• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villas Loma Linda, Puerto Vallarta INTERNET

Timesharemogul

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've just confirmed the 1st wek of February '09 there thru II which runs consecutively after a week I'd previously confirmed to Lindo Mar thru RCI. Having read the confirmation papers and TUGGERS' reviews, I questioned those reviewers who had valid e-mail addresses about internet access at VLL. The two reviewers hadn't been there in many years so I'm hoping that someone else has been to VLL in Puerto Vallarta this decade and could recall if the resort is hooked up for wireless internet access?
I know it has no telephones or television and that's fine but find i very difficult to be without my laptop!!!
And at Lindo Mar during the last week of January '09, there's supposed to be internet access in the lobby on a shared computer. Has this been expanded to the units?
Thanks for any new 411 on internet access at these two PV resorts!
Brian

thomas660

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to be at Villas Loma Linda for a week starting Nov. 8. I have been told by management that we will have wireless internet access in our room. I'll let you know when we get back if in fact we do. Tom

Timesharemogul

TUG Member
Reaction score
VLL does have internet

I e-mailed VLL with my questions and thety confirmed that there is wireless internet available- $15 US per week. I also learned that "daily maid service" is not an option- it is mandatory and costs US $80 payable at check-in withUS or Mexican currency only (no checks or credit cards!!!) VLL mamagement sent me a letter advising that a $50 security deposit is payable at check-in, and recommends tipping each maid $3 per day, and tipping the two managers $20 apiece per week!!!
As good of a location and as awesome a design as VLL might be, I can begin to see why it is NOT rated 5 star nor has it had any spectacular TUG reviews.
Let me see, at check-in, I will be expected to leave a $50 cash deposit, pay $80 for maid service, and $15 for the use of internet. That's $145 cash at check-in of which $50 is refundable. And then they expect me to leave $61 in tips at the end of the week!!!:hysterical:
ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Timesharemogul

TUG Member
Reaction score
VLL does have internet

I e-mailed VLL with my questions and they confirmed that there is wireless internet available- $15 US per week. I also learned that "daily maid service" is not an option- it is mandatory and costs US $80 payable at check-in withUS or Mexican currency only (no checks or credit cards!!!) VLL mamagement sent me a letter advising that a $50 security deposit is payable at check-in, and recommends tipping each maid $3 per day, and tipping the two managers $20 apiece per week!!!
As good of a location and as awesome a design as VLL might be, I can begin to see why it is NOT rated 5 star nor has it had any spectacular TUG reviews.
Let me see, at check-in, I will be expected to leave a $50 cash deposit, pay $80 for maid service, and $15 for the use of internet. That's $145 cash at check-in of which $50 is refundable. And then they expect me to leave $61 in tips at the end of the week!!!:hysterical:

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I e-mailed VLL with my questions and they confirmed that there is wireless internet available- $15 US per week. I also learned that "daily maid service" is not an option- it is mandatory and costs US $80 payable at check-in withUS or Mexican currency only (no checks or credit cards!!!) VLL mamagement sent me a letter advising that a $50 security deposit is payable at check-in, and recommends tipping each maid $3 per day, and tipping the two managers $20 apiece per week!!!

Are you serious??? You have to pay for maid service in Mexico and then tip on top of that......I'll cross this one off my list. I never heard of this in Mexico!! Plus the nerve a $20. tip to the two managers.....

This must be a joke right????:hysterical:

Timesharemogul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not joking

No Pammex, not joking at all- totally serious.... I received a three-page form letter that was mailed to me as a newly confirmed exchanger explaining what I should and should not expect at the resort (namely I should NOT expect air conditioning in a 2-br unit,nor television nor phones... But I knew this from the I.I. description.) The shocker is the mandatory $80 maid service fee and the brazen solicitation of gratuities: Quoting directly from the form letter- "Our club hosts, Juan and Jose, are available to you everyday from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. Our club hosts and housekeeping staff work very hard to make your stay an exceptional experience and they rely on your generosity for a significant portion of their income. It is customary to tip your club hosts $20 per week per host and your housekeeping staff $3 per day. They truly do appreciate your kindness."

Last edited:

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
computers at Lindo Mar

"And at Lindo Mar during the last week of January '09, there's supposed to be internet access in the lobby on a shared computer. Has this been expanded to the units?"

We just returned from Lindo Mar last night. There is wifi in the lobby and the pool area. For a fee (I think $20 per week), they give you a password. If you have a laptop, you can use it in either place. They also have a shared computer in the lobby.

We stayed on the 3rd floor above the pool and could get the signal from our room. We had to rest the computer on the balcony railing, but it worked.

Have a great trip!

thomas660

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from PV and Villas Loma Linda. They do have internet but it is not available in all units. We were in "A" building and it was not available in our unit, but it was available in the lobby area just a few steps from our unit. The charge was $15 for the week. There was a required $50 deposit at check-in which was returned at check-out, minus the $15 for the internet. There were no other mandatory charges or suggested tips for staff.

We loved the place. This was our first stay after buying a week on ebay last year. It is very traditional Mexican with none of the typical beach resort amenities. The 2 bedroom units are very large with many folding doors (we left them open all the time). It is close to town and the beach (10 min. walk), but a long steep climb back up (or 40/50 pesos for a taxi). Juan and Jose at the front desk were great, as were all the rest of the staff.

I would strongly recommend exchanging dollars for pesos at a bank soon after you get to PV. With the exchange rate fluctuating as much as it has, most of the local establishments are still using a 10 peso to 1 dollar rate. The bank will probably be closer to 13/1, depending upon what happens between now and the time of your trip.

But don't sweat the details, just have a great time in Puerto Vallarta. Tom

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from PV and Villas Loma Linda. They do have internet but it is not available in all units. We were in "A" building and it was not available in our unit, but it was available in the lobby area just a few steps from our unit. The charge was $15 for the week. There was a required $50 deposit at check-in which was returned at check-out, minus the $15 for the internet. There were no other mandatory charges or suggested tips for staff.

We loved the place. This was our first stay after buying a week on ebay last year. It is very traditional Mexican with none of the typical beach resort amenities. The 2 bedroom units are very large with many folding doors (we left them open all the time). It is close to town and the beach (10 min. walk), but a long steep climb back up (or 40/50 pesos for a taxi). Juan and Jose at the front desk were great, as were all the rest of the staff.

I would strongly recommend exchanging dollars for pesos at a bank soon after you get to PV. With the exchange rate fluctuating as much as it has, most of the local establishments are still using a 10 peso to 1 dollar rate. The bank will probably be closer to 13/1, depending upon what happens between now and the time of your trip.

Traditional Mexican I like, but do not think it is very traditional Mexican to require a set tip ( propina ) to concierges. Nor to charge for maid service.

I am sure it is a lovely resort but this mandantory stuff would definately turn me off.....you probably would tip anyway but when it is put in this way it is nervy in my opinion. I have stayed a lot of places in Mexicoand never experienced this......anyway if you are already booked, at least you know ahead of time, so just go with the flow I guess. Will be looking forward to seeing your review when you return.

I would also agree with above poster to change your dollars outside of hotel/resort. Bank, ATM, even cambio better exchange rates.

Timesharemogul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tom,
I suspect that the letter I received as an exchanger concerning the extra fees is only sent to exchangers....as an owner you are probably not subject to the $80 weekly housekeeping fee. If building A doesn't have wireless internet, which buildings that have 2-bedroom units DO HAVE IT? And do certain buildings have a less desireable view?
I've written a complaint to I.I.'s customer service but fear that there's little that they will do, even though they didn't disclose the extra fees in the confirmation nor on their website.
Thanks for the info!