• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa del Palmar PV

AlbertaTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from VDP about their proposed new construction. This will proabably take a while but it sure doesn’t look like our little homey resort anymore

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Just received an email from VDP about their proposed new construction. This will proabably take a while but it sure doesn’t look like our little homey resort anymore
We are in the PV area right now . ( Feb.2023 )
Lots of new condo construction and building happening.

It is good for the local economy - but some neighbourhoods are being gentrified - and locals are being pushed out by rising rents.

Last edited:

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
What was the email and who sent it and when? I am curious to read it. thanks.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
dc2be842-dbcf-4f28-9c6d-7a5888dd4a4e.png
29ea7738-4e6c-4285-a6b5-085d1aa1a8c3.png
S.gif

The Villa Group Resorts is proud to announce that 40 years later
redevelopment is coming to Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta!​

-Phased resort redevelopment plan starting in 2023
-Mixed unit types
-Elevated dining experiences
-State of the art spa facilities
-Rooftop pool with spectacular views​

No reservations will be impacted and these changes will be done in phases.
All information is preliminary and subject to final design approval. We appreciate your patience at this time.​

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Walked into and through Bucerias today and was amazed at the number of new condo developments that have gone up since we were here 3 years ago. I can't image how crowded the Bay of Banderas will become over the next 10 years. Maybe I'll get to stay in this new Villa del Palmar 'vegas style' resort before my Premier weeks expire.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Walked into and through Bucerias today and was amazed at the number of new condo developments that have gone up since we were here 3 years ago. I can't image how crowded the Bay of Banderas will become over the next 10 years. Maybe I'll get to stay in this new Villa del Palmar 'vegas style' resort before my Premier weeks expire.
SteveH--When do your premiere weeks expire? I'm trying to figure out when the newest premiere weeks expire. One of mine expires in 2024, two expire in 2025, and two expire in 2026. If 2026 is the last year they expire, then it would make some sense for them to demo Villa Del Mar and start rebuilding it between now and 2026. Then in 2027, they could start tearing down Villa del Palmar. I heard through the grapevine that they plan on taking three years to demo and rebuild VDM, but that might not be the case. And then after that, they'd start on VDPM.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Are they tearing down flamingos? As I am relatively new to this, if they tear down a structure, one would think they have to grant access to the new one without forcing a renewal / upgrade . . . right?

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are NOT tearing down Flamingos. I'm not sure, but I believe premiere memberships don't allow you to stay at Flamingos. Gold and point memberships get to stay at Flamingos and any other new Villa del Palmar property.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We received the construction notice and I wonder what they are planning on doing with the five premiere memberships we have that expire in 2029 - 2031. All have a PV home resort. That would be sweet if this was up and running by 2027 and we could use all of the weeks at the new PV resort.

Bill

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Points contracts are not written to a certain destination. The maintenance fee rate for points memberships is consistent for all memberships in each "club" regardless of destination. I believe they are consistent across clubs, I just don't know that for a fact.

By club I mean UVC - Universal Vacation Club (Cabo and PV resorts), Club Caribe (Cancun/Garza Blanca) and whatever the Loretto club is called.

FWIW
bbb

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey Bill. What worries me is the maintenance fees

In the last 15 years our Premiere one bed unit MF has only increased $50 to about $600 a week. The two bed units are about $670. My buddy that likes the gold membership is paying about $800 for their one bed unit and over $900 for their two bed units is what I think I remember. I might start looking for a resale preferred access point membership once our memberships expire but I kind of doubt it.

The view from our deck in PV.

Bill
20230214_141421.jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset off the deck. Vdp pv.
Bill
20230214_185434_HDR.jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The " golden hour" after sunset.

Bill

20230218_193453.jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are NOT tearing down Flamingos. I'm not sure, but I believe premiere memberships don't allow you to stay at Flamingos. Gold and point memberships get to stay at Flamingos and any other new Villa del Palmar property.

We have premiere memberships and have reserved Flamingos , Arco and Cancun many times. The problem is the 10 month reservation window regarding premiere memberships. With all of the banked covid weeks being used in addition to the regular popularity of Flamingos and the Arco there hasn't been any inventory available at 10 months out.

Last week a drilling crew was installing 3 inch casings on the end of the south Villa del Mar building. Demo efforts are underway.

Bill

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have premiere memberships and have reserved Flamingos , Arco and Cancun many times. The problem is the 10 month reservation window regarding premiere memberships. With all of the banked covid weeks being used in addition to the regular popularity of Flamingos and the Arco there hasn't been any inventory available at 10 months out.

Last week a drilling crew was installing 3 inch casings on the end of the south Villa del Mar building. Demo efforts are underway.

Bill
That's good to know. Thanks.