• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Virus is not my biggest concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
FWIW: It is likely an infrequent occurrence that George Carlin is discussed on TUG but this thread reminds me about some of his observations about race.

On a point more in line with this thread, having grown up in Michigan I'll offer these two perspectives:
1) Concurrent with the rise of Detroit, far too many resources in the state became attached at the hip to the auto industry. People hear this all the time but for those of us who lived in Michigan, we were aware of how far (geographically) Detroit's influence spread across such a considerable amount of area in the bottom half of the LP. So much of the industry in smaller towns within a 2 hour drive of Detroit worked hand in hand with the auto industry (mainly as parts suppliers) and as Detroit fell, a lot of small (and smaller) towns and cities in Michigan crumbled too.
2) Similar to California, there is a significant divide within Michigan. As Detroit continued to become a black hole (more and more state money thrown in that direction), a lot of very deserved anger festered in the rest of the state (whose needs were increasingly ignored while trying to save Detroit). The genesis of 'Two Michigans' started and took firm root as this played out.

For years, Michigan has been example A illustrating the need for business diversification. It has also become a more recent example of why some cities should be allowed to fail in the hope that people leave an area and transfer their skills to other industries. Simply because an entity is big does not mean it should be protected from failure due to that entity's short sightedness.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
** Let me preface my post that my comments are not some sort of political signal - they are not. Just my deeply held beliefs **

My biggest fear is loss of freedoms that we are granted by living here in the US. And when I say freedoms - I mean all freedoms given to us by our constitution, not any one particular thing.

I absolutely love America and everything it stands for. Sure, sounds hokey and sentimental, but it's the truth. I feel that many of the executive orders are dangerously taking away many of the things that make America, well "America".

I'm someone who truly values independence, autonomy, the ability to control my own destiny, etc and I feel that much of what we are seeing right now is removing away much of that.

Yes - my favorite holiday of the year is 4th of July (not Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving). I truly love pausing each year to reflect on how grateful I am to have been born here and to live in a society where man can be left alone as he sees fit.

geekette

Reaction score
** Let me preface my post that my comments are not some sort of political signal - they are not. Just my deeply held beliefs **

My biggest fear is loss of freedoms that we are granted by living here in the US. And when I say freedoms - I mean all freedoms given to us by our constitution, not any one particular thing.

I absolutely love America and everything it stands for. Sure, sounds hokey and sentimental, but it's the truth. I feel that many of the executive orders are dangerously taking away many of the things that make America, well "America".

I'm someone who truly values independence, autonomy, the ability to control my own destiny, etc and I feel that much of what we are seeing right now is removing away much of that.

Yes - my favorite holiday of the year is 4th of July (not Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving). I truly love pausing each year to reflect on how grateful I am to have been born here and to live in a society where man can be left alone as he sees fit.
This is clearly political.

I would simply say that nothing is being "taken away". We are simply On Pause in order that All Of Us (left) may enjoy LIFE, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness when we get through this. There is no law saying no more seed buying ever. Doesn't Exist. No rights have been removed. All of these "guidelines" are for voluntary compliance. Very few fines or citations. Did protestors get thrown in the clink? No. Their public disobedience was not punished, but it will certainly result in punishment by death of the previously healthy.

You certainly have the right to infect your grandmother to her death. I'm not sure she would feel that her rights were being respected, however.

Further, none of us are "locked down", a phrase that simply does not apply here. Nobody is prevented from leaving their homes or buying essentials. This is a public health matter. Nobody is asking you for your papers if you go to the grocery. Nobody demands that you return to your home if it seems you have been walking your dog too much.

What rights do you no longer have?? What items have been stricken from the Bill of Rights?

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is clearly political.

I would simply say that nothing is being "taken away". We are simply On Pause in order that All Of Us (left) may enjoy LIFE, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness when we get through this. There is no law saying no more seed buying ever. Doesn't Exist. No rights have been removed. All of these "guidelines" are for voluntary compliance. Very few fines or citations. Did protestors get thrown in the clink? No. Their public disobedience was not punished, but it will certainly result in punishment by death of the previously healthy.

You certainly have the right to infect your grandmother to her death. I'm not sure she would feel that her rights were being respected, however.

Further, none of us are "locked down", a phrase that simply does not apply here. Nobody is prevented from leaving their homes or buying essentials. This is a public health matter. Nobody is asking you for your papers if you go to the grocery. Nobody demands that you return to your home if it seems you have been walking your dog too much.

What rights do you no longer have?? What items have been stricken from the Bill of Rights?
Well, that didn't take long. I was counting the minutes before the "You don't care about grandma" comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.