• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Sales Presentation, Nuevo Vallarta, dishonesty at its best!

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I've heard that, but you never know for sure if they will open then……

We are booked for the 3rd week of March in Grand Mayan. Concierge mentioned for owners to watch their emails for announcement for the official opening.

We will check a week or two before check in to see if we can move into the Grand Luxxe.

You can see the building on google maps.

KS Wildcat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I have heard of the Estates, but not Empire Estates.

You better get the guaranteed Ocean Views in writing or you will not get it. Also, if it is not built yet, things can change and those units might not have ocean views. Most people were told that the DeLuxxe units were all going to be ocean views and now we are hearing that is not true. There are folks who paid for the Kingdom of the Sun and other buildings in the new park that is not open. They got so many uses of the Park for their 1st 10 years and now it is time for their renewal and they have not gotten to stay there yet.

We have owned since 1999 and progressed from Sea Garden, to Mayan Palace, to Grand Mayan and then to Grand Luxxe and are happy with what we have. There is no need for us to go to an "update" because we do not plan to give them any more money. We can go 2 weeks a year in GL or do 4 weeks in Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan. We have not invested nearly as much as you are talking about. We could have gone 6 or more weeks any year if we had wanted to pay the User Fees for both our Registered and Residence weeks. But generally the Residence weeks cannot be used February - April. When we still lived in Kansas, they did not have GL, so we used 2 of our 4 MP and 2 GM weeks to spend the month of February in Mexio. Now that we live in AZ, we go at Thanksgiving and family joins us.

We already have reservations in Acapulco, Puerto Penasco, and Nuevo in 2023. Because ACA & PP do not have Grand Luxxe, we were able to split one of our weeks into a 2-bedroom GM in ACA and a 1-bedroom GM in PP. Then we have 1 week in GL 2-bedroom unit in NV.
Thats what we are afraid of is that the Empire estates wont materialize for years. They are also offering 2 weeks that need to be booked through SFX, and 2 weeks that need to be booked through Freedom. Has anyone used either of these companies?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thats what we are afraid of is that the Empire estates wont materialize for years. They are also offering 2 weeks that need to be booked through SFX, and 2 weeks that need to be booked through Freedom. Has anyone used either of these companies?
We use SFX for our Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. You pay extra to stay in GL. But, the exchange fee is still $149 for Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan - have a multi-year membership that is basically $99 per year for . With SFX I can get a 2-bedroom unit for our 1-bedroom Master Suite. I use it for an extra week at Buganvilias or Vidanta. Costs me about $875 for a 2-bedroom in either place and that includes MF, annual fee, and exchange fee. That is much less than the bonus weeks at either place.

I have not heard of Freedom.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thats what we are afraid of is that the Empire estates wont materialize for years.
They are also offering 2 weeks that need to be booked through SFX,

and 2 weeks that need to be booked through Freedom.

Club Freedom is a brand by Arrivia that works with Vidanta .Here is a link to the website,
Club Freedom

Arrivia was previously known as ICE / International Cruise and Excursions.
They have a long history of working with Vidanta / Vida Sales.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Club Freedom is a brand by Arrivia that works with Vidanta .Here is a link to the website,
Club Freedom

Arrivia was previously known as ICE / International Cruise and Excursions.
They have a long history of working with Vidanta / Vida Sales.
We have had ICE before and never found anything we wanted to use as we are not cruisers and we had better options with RCI or II at the time.

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Celebrity Park Puerto Vallarta
Hola. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but it is about Vidanta. We also own at Vistana and as I get older it is harder to keep
it straight! Our purchase at Vistana in 1992 wasn't the smartest or the dumbest thing we ever did but "buying" at Vidanta in 2019 was."Buying" meaning right to use. No yearly fees and pay as you go. We like that part but not happy with myself for giving them $'s for that right. I swear we were hypnotized at the presentation. But we have forgiven ourselves and moved on. The Vidanta properties are beautiful (but generally huge resorts) and as a matter of fact we are going to Vidanta PV in a couple of weeks.
Finally my ?. We have been aggressively contacted by phone to "sell" some of weeks to some travel companies. Seems we don't actually own any weeks we figure it is a scam and don't engage. But recently we have been receiving notices about Vidanta misrepresentation at their sales presentations. The letter or card basically lists all of the fraudulent things they might have said during the presentation. Promises that weren't reality. Well, of course atleast 3-4 of those seem like what may have happened to us. Has anyone else been receiving these from companies like Timeshare Contract Review or others. They are suggesting possible partial or total $'s refund back to us. We are figuring just another scam and have not replied but got to wondering what TUGG people have experienced with Vidanta and this issue. Like many, wish I would have know about TUGG a longgggggggggggg time ago. I can move this post to a better forum if I should. Thanks. :cool:

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harboside Atlantis, Sheraton Flex ,Vidanta
Hi. I have been getting these letters in the mail stating the same thing. When I Googled these companies I found that they were timeshare exit companies and not companies that were going to get you any money back.

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Thank you. 99% it was to good to be true. These guys are pros in trying to separate $'s from your wallet. We will see what others of TUGG think as at least we will get an honest answer. The Vidanta properties are very nice and a great non AI option. Too bad they/the sales company have to muddy the waters and mostly use false promises for their job :cool:

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harboside Atlantis, Sheraton Flex ,Vidanta
We have owned at Vidanta since 2014. The properties are beautiful and we like going there. The sales is horrible and they lie all the time. I wish it was different as I like the properties.

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Agreed. 20+ years ago we went Mayan Palace?/Vidanta Acapulco. Impressed. I don't even think we listened to any presentation. We have been to Vidanta Riviera Maya maybe 15 times. Liked the Grand Mayan part because it tended to be closer to the action. Could walk to a lot of pools etc and avoided the shuttles a bit. But the shuttles are OK. Stayed in the Grand Luxe out by the water park and it was very nice but felt disconnected a bit. How and why we bought during the presentation in 2019 is a good ?. Hypnosis is my best guess. We ended up with a Grand Bliss right to use package pay as you go. The Grand Bliss has excellent rooms, is walkable to things, and you have access to the Beach Club. BClub is a beautiful area but we only use it a bit. So our actual resort is Celebrity Park (apparently now has a new name) in Nuevo Vallarta that is being built. A one-bedroom Grand Bliss with tickets we purchased into some of the attractions. We don't really understand the whole situation (refer back to being hypnotized). Sooooo we forgave ourselves and might get to CPark? NVallarta sometime. We hope to learn about what we bought into from other TUGG members on this forum when posted. :cool:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
If anyone contacts you to buy or rent your weeks for an event, it is a scam.

Twice, we have had Vidanta contact us when we had not been using our weeks to give us an incentive to return to one of the resorts.

If Vidanta contacts you, they will tell you who they are, and will give your their name and the 1-800-292-9446 (1-800-AWAY-I-GO is how they used to tell us so we would remember it.) That number works for most everyone. Some of the higher level owners do have a different number, but this one works for any owner.

You will like the MP at the PV Marina because is is smaller and you can get out and about easily - unlike RM and NV.

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Thank you. I'm pretty sure Vidanta isn't interested in us because we don't have any weeks and just pay as we go. But I would love it if they had some type of plan to help recoup some $'s. We are also spending a week at Sheraton Buganvilias after Mayan Palace PV. It was some free week we got for doing something. We're not expecting a lovely Sky Suite or Presidential like you have unless you put a good word in for us! It will be grand and just good to be able to pack suitcases again. :cool:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Even a Hotel unit is OK at he Buganvilias for a week. It would have a balcony. Maybe you will get a 1-bedroom unit. They do not have a balcony, but do have a good ocean view of the City. Buganvilias is an easy walk to the Malecon. We take taxi's back in the dark.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Agreed. 20+ years ago we went Mayan Palace?/Vidanta Acapulco. Impressed. I don't even think we listened to any presentation. We have been to Vidanta Riviera Maya maybe 15 times...........

How and why we bought during the presentation in 2019 is a good ?. Hypnosis is my best guess. We ended up with a Grand Bliss right to use package pay as you go. ........ (refer back to being hypnotized). Sooooo we forgave ourselves .....

We hope to learn about what we bought into from other TUGG members on this forum when posted. :cool:

Hi @Mulli ,
I note you are from Bemidja Mn.
Hypnosis & Mexican sunshine works particularly well on folks from Minnesota- Wisconsin -Michigan - Canada etc.
LOL

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Brilliant. Absolutely true. Add a cervesa or 3 and a few drops of tequila and we are easy pickings. Vidanta properties are very nice and like I said
non-AI which is nice. We do AI for a week if we are staying in the area for 3 weeks or so. And the price of education can be costly sometimes.
Needed TUGG earlier in life. At the end of the day it is all good. We have forgave ourselves and moved on. And headed to PV Vidanta and
Buganvilias for November. And no sales updates! :cool:

Saildan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
I also received a letter from Timeshare Contract Review, like Multi did. "You may be impacted by fraudulent misrepresentation and you may be entitled to a partial for total refund." Yeah, right ... call or fill out an on-line form giving all you personal information, as well as contract details. My BS meter took a big swing!

Two scam alert sites gave them a 62% chance of being legit. I cannot find any other information about TCR. Has anyone actually contacted them at 888.684.1757?

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I also received a letter from Timeshare Contract Review, like Multi did. "You may be impacted by fraudulent misrepresentation and you may be entitled to a partial for total refund." Yeah, right ... call or fill out an on-line form giving all you personal information, as well as contract details. My BS meter took a big swing!

Two scam alert sites gave them a 62% chance of being legit. I cannot find any other information about TCR. Has anyone actually contacted them at 888.684.1757?

Welcome to TUG .
Lots of good & informative Vidanta threads in the Mexican Forum

I am glad your BS meter is in working order.

If they contacted you = SCAM
Your contact information was probably stolen or hacked and then sold to scammers
Now that it is "out there" you will 100% guaranteed be contacted by more scammers.

FYI -I was called more than once in Feb. while in Puerto Vallarta. I told them we were there using all our weeks
LOL

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
Welcome to TUG .
Lots of good & informative Vidanta threads in the Mexican Forum

I am glad your BS meter is in working order.

If they contacted you = SCAM
Your contact information was probably stolen or hacked and then sold to scammers
Now that it is "out there" you will 100% guaranteed be contacted by more scammers.

FYI -I was called more than once in Feb. while in Puerto Vallarta. I told them we were there using all our weeks
LOL
I'm not sure what it is about Mexican timeshares, but there's something even fishier about them than the US developers. My wife and I visited the El Dorado Casitas Royale several years ago and unwittingly sat through a TS presentation. We said no to whatever membership/ownership they were offering but agreed to do some kind of DAE trial package for something like $1,000. Turns out it was total garbage and totally unusable. Not long thereafter I started getting calls from scammers offering ridiculous amounts to buy our Mexican timeshare. We never owned a Mexican timeshare! And the only way the scammer could have gotten our information was from the developer whose presentation we sat through. I still wonder how that relationship works - who contacts who and who sells what.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I'm not sure what it is about Mexican timeshares, but there's something even fishier about them than the US developers. My wife and I visited the El Dorado Casitas Royale several years ago and unwittingly sat through a TS presentation. We said no to whatever membership/ownership they were offering but agreed to do some kind of DAE trial package for something like $1,000. Turns out it was total garbage and totally unusable. Not long thereafter I started getting calls from scammers offering ridiculous amounts to buy our Mexican timeshare. We never owned a Mexican timeshare! And the only way the scammer could have gotten our information was from the developer whose presentation we sat through. I still wonder how that relationship works - who contacts who and who sells what.
someone / an employee- internally stole & sold your contact information [probably not the developer]

Saildan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta

Update... Timeshare Contract Review is said to be a scam per AimFair. Other scam alert sites evaluate them at 62% or less. Since TCR contacted me with a snail mail letter, I know they are not legitimate. My post office address is hacked out there somewhere. :mad: