• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

View from the balcony - non-timeshare edition

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We've taken two non-timeshare trips in the last 10 days and had some amazing view to share. Who knows, maybe non-timeshare pictures will inspire folks to visit some different places.

Monument Valley (The View Hotel)
20181230_152848.jpg

and an Airbnb in Encinitas CA
20190106_131507.jpg

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Beautiful! A good friend of mine was just in Monument Valley at that hotel and she just loved it and all UTAH. She is a photographer and came back with some awesome photos as well. Thanks for sharing!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Going on a cruise through the Panama Canal is pretty amazing.
2018-12-18%2007-07-11-X3.jpg

After a trip to our timeshare in Hawaii, our next vacation will be a cruise to Alaska.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, so this is hotel #2 in Puerto Vallarta. In the Romantic Zone, right at the pier.
IMG_20200120_142030_8.jpg
Hotel San Marino. I suspect it might get a tad noisy in the late evening. I'll report later, but you can't argue it isn't in the middle of the action. If you 'unlucky' to zoom in on the group nearest the pier, you'll see a stand-up bass and several guitars and horns. Coolers full of cerveza (tastes just like beer :) ) and anything else to keep the party going.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
6fac7225f91c15343611e768fdd42b0c.jpg

Salt Spring Island, BC
When I was in my early teens, perhaps late 1950's, our family vacationed on Salt Spring Island in something called 'light housekeeping cottages'. It was quite British and just had a one lane paved road between the two settlements (hardly 'towns'). I had the run of the place and could row out fishing anytime I wanted to. I've often wondered what became of the place, but not enough to go back. Thanks for posting.

Jim[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All of these are far better than the current view of the inside of my office. I love to see them!

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was in my early teens, perhaps late 1950's, our family vacationed on Salt Spring Island in something called 'light housekeeping cottages'. It was quite British and just had a one lane paved road between the two settlements (hardly 'towns'). I had the run of the place and could row out fishing anytime I wanted to. I've often wondered what became of the place, but not enough to go back. Thanks for posting.

Jim

Interesting to hear a story from the island in the 50's Jim. Nowadays there are 10k permanent residents with the population doubling in the summer months. Do you happen to remember what lake the cottages you stayed at were on?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting to hear a story from the island in the 50's Jim. Nowadays there are 10k permanent residents with the population doubling in the summer months. Do you happen to remember what lake the cottages you stayed at were on?
Boy, how memory fades in 60 years. We were not on a lake, but on a salt water inlet. I caught ocean fish. Possibly around Ganges. But back then, it's entirely possible that the year-round population was only one or two thousand people. I remember that it was a occasion to meet an incoming car on the road. Dad had to pull the '56 Desoto well off the road to let them pass.

Jim

Last edited:

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
F16EA289-E8E6-4159-8DC5-EA8D97F78AAA.jpeg
1BF5D193-6F2F-4E8F-A05F-E51B8F29371E.jpeg
7496D893-6353-45DF-8714-3F8B710F9216.jpeg

Orange Beach, AL. We chose a ground floor unit for easier access to pools. Instead of a balcony view, we have a splash pad view.:) Been coming here since 1990.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've taken two non-timeshare trips in the last 10 days and had some amazing view to share. Who knows, maybe non-timeshare pictures will inspire folks to visit some different places.

Monument Valley (The View Hotel)
View attachment 9786
and an Airbnb in Encinitas CA
View attachment 9787
Can you share more about the Encinitas unit?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you share more about the Encinitas unit?
Here you go: https://www.beachfrontonly.com/san-...g-romantic-oceanfront-vacation-rental-e6801-0

It was right on Neptune. Beautiful view. Although it looks wonderful, it's clearly a converted apartment or condo building so it has an odd layout. We went in January and I felt that it was fair for the price, although since my husband couldn't make it I stayed in the "Bermuda" bedroom which I swear was a converted closet. These people missed an opportunity to make it a Harry Potter "cupboard under the stairs" room.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We arrived at the Hyatt Mission Bay fairly late last night and had this amazing view waiting for us. We used our free night cert from our Hyatt card. The free night cert also allows the resort fee to be waived, and also parking with their new promotion. We can't complain!
IMG_20200723_202921_161.jpg
20200724_110656.jpg

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
My view from my room at the Pearl Bora Bora. (You can even see the Pearl logo on the glass of the door. )

Sunrise on Mount Otemanu.

1595620555278.png

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned