• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIP Exclusive All Inclusive Deal Through 6/30/2021

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Got an email with the latest VIP exclusive deal, all inclusive stays through RCI. Details are below, from the Wyndham site. As a VIPG, with a June 30 deadline and a 6-month booking window, this would equate to a week stay in the fall for 850K points that covers the all inclusive fees plus the very likely quiet or value season, which would make the all inclusive cost for 2 adults 724K points or ~$3,250 using my Bali Hai costs, discounting the 2 BR point cost in the value season to be generous, and ignoring the RCI exchange fee. I usually don't even bother looking up the all inclusive fees through RCI because of the high cost, but was interested to see what it would work out to - I don't think my liver would survive consuming enough drinks for a week to get my money's worth out of $230/day ($375/day for CWA)!

FOUNDERS & PLATINUM OWNERS
12-Month Travel Window
Use your Club Wyndham points to vacation at an RCI All-Inclusive Resort.
Your points cover accomodations and all-inclusive fees for two adults.
Book before June 30, 2021
GOLD, SILVER, & BRONZE OWNERS
6-Month Travel Window
Use your Club Wyndham points to vacation at an RCI All-Inclusive Resort.
Your points cover accomodations and all-inclusive fees for two adults.
Book before June 30, 2021​

LENGTH OF STAYCLUB WYNDHAM POINTS
7 Nights850,000
4 to 7 Nights500,000
4 Nights350,000

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Not what I would do, but if you are sitting on a mountain of points it is at least an alternate usage.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It isn't all about the alcohol. I think the prices are high in points too but just consider, you take the Catamaran out for an hour every day ($50) after having a buffet breakfast with a nice omelet station ($30). You have lunch with a beer at the pool hut- jerk chicken and fries ($20). You try the rock climbing wall or go borrow the snorkeling equipment ($10) You have a single fruity frozen drink at happy hour down on the beach that the waiter brings to you ($8) You have dinner splitting an appetizer and slitting a desert because you don't want to overdo it with food and a glass of wine ($45). That is about $160 per person -double it for 2 $320. You only had 1 beer with lunch, 1 glass of wine with dinner, and 1 cocktail or fruity frozen drink (you could skip the alcohol).

The prices are high but those are the kind of prices or higher charged at Caribbean hotels that cater to at least a 40% american crowd. A lot of people don't want to have to run to the grocery store. And AI's aren't really for the kind of vacation where you want to spend most of your time off site exploring.

Problem I would have with this type of AI is there wouldn't be enough meal choices for a week. Probably a single place for breakfast. A single place for lunch plus pool grill and one buffet and one sit down place for dinner. For a 4 night getaway it might not be bad if you could get a cheap convenient flight.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It isn't all about the alcohol. I think the prices are high in points too but just consider, you take the Catamaran out for an hour every day ($50) after having a buffet breakfast with a nice omelet station ($30). You have lunch with a beer at the pool hut- jerk chicken and fries ($20). You try the rock climbing wall or go borrow the snorkeling equipment ($10) You have a single fruity frozen drink at happy hour down on the beach that the waiter brings to you ($8) You have dinner splitting an appetizer and slitting a desert because you don't want to overdo it with food and a glass of wine ($45). That is about $160 per person -double it for 2 $320. You only had 1 beer with lunch, 1 glass of wine with dinner, and 1 cocktail or fruity frozen drink (you could skip the alcohol).

The prices are high but those are the kind of prices or higher charged at Caribbean hotels that cater to at least a 40% american crowd. A lot of people don't want to have to run to the grocery store. And AI's aren't really for the kind of vacation where you want to spend most of your time off site exploring.

Problem I would have with this type of AI is there wouldn't be enough meal choices for a week. Probably a single place for breakfast. A single place for lunch plus pool grill and one buffet and one sit down place for dinner. For a 4 night getaway it might not be bad if you could get a cheap convenient flight.

Good point about the rentals, etc., in place of the drinking; my liver thanks you. Still not all that interested, although as you say a shorter 4-night trip might be decent; I wonder if that would be 350K or 500K....

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's a good deal - and especially good if you have a lot of unused points to burn due to travel restrictions this past year. We were at the Hard Rock Los Cabos in late January. Beautiful resort. Alas due to covid they did have reduced restaurant availability but I believe that they have since been able to expand occupancy so that might have led them to keep more places open. Food was great, beverages were excellent, we definitely didn't split anything nor did we hesitate to make special requests - and we had a little more than one fruity frozen drink lol. Beer and wine were right in the room and we just had to call if we wanted any other adult libations. The location was beautiful in a different way - unusual to us since we are more familiar with the Caribbean side. We loved watching the whales from our balcony. Entertainment is usually good but again, due to Covid, they had a reduced schedule. I would book this in a heartbeat if they offered more choices. We love the Hard Rock Riviera Maya and Moon Palace. We'd love to try Unico which is associated somehow with Hard Rock. Los Cabos was just too hard of a trip for us from Western PA, no good flight options. But anyway, if you look on the travel sites you can see that your cost with this option is on a par with what it would be to book through them. You can usually get a better deal if you know a Hard Rock or Palace member. The older we get, the more we like the AIs.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I haven't looked to see what AI options are available for this offer, but if they have the AMResorts like Dreams & Secrets which usually are in RCI then you have a lot more restaurant choices in my experience. We just spent a week at Secrets Cap Cana in November (got an exceptional deal booking at the height of the shutdowns back in April).

For breakfast and lunch each day there were two sit down restaurant options plus the buffet and poolside/beach service from the grill for lunch as well. For dinner there were 6 different restaurants to choose from every night. (French, Mexican, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Asian) You could also order room service 24 hours a day. We stayed 7 nights and never ate dinner at the same restaurant twice.