• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Sales Presentation, Nuevo Vallarta, dishonesty at its best!

gtbguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
This company continues to give time shares a bad reputation. We were in a sales meeting in July 22, where we were offered a new product, Jungle Aqua, a 2 bedroom for $99,000.00 US. After 4 hours we were offered an additional week for 10 years, and the price dropped to $16000.00 Canadian or $12500.00 US. They said these units were currently being built on the island near the Estates and available September 2023.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Agree, vidanta was the worst i'd been to

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
This company continues to give time shares a bad reputation.

I wouldn't say it's "this company [that] continues to give time shares a bad reputation." To me, it's the sales people and presentations that do. There are many happy Vistana TS "owners". And, from what I hear, many of the Vistana properties are nice. It's just the sales people who oversell the product leading to many unhappy "owners" who thought they were buying a product that would hold a good resale value.
[/QUOTE]

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I wouldn't say it's "this company [that] continues to give time shares a bad reputation." To me, it's the sales people and presentations that do. There are many happy Vistana TS "owners". And, from what I hear, many of the Vistana properties are nice. It's just the sales people who oversell the product leading to many unhappy "owners" who thought they were buying a product that would hold a good resale value.

It’s Vidanta OP is posting about, not Vistana. Still true, though.

rpennisi

Reaction score
I agree that Vidanta Sales is awful!!! The resorts, however, are really nice.
What do you think about meeting with Member Services this coming January to see if they would offer anything for me not reselling my MP units (for free) when the 25 years runs out? I have a few years left before that happens.
I was thinking they may want to do something in that there are so few MP units left in NV. I guess it can't hurt to ask (?)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
......we were offered a new product, Jungle Aqua, a 2 bedroom for $99,000.00 US.

After 4 hours we were offered an additional week for 10 years, and the price dropped to $16000.00 Canadian or $12500.00 US.

They said these units were currently being built on the island near the Estates and available September 2023.

Hi @gtbguy ,
Thanks for the update,

1) [Imperial] Jungle Aqua has been pitched by Vida Sales since approx. 2021

2) $ 99,000 was the intro / no one pays price.

3) The location in NV and suggested 2023 opening aligns with prior TUG reports.

4) The 16K cad / 12,5K usd for a 2 bedroom IJA unit is lower than previous reports on TUG.

Since this price was 4 hours into the presentation and you mention an "additional week offer "- you either had a great deal or you were being offered some kind of exit package and not a full deal Vidanta contract with registered weeks and an ARP of 6 months.

Here are some prior threads
March 2022 - Just Purchased a Vidanta Travel Club membership and want to know how bad my deal is
Jan 2022- Imperial Jungle Aqua

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What do you think about meeting with Member Services this coming January to see if they would offer anything for me not reselling my MP units (for free) when the 25 years runs out? I have a few years left before that happens.
I was thinking they may want to do something in that there are so few MP units left in NV. I guess it can't hurt to ask (?)

I think you may have to do a sales presentation first ;and enjoy the breakfast.
If you are not hungry it is always worth trying to bypass sales and have a meeting with VMS

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

Who knows. I doubt that they will do anything as changes make new contracts. As T-Dot says you probably would have to do the sales thing. :(

I know they sure want the old contracts back, because they have lower MF, are Registered weeks, and long term contracts instead of the 10 year ones where the Registered week becomes Residence weeks (aka VF). Those things could be selling points when you are in your last year for someone wanting to get in on the ground floor. :)

PanaJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
We attended an impromptu introductory Member refresh (as the guy referred to it) just to clarify our standing with a "resale" Mayan Palace Contract - they were basically offering over $20K in exchange for an upgrade that would still cost us out of pocket over $50K. As we were not interested in upgrading, we shut his sales spiel down pretty quick, and were able to get out of the meeting in less than 30min. It was worth the initial listen as we also learned more about our options with Vidanta (sales spiel but from a Member Services side)

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
Great great resorts. Honestly NV is probably the nicest resort I’ve been to. The sales team though? Absolutely awful. We are pretty good at deflection having done many presentations over the years, but Vidanta is rough. Nope never again. We own in the Grande Luxxe and according to them….. it’s worthless after 2024, I’m willing to pay the refurbishment fee but still they tell us NOPE.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Great great resorts. Honestly NV is probably the nicest resort I’ve been to. The sales team though? Absolutely awful. We are pretty good at deflection having done many presentations over the years, but Vidanta is rough. Nope never again. We own in the Grande Luxxe and according to them….. it’s worthless after 2024, I’m willing to pay the refurbishment fee but still they tell us NOPE.
Sales lies-

Pay the fee in 2024 and keep using what you bought.

PanaJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
So being relatively new to Timeshares - we were suckered into buying at a Riviera Maya presentation (rescinded the next morning - once we had a chance to actually discuss it between ourselves) We ended up purchasing an entry level at Mayan Palace via TUG......

Our last trip - we went through their owner update and were told our Mayan Palace contract was worth (to the sales guy at least) $50K, and we could use that equity to upgrade..... He shut up once we told him what we actually paid for the contract..... ($1000, with 2 free weeks) LOL

KS Wildcat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
This company continues to give time shares a bad reputation. We were in a sales meeting in July 22, where we were offered a new product, Jungle Aqua, a 2 bedroom for $99,000.00 US. After 4 hours we were offered an additional week for 10 years, and the price dropped to $16000.00 Canadian or $12500.00 US. They said these units were currently being built on the island near the Estates and available September 2023.
We just had a presentation last week for the new Deluxxe in PV, they said they are worth 990k, we are still negotiating for a package with 7 weeks for a 2BR w/ booking avail 12 mo’s ahead, 5 of the wks are RED weeks, plus 2 weeks at the new park, price of 110k. —- Thoughts??

KS Wildcat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
We just had a presentation last week for the new Deluxxe in PV, they said they are worth 990k, we are still negotiating for a package with 7 weeks for a 2BR w/ booking avail 12 mo’s ahead, 5 of the wks are RED weeks, plus 2 weeks at the new park, price of 110k. —- Thoughts??
Forgot to add, no assessment fees, 2 of the weeks expire in 10yrs, the other 5 weeks are 100yr - all contracts are fully transferable/sellable, but require an undisclosed closing cost

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

It's a nice place to winter and some people do spend a bunch to purchase there. I met many satisfied owners at the Grand Luxxe when we were there. We went on an exchange that cost us about $1,100 for a week in a 2 bed Grand Luxxe unit. 110K plus 16k for mf is affordable for many people and there are no resales yet. I think I would low ball them down to a third or half of what they want and see what happens. Then I would insist on golf privileges or what ever could be had. The worse that can happen is they say no.

Bill

KS Wildcat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
It's a nice place to winter and some people do spend a bunch to purchase there. I met many satisfied owners at the Grand Luxxe when we were there. We went on an exchange that cost us about $1,100 for a week in a 2 bed Grand Luxxe unit. 110K plus 16k for mf is affordable for many people and there are no resales yet. I think I would low ball them down to a third or half of what they want and see what happens. Then I would insist on golf privileges or what ever could be had. The worse that can happen is they say no.

Bill
Good input, thanks Bill

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It’s generally less expensive to just exchange in there and owning limits the level at which you can exchange in.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
[/QUOTE]
Lol vidanta and vistana are different companies. Vidanta is def one of the worst.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lol vidanta and vistana are different companies. Vidanta is def one of the worst.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, definitely. That was a mistake on my part, I should've said Vidanta.

KS Wildcat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Has anyone heard of the Vidanta Empire Estates? Supposedly under construction and all will have Ocean views?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Has anyone heard of the Vidanta Empire Estates? Supposedly under construction and all will have Ocean views?
I have heard of the Estates, but not Empire Estates.

You better get the guaranteed Ocean Views in writing or you will not get it. Also, if it is not built yet, things can change and those units might not have ocean views. Most people were told that the DeLuxxe units were all going to be ocean views and now we are hearing that is not true. There are folks who paid for the Kingdom of the Sun and other buildings in the new park that is not open. They got so many uses of the Park for their 1st 10 years and now it is time for their renewal and they have not gotten to stay there yet.

We have owned since 1999 and progressed from Sea Garden, to Mayan Palace, to Grand Mayan and then to Grand Luxxe and are happy with what we have. There is no need for us to go to an "update" because we do not plan to give them any more money. We can go 2 weeks a year in GL or do 4 weeks in Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan. We have not invested nearly as much as you are talking about. We could have gone 6 or more weeks any year if we had wanted to pay the User Fees for both our Registered and Residence weeks. But generally the Residence weeks cannot be used February - April. When we still lived in Kansas, they did not have GL, so we used 2 of our 4 MP and 2 GM weeks to spend the month of February in Mexio. Now that we live in AZ, we go at Thanksgiving and family joins us.

We already have reservations in Acapulco, Puerto Penasco, and Nuevo in 2023. Because ACA & PP do not have Grand Luxxe, we were able to split one of our weeks into a 2-bedroom GM in ACA and a 1-bedroom GM in PP. Then we have 1 week in GL 2-bedroom unit in NV.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
@pittle

The Grand Luxxe in Acapulco is scheduled to open early March 2023.

You might be able to exchange into the new GL, if you’re going in March or later.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
@pittle

The Grand Luxxe in Acapulco is scheduled to open early March 2023.

You might be able to exchange into the new GL, if you’re going in March or later.
I've heard that, but you never know for sure if they will open then.

Acapulco is where we bought in February 1999 and we decided to go for my birthday in late January for one last time there. This will be our first week of using our Sr. Certificates for free as my husband turned 77 earlier this month. :)

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Grand Luxxe is lovely, but the Vidanta sales staff is brutal and dishonest. We won't be staying with Vidanta again.