• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta

jxkreise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just informed my contract expired in March but I thought I had all of 2021to pay the MF renewal. Has anyone been able to get their contract back after it expired?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Call the 1-800-AWAY-I-Go number and ask. It is my understanding that they need to be paid in the January following the 10 year purchase date and no later than March 30.

I have read that they do not send out renewal notices and was surprised by that. We used to get the 5 year Renovation fee notice and had expected to get the 25 year ones when we had the old contracts. We upgraded to GL in June 2013, and after learning that they do not send out renewal notices, I plan to pay our renewal sometime in June 2023 just to make sure we are covered.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I was just informed my contract expired in March but I thought I had all of 2021to pay the MF renewal. Has anyone been able to get their contract back after it expired?

Were you told this at a sales presentation ?

qb_bc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help me to understand. If the contract was purchased March 1, 2016, is the renewal fee required by March 30 2026, or by March 30 2027?

Thanks.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help me to understand. If the contract was purchased March 1, 2016, is the renewal fee required by March 30 2026, or by March 30 2027?

Thanks.

January 2027 per Pittle's post. The January following the 10th anniversary.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

Thanks.

This is really confusing. That is why I want to make sure that I pay close to the 10 year anniversary date. I understand that some of the contracts have different amounts for per week renewal, so I left that part blank.

In the section for Residence weeks,mine says -
1656603726769.png

In the Registered section it says.
1656602387567.png

Attachments

• 1656602200663.png
    1656602200663.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 5

qb_bc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is very confusing.

With the way the contracts work, the first year starts when you sign. With the example I gave if you sign on March 1, 2016, the last period you receive weeks for is for March 2025 to March 2026. There are no weeks available from March 2026 onwards unless one has renewed. If one waits to renew until January 2027 it would not be possible to book from March 1, 2026 until renewal.

Hence my confusion about the cut off for renewal.

cohenru

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called to make a reservation for next Jan at the Grand Bliss. I just found out that my contract has expired. I joined in 2011, it expired last year in 2021. Yet I was at the resort in Jan 2021, and no one gave me a bill and no one sent me an invoice. But, as the reservation agent pointed out, my contract is not canceled. The only way I can renew or extend it is to meet with membership people when I am at one of their resorts, which will be next Jan. This of course entails a sales presentation about their Nuevo Vallarta development.
They do not inform you that it had been 10 years, they do not send an invoice, and they cancel. They are hoping that you panic, and go for an upgrade, and Vida pockets more money. It is tragic, they have a good product, which sells itself, yet they continue to resort to unethical tactics. The contract is the contract, yet we as owners have a LOT of power. Vida will not change its tactics until we the owners complain. We have a lot of power, it is time we exercised it.