• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Village of Loon Mountain link with Marriott, ect

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone- I received a few emails stating that "After many years of working to establish a beneficial affiliation with the premier network of vacation ownership developers including Marriott, Four Seasons, Hyatt, Sheraton and Westin, we are very happy to notify you that, as of today, we have finally been admitted into this exclusive network of resorts.", and they want me to call to find how it all works. My guess is that call will turn into a sales pitch to buy into a program of some sort for a fee. Anyone have knowledge of how this is working? Thanks in advance!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you are right to question. My guess is it probably even isn't from the resort itself. Before you call the number in the email, give the resort a quick call.

The only thing legit I can think of would be if they are announcing an affiliation with II if they don't have one already. But, if so, why not just say that??

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
mdurette- first, I love your profile picture! Pub 32 is one of my favorite stop in places...usually on the way to One Love. Second, you are correct. I listened to a very nice woman explain that Marriott bought a majority ownership in II ($5 billion!). Since VOLM is an II property, they are now offering a Gold Club membership that allows purchasing members blah, blah, blah...you know the drill. I'm sure they don't say that upfront because most people say no or already II members. Get you on the phone to try and get the hook on you. It's all part of the game. She was pleasant, informative and not pushy at all. Always good to get property update information and goings on.