• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa Group said they will buy our old timeshare

SandyGibson63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Arco
We just purchased a time share from the Villa Group at Villa del Arco in Cabo San Lucas 4 days ago. They gave us $15,500 off the purchase price for our old time share in Aruba. We have 30 days to get the paperwork to them and they will transfer ownership. Now I'm getting nervous that they may not follow through and we'll be stuck with 2 time shares. We're still within the 5 day cancellation period. Has anyone dealt with the Villa Group?

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Ask yourself if they gave you 15.5K off of an inflated retail price, zero resale value TS.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind while you still can. Do your research FIRST. Otherwise you will be stuck with it and won't be able to rescind later.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have heard many anecdotal reports of Mexican TSs taking 'trade-ins' then later saying that it was just an offer to market the original TS, and of course when it doesn't sell, the original owner still has it as well as the 'new' one, and the now delinquent annual fees.

I think I would rescind, then try to offload the Aruba TS. Then buy resale if you still want a TS.
There are many Mexican (and other) TSs for pennies on the resale market.

Remember: NO timeshare is NEW.

Jim

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Recind and keep your Aruba Timeshare!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I have read somewhere that after the purchase an owner changed their mind about the trade in and were charged to get their timeshare back.

According to my calculations you would have a 96.894% chance of being an owner of two timeshares and two maintenance fees. Rescind!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Get out of the deal. The chances of something going wrong and/or you regretting it financially are probably 100%..

George

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This article from "Insidethegate" will describe the process pretty much.

https://www.insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2015/03/mexico-timeshare-fraud-march-14-2015/

Your contract with Villa probably doesn't mention the actual agreement, as it was verbal. You got a discount off a big price. You could have bargained down the price, but the attraction was getting rid of an existing timeshare. Don't trust verbal agreements. Rescind.

p.s. Villa did not agree to BUY your timeshare. They agreed to sell your timeshare.