• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Village of Winnipesaukee

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
Hi All. Has anyone ever stayed at Village of Winnepesaukee recently. We had an exchange booked at Cedar Lodge at Brickyard Mountain 5/23/21 but the exchange company (DAE) just called and said that Cedar Lodge is no longer a timeshare. The TUG reviews are poor for Village of Winnepesaukee. I tried looking for reviews on Trip Advisor but they have none. We're not looking for anything fancy, just a clean comfortable place to stay. We spend most of our time out of the room during the day but do tend to eat dinner and breakfast there. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff C

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I have not been there recently. My parents exchanged in there twice back in our early years in New England. It has loads of stairs, so if that's a problem, this is not somewhere you'd want to go. The location in Weir's Beach is nice, though. I remember it being just okay...not a place that we'd look to swap into if we had other choices, but not a place to necessarily avoid either. The kitchen was small, but workable. I would think as long as you aren't expecting a "resort," you'll be just fine. :) If you have access to RCI, I can see other availability at nearby resorts. I hope you can find something you'll enjoy!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have been there twice. First time was great, 4 th of July week. Nice place but lots of stairs . I wrote a couple of reviews. Second Visit was awful. There was a drought and Lake was full of bacteria. Most restaurants were closed.
Probably will be nice next May. Read my reviews then decide for yourself.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for your replies. I did read the reviews, the low number rating made me leery. The exchange is thru DAE, so the alternatives were limited. I reached out to another Tugger who stayed there last week and decided to keep the week. We're not concerned about the lack of amenities, we usually spend most of the day exploring no matter where we stay. The stairs won't be an issue for us. My original exchange was into Cedar Lodge for the same week. A DAE rep called and said they had to cancel because Cedar Lodge was no longer a timeshare. I asked the rep, what happened to the owner who deposited the week? She said that she had no idea how that would work. I did do a Google search on Cedar Lodge and it appears there is a new ownership/management there. The reviews for the new mgt are terrible. I just don't understand how a timeshare could be taken over and the owners intervals taken back so quickly. I would think the existing owners would have to offered some kind of buy out before losing their use. Maybe the unit I booked was HOA owned, so they decided to keep for themselves to rent.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks for your replies. I did read the reviews, the low number rating made me leery. The exchange is thru DAE, so the alternatives were limited. I reached out to another Tugger who stayed there last week and decided to keep the week. We're not concerned about the lack of amenities, we usually spend most of the day exploring no matter where we stay. The stairs won't be an issue for us. My original exchange was into Cedar Lodge for the same week. A DAE rep called and said they had to cancel because Cedar Lodge was no longer a timeshare. I asked the rep, what happened to the owner who deposited the week? She said that she had no idea how that would work. I did do a Google search on Cedar Lodge and it appears there is a new ownership/management there. The reviews for the new mgt are terrible. I just don't understand how a timeshare could be taken over and the owners intervals taken back so quickly. I would think the existing owners would have to offered some kind of buy out before losing their use. Maybe the unit I booked was HOA owned, so they decided to keep for themselves to rent.
What size is the place at VOW? We had a 3 bedroom the first time and two bedroom second time. If you are just using it for sleeping and eating and will be out most of the time during the day, then you will enjoy it. Location is good. Have fun.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Hi All. Has anyone ever stayed at Village of Winnepesaukee recently. We had an exchange booked at Cedar Lodge at Brickyard Mountain 5/23/21 but the exchange company (DAE) just called and said that Cedar Lodge is no longer a timeshare. The TUG reviews are poor for Village of Winnepesaukee. I tried looking for reviews on Trip Advisor but they have none. We're not looking for anything fancy, just a clean comfortable place to stay. We spend most of our time out of the room during the day but do tend to eat dinner and breakfast there. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff C

That is right across the street from where I live! Never stayed there. It is older-a legacy resort. Nothing great by a long shot. Good location, though. And that time of year you will be avoiding the excessive crowds in the area, though it will be starting to get busy.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We have been there twice. First time was great, 4 th of July week. Nice place but lots of stairs . I wrote a couple of reviews. Second Visit was awful. There was a drought and Lake was full of bacteria. Most restaurants were closed.
Probably will be nice next May. Read my reviews then decide for yourself.

We are in a bad drought right now but thankfully the lake has been free from bacteria this whole year except for a few days. (those darn ducks and geese!).

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s a 2 BR. As of right now only DW and I going. We always try to get a second BR in case any friends/family want to go. We have one friend who might come , but the stairs might be an issue for her. When it gets closer to check in I’ll call and see what unit we’re in.
I saw the drought first hand in Maine last month. We’re going next May, so hopefully drought’s not an issue. We’ve got a week in Waterville valley mid March so I’m hoping for snow too.