• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa del Palmar, Villa del Arco re-opening dates

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Suposedly, these resorts were to open by May 1 but the rumour is they will open posibly between June 1 and August . It seems Mexico is in a state of emergency now so who knows. I contacted the resort and was told they are not certain anymore. Starting April 25 some new measures were anounced that seem to close the area through at least May 31.

Bill

1. The following are the new sanitary measures that will be in force from April 25 to May 30:

2. All non-essential activities will be suspended until May 30.

3. You may only walk or drive alone, and solely for the purpose of performing one of the following essential activities:
- Procuring food, medicines and basic goods.
- Going to the hospital or attending health facilities or services.
- Going to work (in one of the following essential activities: health, security, government, civil protection; the pharmaceutical sector; the health industry; waste disposal (particularly that which may be infectious); cleaning and sanitizing medical units; the non-alcoholic food industry; supermarkets, markets, grocery stores of all sizes, convenience stores and sale of processed or prepared food ("alimentos preparados"); transportation services and freights; farming, agribusiness and cleaning products).
- Returning home.
- Taking care of the elderly, underaged persons, dependents, disabled persons and persons who are especially vulnerable.
- Financial institutions or insurance services.
- A case of force majeure or a fully justified need.
- Any other similar activity that needs to be done individually, unless you are in the company of a disabled person or for any other justified reason.
- Delivering food to those in need (only if your aim is to support the economy of their families, and only if their need is derived from the contingency).
- You may drive unaccompanied, only to perform one of these essencial activities or to refuel your vehicle.
- Any other thing established by BCS´ Health Security Committee.
- All recommendations and instructions dictated by the sanitary authority must be observed.

4. Security forces are allowed to block roads and highways (in their enterity or partially) for public health or security reasons, or to restrict the circulation of certain vehicles.
- The authorities will inform the public about the measures that may affect vehicle transit.

5. Zero tolerance. All gatherings are prohibited. No fiestas or gatherings are allowed. Disrupting public order is prohibited.

6. Those who leave their homes with COVID-19 symptoms in order to get medical treatment have to wear a mask mandatorily.

7. Those who do not comply with these norms will be arrested for 36 hours and fined 100 UMAS (presently $8,688 pesos).
- Those who do not pay the fine will perform community services for three days (transporting food to vulnerable groups, cleaning health centers and hospitals that are not treating COVID-19 patients, making masks, and performing similar activities related to this contingency (NOTE: these activities cannot put at risk the integrity of the offenders)).

8. The security forces at the municipal, state and federal levels will oversee the observance of these norms.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Sounds like they are serious about this, especially items 7 & 8!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like they are serious about this, especially items 7 & 8!

Sure sounds like they are. I have a feeling all of Mexico is going on lock down and some areas could be locked down until fall.

Bill

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I picked up Labor Day week at Grand Solmar with an AC in II. I hope we are open by then.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Suposedly, these resorts were to open by May 1 but. the rumour is .......between June 1 and August .
It seems Mexico is in a state of emergency now so who knows. I contacted the resort and was told they are not certain anymore. .. Bill
1. The following are the new sanitary measures that will be in force from April 25 to May 30:
2. All non-essential activities will be suspended until May 30.
3. You may only walk or drive alone, and solely for the purpose of ......
- Procuring food, medicines and basic goods.
- Going to the hospital
- Going to work

(5. Zero tolerance. All gatherings are prohibited. No fiestas or gatherings are allowed. Disrupting public order is prohibited.

I spoke to a friend yesterday - who was in conversation with a business contact in Mexico City .
No details - just that everything was gloomy right now .

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
I travel a lot to Mexico for work (pre Covid) and have a lot of clients down there. BCS is completely closed down till the end of May at least. Like the US the shelter and place regulations are issued per state. No tourists, locals in Todos Santos even have set up road blocks earlier this month to prevent non residents coming in. I don’t know how strict the immigration is at the airports, but I’m in no rush to find out!

orla

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VPA-Villa Group (PV,Cabos,Cancun,Loretto)
Hi, I just joined and wondering if anybody has cancelled one of those member programs with Villa del Palmar group. I bought the VPA membership for 30years and this is going to be the first time I use it. After all these additional fees they are charging me to make a reservation, i feel this is not worth to keep. I asked them about cancellation and was told you can't until you finish paying the membership.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, I just joined and wondering if anybody has cancelled one of those member programs with Villa del Palmar group. I bought the VPA membership for 30years and this is going to be the first time I use it. After all these additional fees they are charging me to make a reservation, i feel this is not worth to keep. I asked them about cancellation and was told you can't until you finish paying the membership.

True , the VPA membership will not be taken back by the developer unless the loan is paid.

Bill

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold

As Bill said...must be paid off to return it.

But...what extra fees?

There are no fees required to make a reservation. Unless...
1) You are booking a unit season/size that requires more points that you purchased - that seems reasonable.
2) You are also booking ground transportation to/from the resort - that seems reasonable.
3) You are also booking spa treatments or AI (all-inclusive) for your food/beverages for the stay - that also seems reasonable.

FWIW

bbb

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi I am think of buying cano timeshare , can some one tell me what is vpa program, and if don’t have points or fix week, you might own a float how do you make your Reservation for the week.
Also caI get a timeshare calendar from someone showing the different dates for the different ownership dates.
Thanks
Linda

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi I am think of buying cano timeshare , can some one tell me what is vpa program, and if don’t have points or fix week, you might own a float how do you make your Reservation for the week.
Also caI get a timeshare calendar from someone showing the different dates for the different ownership dates.
Thanks
Linda

There is alot of info on the Villa Group if you use the Tug search. IDK what cano is. The different types of ownerships are in the faq at myuvci.com

Bill