• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott - View from the Balcony

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Kapolei

Reaction score
Beautiful day. Empty resort, beaches, pool etc. We just can't use any of these amenities, just admire it.

On another note we are down to about 11 occupied villas at this time.

Grounds keepers are still working and pool personnel are restaining the rocks around pool area. Lots of maintenance being done in rooms also. Like changing light bulbs, fixing broken hinges etc.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

There are some rental bikes at a couple of locations in Koolina if you want the exercise.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
There are some rental bikes at a couple of locations in Koolina if you want the exercise.
Have just been walking around the resort. Also been feeding the swans, geese and ducks as the golf workers have been out since last week. Have seen them feeding the wildlife most mornings before the stay at home work order. Figure no one is has been feeding the animals for a few days.

Pretty cool walking around a deserted resort. Seems like my own private playground.

Kapolei

Reaction score
Have just been walking around the resort. Also been feeding the swans, geese and ducks as the golf workers have been out since last week. Have seen them feeding the wildlife most mornings before the stay at home work order. Figure no one is has been feeding the animals for a few days.

Pretty cool walking around a deserted resort. Seems like my own private playground.

I was just there this morning with my dog. You might have seen me walk by. No lagoons or beach to visit, but a very safe, and beautiful place to walk. And walking while maintaining social distance is an essential activity. Some are even walking the golf course cart paths. Hopefully, the resort will turn a blind eye to that and not shut it down.

Kapolei

Reaction score
First day of the month siren test right now. No tsunami.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just there this morning with my dog. You might have seen me walk by. No lagoons or beach to visit, but a very safe, and beautiful place to walk. And walking while maintaining social distance is an essential activity. Some are even walking the golf course cart paths. Hopefully, the resort will turn a blind eye to that and not shut it down.
I actually saw a family set up a soccer goal on the greens and were playing soccer. Just a mom, dad and 2 kids. It was at the Centex homes right after monkeypods. Also have seen quiet a few people walking the course. Wife and I will be walking it later today for exercise and a nice break from staying in the room.

Was not out this morning and did not see you. If you see an Asian guy with glasses and shaved head come and say HI. Of course we have to observe the 6ft distance rule :).

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
I actually saw a family set up a soccer goal on the greens and were playing soccer. Just a mom, dad and 2 kids. It was at the Centex homes right after monkeypods. Also have seen quiet a few people walking the course. Wife and I will be walking it later today for exercise and a nice break from staying in the room.

Was not out this morning and did not see you. If you see an Asian guy with glasses and shaved head come and say HI. Of course we have to observe the 6ft distance rule :).

We are 1 of the 11 rooms here. Stopped by front desk yesterday and asked one of the associates room occupancy. Response was "Oh we can't give you that information" 1st time I had heard that from any associate at any resort. Just back from our morning Ko Olina golf course walk. 12,000 steps from Villa and back following golf cart path. Beautiful day today! Couldn't ask for a better or safer way to social distance.

Monday March 30th:
1585785136815.png

18th Green and landscaping at the Ko Olina Golf Course:
1585785214403.png

Last edited:

Kapolei

Reaction score
We are 1 of the 11 rooms here. Stopped by front desk yesterday and asked one of the associates room occupancy. Response was "Oh we can't give you that information" 1st time I had heard that from any associate at any resort. Just back from our morning Ko Olina golf course walk. 12,000 steps from Villa and back following golf cart path. Beautiful day today! Couldn't ask for a better or safer way to social distance.

People are liking Roy's take out https://www.royyamaguchi.com/roys-ko-olina

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
We are 1 of the 11 rooms here. Stopped by front desk yesterday and asked one of the associates room occupancy. Response was "Oh we can't give you that information" 1st time I had heard that from any associate at any resort.

That's because the usual stock response is "we're fully occuppied" and it's obvious that would be a lie if they were to make that claim now.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice sunset view. Really quiet as I dont think there are more than 3 other rooms occupied. I believe NAIA tower is also now closed. At least I did not see any room lights on.

This will be the last week the FD associates are working. They will be on furlough as of next week Sunday.
a233b24113ddaa4e8191a72d8596c487.jpg
f598e3f6f840677f9309bda104fe8c40.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the link. Walked over and got a dinner plate my wife wanted. Lots of people walking the gold course.

If you see the 3 of us feeding the swans, geese, ducks etc by Roy's please say HI. We have been feeding them on Monday and Wednesday. Will be out probably tomorrow with my nephews.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Slowest Easter sunday at MKO for at least a decade.
423f03977852b27a354a0f5ade3dd615.jpg
c79fa667acd9f11c6f00a8ddfc4b8f73.jpg

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
Marriott Maui Ocean Club Balcony - Lahaina Villas - March, 2020

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for sharing. Are the pools closed?
Yes everything is closed. No restaurants, pools, hot tubs, workout room and activities. Basically walk around the resort and feel like it is your own playground.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
It's so quite here frank808 and vol_90 have been at Ko Olina at the same time for 23 days and counting but still not officially met or been 6 feet from each other!! Stay safe frank808. We will meet in the near future from 6 feet away. April 15th, 2020 Picture. Cheers, Sean
1587026159976.png

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Grande Ocean at Hilton Head. Told roughly 20 units occupied. Been basically isolated. Closest we’ve come into contact with another soul was the person counting the people entering and exiting at the Harris Teeter. Cooked in the unit for the first five days. Plan to get takeout at the Salty Dog (25% off menu prices) during bike ride tomorrow since we have the Sea Pines bike pass. Walked beach and have taken rented bikes for a spin each day and seen only a few people and alligators. View from our balcony attached along with a shot of our new friend bubba whom we met on a bike trail.
5BDD9EF7-91F3-43A1-919A-290D1A938BB9.jpeg
468A059A-BB8F-4CF1-ACEE-E6DD0A15BCBC.jpeg
37DB2412-C00B-4136-8533-5A27298AA39F.jpeg

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Grande Ocean at Hilton Head. Told roughly 20 units occupied. Been basically isolated. Closest we’ve come into contact with another soul was the person counting the people entering and exiting at the Harris Teeter. Cooked in the unit for the first five days. Plan to get takeout at the Salty Dog (25% off menu prices) during bike ride tomorrow since we have the Sea Pines bike pass. Walked beach and have taken rented bikes for a spin each day and seen only a few people and alligators. View from our balcony attached along with a shot of our new friend bubba whom we met on a bike trail.
View attachment 19226View attachment 19228View attachment 19229

Great view from high floor in Starfish Bldg!!! (Looks to be 4th floor)
Hope you're having a wonderful time in spite of the times. Weather has been outstanding, ideal actually.
We have several consecutive upcoming weeks at GO in June, hoping it'll work out.

I'd tell you to say hello to "Bubba" but there are about 250 Bubba's at HH at any given moment, LOL.
(Ohio natives I suspect)

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Search has failed me...does anyone have photos or links to the 3BR, 10th floor (top) view from Maui Ocean Club Napili tower? I've found a few photos from the lower floors, but would like to see viewpoint from the lanai and the studio. Seems like Molokai tower really infringes the view in this diagram, compared to the Lahaina tower.

It also looks like the Napili 10th floor also has the open railings design, with a low wall on the lanai.

1591042551238.png

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
View from our Grande Ocean oceanfront corner villa overlooking the North Pool, taken today 6/2/20

1591151650460.png

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Canada BC. Kelowna Delta Grand unit 323 from our 1 bedroom patio view

Attachments

• EDB6F2F1-051F-4019-B252-0906B30F7BE0.jpeg
    EDB6F2F1-051F-4019-B252-0906B30F7BE0.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 34