• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Visiting BeachPlace in Ft. Laud without ressie?

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey owners and experts,

I've stayed at BeachPlace but hubby has never seen it. We'll be in Ft. Laud this Sunday, and I'm thinking of zipping over to BeachPlace for a peek inside with DH. Possible or not, if one is not actually staying there? It would be nice to show him a villa of course, but if not, I'd just like him to see the lay of the land. Any tips on "sneak and peek" techniques? TIA!

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can get a "Day Pass" if you are an Owner. A quick call to BPT wld confirm this & then you are all set! I have never used a "Day Pass" but I have heard that it is a simple matter of asking for one @ the front desk. Show them your Membership Card & that's it! :cool:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
smoothair said:
You can get a "Day Pass" if you are an Owner. A quick call to BPT wld confirm this & then you are all set! I have never used a "Day Pass" but I have heard that it is a simple matter of asking for one @ the front desk. Show them your Membership Card & that's it! :cool:

I'm not an owner at BeachPlace. I own at other MVCI resorts. What to do? Will they still allow me a day pass if I'm not an owner at that specific property? :confused:

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Press button at elevator. Tell them you are a Marriott Owner, and would like to come up. They will buzz to let you in. Actually, the guests coming in off the beach will probably let you in.

If you come late, the elevators off the parking lot will only stop at the lobby....and you may need to change elevators to continue.

You can ask for Al.....but I don't think he works on Sunday.

Best way....park one block south in public parking directly across the street from the Silver Sea and Merriweather Timeshare ($1.00 per hour) right off A1A S. (Note the Cafe Casablanca....you will park just S of that restaurant. You can park in the Casablanca Lot...(all the way to the end of Alhambra...if you tell them you are eating lunch, its $3.00 the day...otherwise, if busy, they will not let you park.

{Also, there should be plenty of parking in the Fort Lauderale Public Yacht Dockage....where you got on the water taxi at the Beach Place stop} Thats behind MBP on the Intracoastal side.

I say to avoid the MBP lot because you will probably be charged $12.00 a day...period.

Once parked, walk to the beach front.....its much easier to cross A1A by Alhambra, then walk past the Silver Seas, and the St Regis, go up the MBP front stairs, and walk to the parking on level one or level 3 (Level 2 may be closed off). (You are really already 4 or 5 levels up). You will see the elevators plainly marked MVCI, and if not open, ring the bell.

It is a very lot of construction going on. So...be careful.

Casablanca will not have the one free lunch with one on Sunday...just weekdays. But I think I saw coupons for Cheeburger Cheeburger, and Sloppy Joes of Key West. on the internet sites. We don't like Hooters too much, or Sally O'Brians....but Maxs Grille is good...even if they don't have their $3.99 lunch special...(They had a sign in the Weston one when we went to the Clinic.)

If the sales office is open (I don't think it is selling anything)....you might get help to show. But I think asking Al, the conceriage (sp) is best....he is super helpful.

I don't think there will be any villas open. They used to have one on the top floor, on the other side of the owners lounge....it was a model...but I think its not used as a model anymore.

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ken,

Thank you...that is so much detail, and very helpful. Funny you should mention Casablanca, as I love that dining spot. In fact I checked on the Dining for Miles site to see if they're still included in that program (that's how I discovered the Casablanca a few years ago). Alas, no more miles for dining there. But I'm betting it's still a nice spot for lunch. Btw, Sally O'Briens and Sloppy Joes in BeachPlace are both good for miles with registered credit cards. Thought you might like to know!

Thanks again, Ken,

Carol C.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Casablanca Cafe & Cheeburger Cheeburger

Hi Ken,

If you're talking about the Cheeburger Cheeburger restaurant on Las Olas Blvd -
you probably know that they closed that location a few months ago. Other local locations are a bit west - in the Fashion Mall at University Drive & Broward Blvd
and also in Weston Town Center.

I just had lunch for the first time at Casablanca Cafe about a month ago. Great spot - good food & the two-for-one lunch deal was fantastic.

You're probably also aware that the future of the Water Taxi as we know it now is clouded. The Water Taxi owner and the Broward County Commissioners are in contentious negotiations about it's future. Government subsidies to Water Taxi will either be eliminated or severely curtailed. Many Commissioners are not happy with the huge salaries the owner & his wife get
- I think it's $250,000 apiece - and they're not happy to continue subsidizing what the owner claims is a money-losing business proposition, despite an annual ridership of about 700,000 and a small increase in ridership fees. The owner has been threatening to either close the Water Taxi Service completely or to sharply curtail the number and frequency of service runs. So there is uncertainty on how this will play out. Stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Richard

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well my dancecard is getting so full up I may not even make it to Marriott. Besides our King Tut visit, I just found out there's a blues festival at Riverwalk. We'll be zipping around, but it will be fun! Then on to Miami, where we'll actually be staying. Gettin' out of the cold and rain...can't wait! :cool: