• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Time Share Cancellation Help..

AmieWheeler

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Vidanta
Below is an email that I sent to Karen Rose

Is there anything else I can do in this situation?

See Below

Good Evening,
I did a time share presentation with my husband on December 21st 2019.
We are at 6 Business days as of Today, and would like to Cancel my contract and keep my current time share that we were told to use as a trade in to get a discount.
When filling out the financial paperwork I was told to put down my husbands total income, of 60k year, for which I was approved for the loan amount of $12,500.The issue is I should not qualify for this amount as I'm a stay at home mom and have no income on my own. My husband is the sole income provider and is not on the contract for the loan amount. Another note is that not at any time during the presentation I was ever told that it was a Mastercard application that I was filling out. I was given miss information to qualify for the loan amount. The sales person was in training and did not have all information which led to multiple interactions with another sales person.
I feel that I was pressured into this time share sale and given the wrong information so that I was made to qualify for this sale by the team I worked with.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Unfortunately in Mexico you have 5 business days to cancel and an email would not suffice to legally rescind unless your contract stated email was ok. I believe December 27 (and if not the 27th it would have been the 30th) would have been your last day to rescind. Perhaps at this point they will let you out of the contract but they don't have to and they may keep your deposit.

Hopefully others will have some more advice to give you.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You can contact Member Services and have them at a minimum void the trade in of your old timeshare. The trade in aspect is just a sales tactic that Vidanta uses; the final price you signed up for is likely the same as you could have gotten without it.

I’m not sure whether you would be able to rescind now, legally, but Vida Vacations, the sales arm, does monitor social media and react. I’ve heard of people raising a stink on various platforms like TUG and later reaching an undisclosed settlement with Vidanta and deleting the postings. I’ve seen their reactions on Twitter (e.g., please contact us), so I know they will react there if you @ them.

AmieWheeler

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unfortunately in Mexico you have 5 business days to cancel and an email would not suffice to legally rescind unless your contract stated email was ok. I believe December 27 (and if not the 27th it would have been the 30th) would have been your last day to rescind. Perhaps at this point they will let you out of the contract but they don't have to and they may keep your deposit.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't see anywhere on the paperwork that we had 5 days, I seen online 5 to 15 but another thing is.. I signed a Equity Credit Agreement with Timeshare Resale Market (the people that contact you within 5 days and try and make you market for $995 and then say you cant use your timeshare while its up for sale, or you can pay $3,995 and we will break the contract)…On the owners names there is mine and my husbands, but since he didn't want anything to do with the timeshare thing.. I just signed my name but there are 2 spots to sign..not sure we have any leverage on this..

AmieWheeler

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can contact Member Services and have them at a minimum void the trade in of your old timeshare. The trade in aspect is just a sales tactic that Vidanta uses; the final price you signed up for is likely the same as you could have gotten without it.

I’m not sure whether you would be able to rescind now, legally, but Vida Vacations, the sales arm, does monitor social media and react. I’ve heard of people raising a stink on various platforms like TUG and later reaching an undisclosed settlement with Vidanta and deleting the postings. I’ve seen their reactions on Twitter (e.g., please contact us), so I know they will react there if you @ them.

I will call member services and let them know whats going on, the thing is I signed a Equity Credit Agreement for the trade in with an outstanding mortgage balance and he did not sign the paper, we purchased in Vegas at Grandview in 2014 with both of us on there.. I guess it takes 2 to tango on this one? Wonder if this helps us?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I will call member services and let them know whats going on, the thing is I signed a Equity Credit Agreement for the trade in with an outstanding mortgage balance and he did not sign the paper, we purchased in Vegas at Grandview in 2014 with both of us on there.. I guess it takes 2 to tango on this one? Wonder if this helps us?
You can’t transfer/trade in a timeshare that has a balance due on it anyway so be sure to mention that fact to Member Services.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Profeco says any communication to cancel is ok from what I remember. This includes email, mail and fax. I canceled a Mexican contract by email and verbally while using the gift certificates I received for attending their presentation. I actually smiled as I signed a document that the developer had me sign to waive my right to cancel, lol. Totally illegal on their part but it was part of our contract.

The point is Profeco has the last word on consumer affairs in Mexico and not so much the developers contract. If an email was sent during the rescission period to cancel the contract that would be enough to cancel the contract.

Bill

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
We signed a new agreement and returned to cancel within cancellation period. They now tell us they don’t have to go back to old contract you must negotiate for any benefits you had. Has anyone heard of this?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We signed a new agreement and returned to cancel within cancellation period. They now tell us they don’t have to go back to old contract you must negotiate for any benefits you had. Has anyone heard of this?

No. Just cancel the entire thing. The sales staff will mislead you. Give them a cancellation letter. Email it to them too.

Bill

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Thanks! We have a cancellation paper. Amazing we actually went to office because we wanted to her in writing. They gave us a paper now by member services to set an appointment to cancel for Monday. Now we have to meet again with sales before they will cancel our Contract. They are doing everything they can to not allow us to cancel
They will not cancel us without us going to office with an appointment even though we requested cancel within 5 day period.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! We have a cancellation paper. Amazing we actually went to office because we wanted to her in writing. They gave us a paper now by member services to set an appointment to cancel for Monday. Now we have to meet again with sales before they will cancel our Contract. They are doing everything they can to not allow us to cancel
They will not cancel us without us going to office with an appointment even though we requested cancel within 5 day period.

Keep in mind that if you don't cancel it within the required FIVE DAY cancellation period then you will be an owner of something you appear to no longer want. I hope everything works out for you.

Please post again and let us know how things eventually work out for you (or do not work out for you).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Well officially we did cancel they just refuse to cancel. We have paper showing request to cancel signed by them but I don’t trust anything at this point will keep you updated. Reason we went and made them sign paper within 5 days saying we request cancellation More to come

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks .....
Are you in Nuevo Vallarta location ?

Last edited:

nvskier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club, 1862 David Wally's Hot Springs and Resort
I signed a contract with Vidanta late yesterday after a 9 am -7pm session with sales staff. When I got back to my room I started reading through the TUG forums and realized that I had not bought a fractional membership as I was told but only a right to use. What I was told was totally misleading and wrong. When I asked about selling my purchase in a few years I was told it would be no problem and may even be worth more. Why would I believe them?? I am going back to cancel within the hour. I better not have any problems here. If I have any problems I will post here and on Facebook and Twitter. I am at the Nuevo Vallarta property.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I am going back to cancel within the hour. I better not have any problems here. If I have any problems I will post here and on Facebook and Twitter. I am at the Nuevo Vallarta property.
Try to see if there is a member services dept. that can help you rescind. The sales dept. will likely be of no help. Please let us know what happens. Be sure you have everything in writing and dated to show you rescinded within the five-day Mexican rescission period.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
@nvskier, Member Services is on the ground floor of the Grand Bliss building. Bring your contract with you and all who signed it and tell them you are rescinding. Be prepared for them to work to renegotiate the terms with you instead. Rescinding and renegotiating for better terms and a lower price is always a good thing to do with Vidanta even if you want to keep the contract.

The resorts are quite nice as you already know, but the sales practices are not on a par with the resorts. The value in having a contract is the ability to come down in the high season; don’t let them try to persuade you that there is resale value and recognize that renting out extra weeks there is a lot of work and may not be profitable.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Eric B gave you some great advice. You can negotiate for a better deal or just rescind (cancel). Member Services will try their best to keep you as an Owner/Member, but do what is best for you.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I signed a contract with Vidanta late yesterday after a 9 am -7pm session with sales staff. When I got back to my room I started reading through the TUG forums and realized that I had not bought a fractional membership as I was told but only a right to use. What I was told was totally misleading and wrong. When I asked about selling my purchase in a few years I was told it would be no problem and may even be worth more. Why would I believe them?? I am going back to cancel within the hour. I better not have any problems here. If I have any problems I will post here and on Facebook and Twitter. I am at the Nuevo Vallarta property.

You only have five days to fully rescind. Suggest you do it via Registered Mail and not return to the sales office.....

Keep us posted.

nvskier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club, 1862 David Wally's Hot Springs and Resort
@nvskier, Member Services is on the ground floor of the Grand Bliss building. Bring your contract with you and all who signed it and tell them you are rescinding. Be prepared for them to work to renegotiate the terms with you instead. Rescinding and renegotiating for better terms and a lower price is always a good thing to do with Vidanta even if you want to keep the contract.

The resorts are quite nice as you already know, but the sales practices are not on a par with the resorts. The value in having a contract is the ability to come down in the high season; don’t let them try to persuade you that there is resale value and recognize that renting out extra weeks there is a lot of work and may not be profitable.

It was not easy but they cancelled my contract. Took 3 hours and 3 people before it was done. Made me offers that "I couldn't refuse" but I did. Just too much pressure and if the original offers had been as good as the last ones, I likely would have gone for it. But I didn't. Too annoyed and frustrated to do any deal with them. But, I was able to cancel.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Great! Now enjoy the rest of your vacation!

You learned a lot over the past few days! Just to know - most of us learned the "hard" way too. The facilities and hype gets most of us at some time or another. Back when we bought our first one, no one traveled with a laptop and WIFI was not at most resorts, so unless we read the contract thoroughly, we did not know what we actually bought. o_O Now, we have TUG and it is awesome - you can ask questions and others do not think you are stupid - they want to help because at some time or another we all drank the kool-aid and are not afraid to admit it to others. :)

ModlrMike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
I would also like to add my thanks to the members here. My wife and I were at NV this past two weeks, and went to a Member's Update Brief. We were told that they had changed their approach, and that there would be no sales component. Nothing could be further from the truth (this should have set alarm bells off). In the end, we wound up signing a rather large contract, that appeared to give us what we wanted in terms of weeks. Once I got back to the room, I realized that we had been substantially misled. They had told us that the deal was real estate based, and that we were getting a "no cost upgrade" worth several hundreds of thousands on an ownership. If it's no cost, what am I paying for? So there I am reading the documents, and it's only an RTU in the end, we wouldn't actually own anything tangible. I found one small passage about rescission in one document. I was then browsing this board, and came across the actual rescission rights. So, off we go on day three to Member Services to cancel our contract. After several failed attempts to give us more favourable terms, after several hours, we walked out free and clear with our original contract reinstated.

So, what did we learn:
- never, ever go to a Member's Update Brief;
- sales will deliberately mislead you;
- they use the good cop/better cop approach where they bring in a closer to show you how sweet the deal is;
- the numbers seldom work in your favour, they will break the contract down into small pieces to make it look more manageable, but you will still wind up signing for a small fortune;
- you can rescind your contract if you are in the five day period. You need to present yourself to Member Services. Do not contact your salesman or any similar party. Have the complete package in hand when you arrive;
- they cannot charge you a penalty for rescinding the contract;
- if you want "property" in MX, then get a realtor; and
- never, ever go to a Member's Update Brief.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I would also like to add my thanks to the members here. My wife and I were at NV this past two weeks,....that appeared to give us what we wanted in terms of weeks........ They had told us that the deal was real estate based, ...So, off we go on day three to Member Services to cancel our contract. After several failed attempts to give us more favourable terms, after several hours, we walked out free and clear with our original contract reinstated.
So, what did we learn:
- never, ever go to a Member's Update Brief; / - they use the good cop/better cop approach where they bring in a closer to show you how sweet the deal is;.....

Welcome to TUG -
lots of Vidanta information in the Mexican Forum

Looks like you learned a lot this visit .

1) Yes it is real estate based - Vidanta owns real estate and Vida Sales sells you a right to use.... / LOL
2) always read and reread any contract you sign / especially if it is a timeshare .
3) Member Services is where you rescind.

If you - like most Vidanta RTU owners - eventually decide to go to another VIDA SALES presentation
be prepared ;by reading your existing contract thoroughly and checking TUG to find out the latest version
of the sales pitch . Then practise saying -“ NO thank you “- we already own what we need .( repeatedly)

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Glad it worked out! Welcome to TUG!!!