• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta uses alternative company names to shelter itself from consumers in the US

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vidanta
I was sent this post and have knowledge since I read the law suit about 2 years ago and didn't think the US company had a chance to win against a billion dollar company with headquarters in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco and the jurisdiction for the lawsuit was in Guadalajara, Jalisco. Mexico courts and judges do not put much value into perjury. But the case took a sudden flip when the US company changed the suit from breach of contract to theft of software that was stored in a California server. Interestingly Vidanta formed a no value intermediary company to sign with the US company to shield itself as if they knew what they were going to do in the future and left the US company with a worthless company to sue for damages. Worse is the person who negotiated the deal is on record having participated heavily in all aspects to the point of signing a binding letter of intent with exclusive benefits the US company would receive for the next 5-10 years and was signed under California law jurisdiction. However, the person who signed, made declarations under oath in Guadalajara that he did not work for the middle company, has never worked for the Vidanta company, was not benefiting in the case and has never visited California and his only job is with a MLM company in Dallas. The US court has hundreds of texts, emails, recordings, etc. that this person was indeed the principal negotiator and the person who terminated the contract. The US judge didn't go for his declaration under oath from Mexico especially when the person filed to dismiss the jurisdiction in California and to keep the law suit in Mexico.
The US Federal Superior court declared that under California law, if you signed, violated citizens rights, breached US agreement and the theft charges happened in US soil, there is no reason to hear the case in Mexico. Also the person had no right to ask the court to change the jurisdiction because he declared under oath he has nothing to do with the companies. Surely Vidanta was betting the US company would need to file in Guadalajara, where they have huge power over the judges, but the US company and court surprised them. The person graduated from a California university, is the V/P of Vidanta, is son of (Daniel Chavez Sr.) the Founder of Vidanta, signed in US territory under Vidanta and negotiated on behalf of Vidanta for the benefit of Vidanta. Based on Daniel Chavez Jr. representations in the USA, the California company signed the contract with Chavez and invested personal money to accommodate Chavez. It is alleged immediately when Chavez took delivery of the software and the travel portal, Vidanta disconnected its land phones, changed cell numbers, cancelled the Whatsapp account, dropped emails and all communication with the US company went dark. To make matters worse, it is alleged Vidanta kept the travel portal, shared the software without consent with companies in the US like ICE and Saveon that compete with its US client, causing the US company damages and market share and unfair competition. When I purchased the Saveon travel portal and bragged about it to a friend, I was shown the law suit 2 years ago and now I suppose justice has caught up and the US company will be vindicated to some extent. The case is public record and the Federal Court denied Vidanta the Mexico jurisdiction last week and now Chavez Jr. must stand trial in the US. Very disturbing to read how cold and ruthless Vidanta acted in business. I am very interested in selling my timeshare and travel portal just to get away from them. I am Not a Happy Traveler.
Nothing burns like an Habanero.jpg

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Hmmm ... new user registered today, and this is her/his first post??

Besides that, does ANYBODY understand what this post means, other than the OP wants to get rid of her/his timeshare?
At least they're still a happy traveler :)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The only lawsuit I am familiar with - was about 15 years ago and involved Grupo Mayan .

I recall from reading - that the result was a win for Grupo Mayan

I also “seem to recall” - that using - Alternate Business Names and corporations is a pretty standard model
in many countries - and is not specific to timeshare developers in Mexico .

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The only lawsuit I am familiar with - was about 15 years ago and involved Grupo Mayan .

I recall from reading - that the result was a win for Grupo Mayan

I also “seem to recall” - that using - Alternate Business Names and corporations is a pretty standard model
in many countries - and is not specific to timeshare developers in Mexico .

There are entire law firms dedicated to establishing multiple business entities for people in order to provide "asset protection" and to reduce taxes. I'm sure they had a lot of work after the latest changes to the Internal Revenue Code in the US. It is a pretty standard business model.

I also thought that Daniel Chavez's son was Ivan Chavez. Maybe he has several, but I hadn't heard of Junior as being part of Vidanta management. It's also interesting that the lawsuit and the US company are unnamed.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I don't find the OP posting helpful for tug community. Besides constant rant, what is OP's intention?

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 Plus using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
OP posted one day in May and was last on the site the next day. Doesn’t strike me as really interested in contributing to the community.