• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Riviera Maya - Shuttle/Transportation from airport question

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Is there a website or number to call to set-up transfer from Cancun airport to Vidanta? how far from arrival date can I book transportation? Is the transfer free?
Thank you

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
I finally found from reading other threads that Vidanta does not offer free transfer to resort anymore. Any suggestions re: reputable transfer company
Thank you!

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Is there a website or number to call to set-up transfer from Cancun airport to Vidanta? how far from arrival date can I book transportation? Is the transfer free?
Thank you

Yes they still do! Most people do not know about it.

If you follow the directions on the website I linked below, you can confirm and print your own voucher. The last thing Vidanta wants is for people landing at airport to be snatched up by other resorts while walking from Customs to the outside though The Timeshare Corridor of Horror.

Vidanta Resort Shuttle Service
https://shuttleservices.vidanta.com

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Yes they still do! Most people do not know about it.

If you follow the directions on the website I linked below, you can confirm and print your own voucher. The last thing Vidanta wants is for people landing at airport to be snatched up by other resorts while walking from Customs to the outside though The Timeshare Corridor of Horror.

Vidanta Resort Shuttle Service
https://shuttleservices.vidanta.com
Thank you!
This is the message I got
"we are sorry, this confirmation number does not qualify for the transportation service. please review the information provided."

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
We recently received a notice from Vidanta that the courtesy shuttle is now available only to Vidanta owners or those who are on the same reservation. So it appears that if you are coming on an exchange or renting from an owner the courtesy shuttle is no longer available.

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Thank you!
This is the message I got
"we are sorry, this confirmation number does not qualify for the transportation service. please review the information provided."
Try sending an email to this address with the bold info as a copy and paste - shuttleservice@vidanta.com

Dear RCI Guest.
Thank you for contacting us with your request for transportation from the airport to the resort.
It is our pleasure to provide you with this service.
In response to your question, Vidanta continues to provide this service at Cancun airport through a company named Cancun Bay Excursions.
In order for us to successfully create your transportation voucher it is absolutely essential that all the information below is provided.

PLEASE NOTE:
The confirmation cannot be sent and the transportation cannot be provided if any of this vital information is missing.

Hotel Reservation Number:

Primary Guest Traveling:

Hotel & Destination:

Airline:

Flight Number:

Arrival Date:

Arrival Time:

Number of Passengers Including Children:

Special Request / Comments:

Guest e-mail to send confirmation:

(If you require wheelchair assistance or child car seats, please add it under special requests.

This service must be reserved in advance. Therefore, in order to secure the transportation service the complete information must be received at least 5 business days prior to scheduled arrival date

We will always do our best to accommodate requests received after this period, however we are not able to guarantee the service. Please contact our Customer Care Department on the toll-free number 1-800-292-9446 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST. Wishing you a wonderful vacation and looking forward to seeing you soon,

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year when I arrived in Cancun, the free filled-to-capacity shared van to Vidanta was so bad I would rather have paid for my own taxi. A taxi would have been much faster. The seats in the van were all ripped up, and my seat had a broken safety belt.

Last edited: