If you got a dedicated 2br you will be in Naia only. So ask for high floor also.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk