• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Riviera Maya

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is weather like in mid October? What is the difference between Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss and Grand Mayan at RM Vidanta?
Also my son and family are going as my guests ( I am owner GL loft). Will they have same privileges, as I do?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I can answer your first two questions and offer my perspective.

I think mid-October could be a nice time to visit. Usually, it is past the time when a hurricane is likely to hit. The weather will still be warm and humid but not as hot as the summer.

One difference would be how upscale each brand feels. Grand Luxxe is their premium brand and the rooms are very large, have the nicest finishes and it feels the most upscale. Grand Luxxe is very elegant and beautiful. It is my first choice when staying with Vidanta especially if you can get their 3 or 4 bedroom units which are unique and spectacular. Grand Bliss is very nice and to me it feels like their transitional brand. Grand Mayan feels more average in terms of style and tends to get more wear and tear. You can’t go wrong with any of the units though. They are all really nice and much better than most American brands.

At Riviera Maya, the other difference would be where the various brands are located and which pools you can access. You should look at the map and see where the various hotels are located and where the pools are. Someone else can add more about what amenities go with each brand.

I would avoid the presentation if you can. Vidanta is wonderful expect for the sales people. They are the most aggressive sales people I have ever met.

I have a few questions for others:
-Is Jungala operating?
-What happened to the Grand Luxxe Jungle rooms? I do not see them on the website.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
........Grand Luxxe is very elegant and beautiful. It is my first choice when staying with Vidanta especially if you can get their 3 or 4 bedroom units Someone else can add more about what amenities go with each brand.

I would avoid the presentation if you can ........the sales people. They are the most aggressive........

-What happened to the Grand Luxxe Jungle rooms? I do not see them on the website.

The RM Jungle units are listed as Grand Luxxe 1 bedroom Deluxxe.
[since they were built on the footprint of a Mayan Palace 2 bedroom - they only come as a 1 bedroom and have a smaller balcony with no dipping pool]. They are the close to Jungala Water park .

IF survived - Vidanta sales presentations are a form of an inoculation against all other TS presentations.

Excluding unit square footage and decor - (IMO) the most significant amenity difference is pool hierarchy. You cannot use a pool above your brand level. It is enforced by the colour of your bracelet that also is your room key.

For exchanges - the resort fee currently is based on unit size - so a Mayan Palace 2 bedroom exchange pays the same fee as a Grand Luxxe 2 bedroom . To date- the exchanger resort fee for 3 & 4 bedroom GL units is the same
As for a 2 bedroom.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
The RM Jungle units are listed as Grand Luxxe 1 bedroom Deluxxe.
[since they were built on the footprint of a Mayan Palace 2 bedroom - they only come as a 1 bedroom and have a smaller balcony with no dipping pool]. They are the close to Jungala Water park .

IF survived - Vidanta sales presentations are a form of an inoculation against all other TS presentations.

Excluding unit square footage and decor - (IMO) the most significant amenity difference is pool hierarchy
You cannot use a pool above your brand level. It is enforced by the colour of your bracelet that also is your room key.

For exchanges - the resort fee currently is based on unit size - so a Mayan Palace 2 bedroom exchange pays the same fee as a Grand Luxxe 2 bedroom . To date- the exchanger resort fee for 3 & 4 bedroom GL units is the same
As for a 2 bedroom.

Is Jungala operating? I see it has a wave pool and lazy river. Has anyone been there? How is it?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Is Jungala operating? I see it has a wave pool and lazy river. Has anyone been there? How is it?
As far as I know, it is operating - maybe not every day. They have reduced the prices during the Covid time, but once the resort gets closer to full occupancy, the prices will go back up. They are listed as 1399 pesos ($70) per adult and children taller than 4 feet and 799 pesos($35) for Seniors and children shorter than 4 feet. They do give discounts for guests at the resort.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
As far as I know, it is operating - maybe not every day. They have reduced the prices during the Covid time, but once the resort gets closer to full occupancy, the prices will go back up. They are listed as 1399 pesos ($70) per adult and children taller than 4 feet and 799 pesos($35) for Seniors and children shorter than 4 feet. They do give discounts for guests at the resort.
Are those prices per week? Per day???

Kurt

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt

According to the brochure I have (from pre-COVID) a day pass is $79 USD/$59 USD.
I'm assuming the $59 USD is for guests at the resort.

There's a 5-day pass WITH one Joya (cirque du soleil) pass for $199 USD/adult

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

Kurt
Per day! It could get pricey for families!!! Last year the guest discount was 20 or 25%. off the posted price.