• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Rocky Point, Mexico

sullwoldholiday

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge, Wyndham Club
My wife and I along with our handicapped daughter are spending 6 days at the Mayan Palace in Rocky Point, Mexico. We just finished a sales presentation by the Vidanta team. Here are some points from the pitch.
1. They are not selling timeshares. They want you believe that you are purchasing a one month (4 week) private residence.
2. There is no maintenance fees.
3. Vidanta will provide an owner for not using two (2) weeks with a check of $5,000.00 per week or a total of $10,000.00. This only for two weeks.
4. For the timeshares my wife and I own they offered me $138,600.00.
5. Offered the Grand Luxxe for a price of $368,800.00 for four weeks.
6. You only pay if you use your week. One week studio is $800.00. One week 1 bedroom is $1,100.00 and a 2 bedroom is $1,700.00.
7. If you stay at a Vidanta resort and pay the fees you then get a credit for the same amount in Vidanta Travel program where they have access to 400,000 properties.
8. They are purchasing timeshares from customers to build up their holdings to offer to members.
9. Want me to pay closing costs of $1,985.00 for each timeshare program we own. my total would be $3,970.00.
10. When we declined the pressure increased. Vidanta made three (3) runs at my wife and I with lower costs and value.
Thought Tuggers would find this informative.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Better spot for this would be the Mexican Timesharing forum. A moderator (@Karen G?) could move it. Fairly typical Vidanta offerings; the resorts are great but sales practices not. Congrats on saying No!

dlferree

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are also at the Mayan Palace in Rocky Point and just finished their presentation. Very similar presentation as above with the exception of $52,000 for our timeshare and $137,700 to buy into Grand Mayan. My question is do they really buy your ts or do you end up stuck with your ts and also the new one as stated in numerous other threads on this board. Also as a final attempt to sell us something they offered us a 2 year trial plan for $2,200. Would that be worth buying.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
You will still own your timeshare. You will have to pay some company to sell it.

Pass on the 2 year trial.

sullwoldholiday

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The explanation that we were told was that Vidanta is purchasing your timeshare to build up external sites to offer thru Vida Travel to their members. What they did not explain was Vidanta paying the yearly maintenance fees. Furthermore the sales person said that through their program we could request a visit, but did not have any idea of the cost. Based upon what was shown to us and where I have stayed in the past those past resorts provided more bang for the buck.

dlferree

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They also stated in our presentation that they are purchasing the ts for additional ts inventory. I just don't trust them to actually buy it. Also unless someone gives additional reasons to purchase the trial package, I will follow pittle's advise and pass.

sullwoldholiday

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our in the Mayan Palace or Grand Mayan? My wife, daughter and I are going to the Fiesta Dinner tonight. You going?

dlferree

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I just now read your post. We are in the Mayan Palace and went to the kareoke last night in the lobby. We plan on leaving sometime Saturday.

Pari

Reaction score
We’re in Mayan palace now we went to presentation today. This is our 4th times. The last offer they give us its $1,950 for timeless vacation for 2 weeks per year for 10 year ( you pay $299 / 1 week) anywhere in the world . Is there anyone use the timeless website before ? They show us the hotels we can use there are very nice hotels but we’re not sure how easy to book with blackout date etc. so we say no.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We’re in Mayan palace now we went to presentation today. This is our 4th times. The last offer they give us its $1,950 for timeless vacation for 2 weeks per year for 10 year ( you pay $299 / 1 week) anywhere in the world . Is there anyone use the timeless website before ? They show us the hotels we can use there are very nice hotels but we’re not sure how easy to book with blackout date etc. so we say no.

It is an exit package - it is designed to fill Vidanta suites during shoulder seasons
so you will get access after those owners would bought “full packages “ with 6 month or 1 year advance reservation time lines - make their reservations.

For Rocky Point it would likely get you access from October to May
( I understand peak season at Rocky Point is summer when schools are out in Arizona)

For Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta - likely May to November
Peak season there is Christmas to after Easter / Mexican Holiday Weeks & snowbird season .

There are other ways to access Vidanta in Non peak season -.
RCI for instance .

Last edited:

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I don't believe vidanta is in the business of TS resale so it is not possible for them to purchase your TS, i.e. Wyndham, marriott, etc. In my experience vidanta is going to point a third party company to purchase your TS with upfront processing fees. I simply said no.

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 Plus using Tapatalk