• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa del Palmar in PV in July? Will friends be happy?

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have friends who want to rent in July either in PV or Cabo.

We have gold membership at Villa del Palmar, so I tried to find 2 units (party of 10) for the same week in PV, Cabo or NV. Unfortunately, there are no 2-bedroom units available at all in Cabo in July and only one unit at the Flamingos in NV in July.

The only place I can find 2 units at the same time is at the older Villa del Palmar closer to town in PV. Except for pushy TS salesman, we enjoyed our stay there a couple of years ago during spring break--great weather and lots of lively activity. The place was filled with families with young kids during spring break, and I am sure their 4 children would enjoy the pools anytime.

I am wondering, however, if this is a good place for them to go in July. I don't want to encourage them to rent from us if they would be unhappy there. I am wondering about both the weather and the resort itself at that time of year.

Should I direct them to look for someplace else instead? I hate to lose the opportunity to rent our weeks to them, but I want them to have a good time.

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yucky Weather

June is the beginning of the rainy season in PV. It is likely to be hot, humid and overcast with the possibility of thunder storms. It would not be my first choice of when to go.

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is an extended family group that wants to travel in July. Apparently that is the only time they can all get together for this family trip. At least one has been to PV in the summer, so he is aware of heat/humidity.

With 4 children in the party, I imagine that many activities will center around the pool.

I am aware of activities at the resort at spring break. Is it pretty much the same throughout the summer, too?

I know the crowd was full of families with kids when we were there for spring break a couple of years ago. Would it be a similar type of crowd in the summer?

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talk of uncomfortable weather is scaring off some people in my friend's party of 10 (6 adults/4 children).

Will they be happier in Cabo? Should they be looking someplace else in Mexico for July?

I can't find any availability for renting to them in Cabo in July at my own resort (VDP).

Are they going to have similar trouble finding a pair of 2-bedroom units in July at other resorts in Cabo?

If they choose Cabo, do you have suggestions about where they should look for reasonable units to rent?

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they don't mind heat then Cabo may be a better choice in July. It's a desert environment so will not be humid at all, but it will be hot.

Summer in general is not the best time to travel to Mexico. In Cancun you're right in the middle of hurricane season. Pick your poison I guess. Mazatlan will be very similar to Cabo, but might have better swimming beaches. I've not been there yet. Maybe someone else knows.

Last edited:

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heat

Cabo is hit or miss, heat-wise. We've been twice in late June-early July, and both times it wasn't hot every day. If you get a place at Sunset Beach, it can be down-right cool some days. But I don't think they have much of a kids program. Don't know for sure, though.

I'd go to www.tripadvisor.com and read some of the comments there before making a final decision. I've been to PV and Acapulco lots of times in the month of July. Yes, it's humid and hot. But I stay at the resort during the day and hit the beach and the pool. As far as the rain, it's mainly at night, gone by the morning. Or it's a afternoon shower and then gone. If July is the only time, either one of them would be fine, IMO.

But then, I'm in love w/ Mexico; anytime is fine w/ me. :cool: