• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta resort sale on RCI

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saw this today on RCI home page. Looked at it briefly as my internet kind of sucks in old Mexico sometimes. Looks like guest can now go without an owner and they have lowered the resort fees again. Very confusing really kind of reads like the bigger the room is the less amount a money the fee is.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it seems very odd (not so much the Guest Cert lifting) but the Resort fees going "opposite"?

Mine lists it very funky:
"Resort amenities fee is 400.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per 1B unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 550.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per 2B unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 250.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per Hotel unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 250.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per Studio unit, per reservation."

So I'm not sure if the 1 BR is $400 or $550. or the 2 BR is $550 or $250. Hotel unit at least is $250 (either before or after). Weird. Not sure what the difference is between "hotel" unit and Studio. I thought they were the same.

IF they're not, then I guess it's:
1 BR = $400
2 BR = $550
Hotel = $250
Studio = $250

This, BTW, if for the Nuevo Vallarta location via my RCI account via my HGV account.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is this only for the lower tiers? When I look up grand Bliss 6562 in NV it still says at the bottom:

This means RCI members can travel to any Vidanta ID only once every 3 years staying one week and in only one unit. Resort does not allow reservations with Guest Certificates. Rules are verified by name and membership - violations will be canceled

It looks like it says that for several different NV including Mayan Palace but in RM they are allowing consecutive and guest certs but as I saw several weeks ago if you use a guest cert the resort fee is much higher / Grand Mayan in RM 6974

you can only confirm Vidanta once in a period of 3 years (applies per Anniversary Year). These rules apply to all Vidanta IDs (Rule by Total Group). This means RCI members can travel to any Vidanta ID only once every 3 years. Rules are verified by name and membership - violations will be canceled. This resort allows additional multiple or consecutive units confirmed or guest certificate added however the resort fee that will apply for all additional units and/or guest certificate is: 450 USD per HOTEL 900 USD per 1BR 1,400 USD per 2BR This fee is per unit per reservation. This option does not exempt the 1 in 3 rule mentioned before. Multiple units require a guest certificate starting with the second unit.

In RM the fees are listed as
2BR $450 $1400 with guest cert or as a consecutive week
1BR $300 $900 with guest cert or as a consecutive week
studio and hotel $150 $450 with guest cert or as consecutive week

In NV no waivers and no guest certs
2BR $550
1BR $400
studio and hotel $250

in Cabos no waivers and no guest certs
2BR $550
1BR $400
studio and hotel $250

in Puerto Peñasco and Acapulco waivers of 1 and 3 and guest certs allowed
2BR $450 $1100 with guest cert or as a consecutive week or waived 1 in 3
1BR $300 $700 with guest cert or as a consecutive week or waived 1 in 3
studio and hotel $150 $450 ($350 in Acapulco) with guest cert or as consecutive week or waived 1 in 3

In PV waivers of 1 and 3 and guest certs allowed
2BR $450 $1400 with guest cert or as a consecutive week or waived 1 in 3
1BR $300 $900 with guest cert or as a consecutive week or waived 1 in 3
studio and hotel $150 $450 with guest cert or as consecutive week or waived 1 in 3

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @jules54 ,
We have RCI weeks / TPU's with TaraNova and are also Mayan Palace owners / 1 bd

The exceptions resort fee is approx. the cost of an owner MF for Mayan Palace .
$ 900 - 1 bedroom / $ 1400- 2 bedroom

+ $ 189 exchange fee until March 31
and some TPU's.

The deposits are all developer weeks -
so Vidanta is "saying" : we will allow exceptions to the 1 in 3 rule for a MF payment .
[ for certain locations / brands]

(ie) RM has a lot of Mayan Palace buildings , while in Nuevo there is just one.

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
Yes, it seems very odd (not so much the Guest Cert lifting) but the Resort fees going "opposite"?

Mine lists it very funky:
"Resort amenities fee is 400.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per 1B unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 550.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per 2B unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 250.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per Hotel unit, per reservation.Resort amenities fee is 250.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted. Mandatory resort fee per Studio unit, per reservation."

So I'm not sure if the 1 BR is $400 or $550. or the 2 BR is $550 or $250. Hotel unit at least is $250 (either before or after). Weird. Not sure what the difference is between "hotel" unit and Studio. I thought they were the same.

IF they're not, then I guess it's:
1 BR = $400
2 BR = $550
Hotel = $250
Studio = $250

This, BTW, if for the Nuevo Vallarta location via my RCI account via my HGV account.
I traded for a one bedroom GB suite with RCI that I used this past January. When I booked last May, the resort fee was $600 (the TPs needed was only 13). Then in November I received an email from RCI reminding me that I owed $400 dollars as a resort fee when I used the suite. Vidanta, regardless of the email I showed them, still charged $600 for the resort fee. When back home, RCI gave me a $200 coupon to use for my next trade fee.

My guess is the one bedroom suite is now $400.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Hi @jules54 ,
We have RCI weeks / TPU's with TaraNova and are also Mayan Palace owners / 1 bd

The exceptions resort fee is approx. the cost of an owner MF for Mayan Palace .
$ 900 - 1 bedroom / $ 1400- 2 bedroom

+ $ 189 exchange fee until March 31
and some TPU's.

The deposits are all developer weeks -
so Vidanta is "saying" : we will allow exceptions to the 1 in 3 rule for a MF payment .
[ for certain locations / brands]

(ie) RM has a lot of Mayan Palace buildings , while in Nuevo there is just one.
Makes sense.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What does TPU mean?
Trading Power units.
For RCI weeks accounts.

when you deposit a week - a value number is assigned to your deposit. RCI refers to this as Trading Power. TUG shorthand is TPU.

When you look on an RCI ( with a weeks account) there is a number needed (1-60 )
for getting a specific resort / week.

(Ie)/ xx resort in Myrtle Beach for a 4th of July week could be 45 TPU/ while a January week might be 10 TPU for the same resort.

You can combine and extend deposits for a fee.

In many ways it can be viewed as another virtual currency.

FYI - Vidanta exchanges are usually between 7-15 TPU's.
(ie) inexpensive for the resort quality that includes daily housekeeping and towels.

1 ) IMO Vidanta keeps this low to get newbie exchangers ,thereby keep Vida Sales busy.

2) IMO -the resort fee goes to their "hotel side" as operations income - since the deposits are all developer weeks .

Last edited:

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Saw this today on RCI home page. Looked at it briefly as my internet kind of sucks in old Mexico sometimes. Looks like guest can now go without an owner and they have lowered the resort fees again. Very confusing really kind of reads like the bigger the room is the less amount a money the fee is.
Not sure if this is correct based on my examination in II. As it reads:

"Fee Advisements
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Effective November 1, 2022: 0BED: USD 250. 1BED: USD 400. 2BED/LARGER UNITS: USD 550. Resort fee per unit/per week. Fee includes: Wi-Fi, maid service, access to gym, welcome cocktail, newspaper and internal transportation.

Confirmations made before November 1, 2022: Resort Fee: 0BED: USD 250; 1BED: USD 600; 2BED: USD 950. Resort fee per unit/per week. Fee includes: One way transfer for international flights from airport to resort, Wi-Fi, maid service, access to gym, welcome cocktail, newspaper and internal transportation. "

The way I read this, there is now a "Surcharge" in addition to the "Resort Fee". Again this is what I see in II; RCI may be handling things differently.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Not sure if this is correct based on my examination in II. As it reads:

"Fee Advisements
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Effective November 1, 2022: 0BED: USD 250. 1BED: USD 400. 2BED/LARGER UNITS: USD 550. Resort fee per unit/per week. Fee includes: Wi-Fi, maid service, access to gym, welcome cocktail, newspaper and internal transportation.

Confirmations made before November 1, 2022: Resort Fee: 0BED: USD 250; 1BED: USD 600; 2BED: USD 950. Resort fee per unit/per week. Fee includes: One way transfer for international flights from airport to resort, Wi-Fi, maid service, access to gym, welcome cocktail, newspaper and internal transportation. "

The way I read this, there is now a "Surcharge" in addition to the "Resort Fee". Again this is what I see in II; RCI may be handling things differently.
There have always been some additional taxes on Vidanta stays which they are rolling together as surcharges as described by II. They are usually not significant compared to the expense of the resort fee. They are dependent on the unit size but I think are in the $20-$60 per week type of a thing. Those are Mexican mandated things and not something that the resort controls.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded for a one bedroom GB suite with RCI that I used this past January. When I booked last May, the resort fee was $600 (the TPs needed was only 13). Then in November I received an email from RCI reminding me that I owed $400 dollars as a resort fee when I used the suite. Vidanta, regardless of the email I showed them, still charged $600 for the resort fee. When back home, RCI gave me a $200 coupon to use for my next trade fee.

My guess is the one bedroom suite is now $400.
Lucky that’s so unlike RCI. Maybe they are trying to be better.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Trading Power units.
For RCI weeks accounts.

when you deposit a week - a value number is assigned to your deposit. RCI refers to this as Trading Power. TUG shorthand is TPU.

When you look on an RCI ( with a weeks account) there is a number needed (1-60 )
for getting a specific resort / week.

(Ie)/ xx resort in Myrtle Beach for a 4th of July week could be 45 TPU/ while a January week might be 10 TPU for the same resort.

You can combine and extend deposits for a fee.

In many ways it can be viewed as another virtual currency.

FYI - Vidanta exchanges are usually between 7-15 TPU's.
(ie) inexpensive for the resort quality that includes daily housekeeping and towels.

1 ) IMO Vidanta keeps this low to get newbie exchangers ,thereby keep Vida Sales busy.

2) IMO -the resort fee goes to their "hotel side" as operations income - since the deposits are all developer weeks .
Thank you for taking time to explain this. Much appreciated!