• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Resort Fee

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi, somebody know the latest resort fee for 1br GM NV through Interval exchange, thanks in advance.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Per interval (2nd page when you go to confirm):
Confirmations made on or after July 10, 2020: 0BED: USD250. 1BED: USD 600. 2BED: USD 950. Resort fee per unit/per week. Resort fee includes: One way transfer for international flights from airport to resort. Welcome cocktail, newspaper, access to gym, maid service, santuario cover, internal transportation and Wi - Fi. Confirmations made on or before July 9, 2020: 0BED: USD252. 1BED: USD378. 2BED/LARGER UNITS: USD 630. Resort fee per unit/per week.

DenverMike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Confirmations made on or after July 10, 2020: 0BED: USD250. 1BED: USD 600. 2BED: USD 950. Resort fee per unit/per week. Resort fee includes: One way transfer for international flights from airport to resort. Welcome cocktail, newspaper, access to gym, maid service, santuario cover, internal transportation and Wi - Fi. Confirmations made on or before July 9, 2020: 0BED: USD252. 1BED: USD378. 2BED/LARGER UNITS: USD 630. Resort fee per unit/per week.
That’s different from my upcoming II confirmations for Grand Bliss??
Confirmations made on or after July 10, 2020: 0BED: USD200. 1BED: USD 450. 2BED: USD 700. Resort fee per unit/per week. Resort Fee includes: One way transfer for international flights from airport to resort. Welcome cocktail, newspaper, access to gym, maid service, internal transportation and Wi - Fi. ‚ Confirmations made on or before July 9, 2020: 0BED: USD168. 1BED: USD 252. 2BED: USD 420. Resort fee per unit/per week. Resort Fee includes: One way transfer to resort, welcome cocktail, newspaper, access to gym, maid service, internal transportation and Wi - Fi.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Confirmations made on or after July 10, 2020: 0BED: USD200. 1BED: USD 450. 2BED: USD 700. Resort fee per unit/per week. Resort Fee includes: One way transfer for international flights from airport to resort. Welcome cocktail, newspaper, access to gym, maid service, internal transportation and Wi - Fi. ‚ Confirmations made on or before July 9, 2020: 0BED: USD168. 1BED: USD 252. 2BED: USD 420. Resort fee per unit/per week. Resort Fee includes: One way transfer to resort, welcome cocktail, newspaper, access to gym, maid service, internal transportation and Wi - Fi.
The fees may vary depending on when the stay was confirmed. They change their fees more often than one changes their underwear.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The fees may vary depending on when the stay was confirmed. They change their fees more often than one changes their underwear.

Actually, the fees quoted by @DenverMike for Grand Bliss correspond to the fees at Vidanta Riviera Maya. The Vidanta resort fees are set by location and do get changed periodically based on when the exchange was made. They also vary based on the exchange mechanism used; RCI/II/Registry Collection are generally at the same resort fee level, ThirdHome is generally a uniform $42/day regardless of unit size, and SFX (which I believe is used for HGVC bookings) is $75/week. I think Elite Alliance has fees at the same level as ThirdHome, but don't use that one so I can't say for sure.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I used to make reservations with Travel 360 World to Go (FAVC travel site). This site sell ICE certificates with a profit and resort fee of $75, but now they canceled Many Mexican destinations

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club

We got all most of those things, if not all, when the resort fee was a fraction of this. Really, calling maid service part of a resort fee??

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We got all most of those things, if not all, when the resort fee was a fraction of this. Really, calling maid service part of a resort fee??
Yes, they added nothing except I believe you paid separately for wifi back when the rci resort fee was $75 or even $50 for the week.
They raised the resort fees because they use a reduction on the resort fees as incentive for the tour and to remove the objection, why should I buy when I can trade in for quite a bit less than the MF's. IMO there should be a tiered resort fee based on which level you are staying at so that MP cost less than GM, GB and GL. Not a huge difference but maybe 25-50 per step making MP and GM lower than what they currently charge and GB at the current rate and GL a little higher.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Yes, they added nothing except I believe you paid separately for wifi back when the rci resort fee was $75 or even $50 for the week.
They raised the resort fees because they use a reduction on the resort fees as incentive for the tour and to remove the objection, why should I buy when I can trade in for quite a bit less than the MF's. IMO there should be a tiered resort fee based on which level you are staying at so that MP cost less than GM, GB and GL. Not a huge difference but maybe 25-50 per step making MP and GM lower than what they currently charge and GB at the current rate and GL a little higher.

Yes, "back in the day" I think we paid in the $50-75 range too. The idea of paying $600 has killed any desire to back. Nice resorts, but not with $600+ to cover basic hotel amenities. I have to wonder how this strategy is working for them now we don't rent OR buy!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, "back in the day" I think we paid in the $50-75 range too. The idea of paying $600 has killed any desire to back. Nice resorts, but not with $600+ to cover basic hotel amenities. I have to wonder how this strategy is working for them now we don't rent OR buy!
I think they are doing fine. If you aren't willing to pay the $600, you certainly wouldn't be willing to buy and probably 50-70% of non prime time deposits were from unsold developer units. The exchange fee goes to RCI so they probably spent more in Maintaining those units, wear and tear etc and those resort amenities then your $75 covered. If you aren't going to buy then it is cheaper to allow those units to sit empty or allow owners to pay the fees to use as bonus weeks.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club
Hi! Does anyone know if the resort fee applies if you buy a getaway? I don't see any fine print on the getaway about resort fees.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi! Does anyone know if the resort fee applies if you buy a getaway? I don't see any fine print on the getaway about resort fees.
It does apply to getaways. It is on the same place it is for exchanges- page 2 under important advisement in II or the fee tab in RCI.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club
That's a bummer. No wonder why the getaway prices are so cheap.

rmelo99

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a bummer. No wonder why the getaway prices are so cheap.
We are at RM now and when planing our trip I did analysis of exchange/ using a certificate that interval gave us and getaway and the certificate was the cheapest route with usage fee and resort fee. Not bad we got a 2bed GB for little money. The resort fee is $700 and we get ~$425 back from attending the update. We’re pros and get through there in 90 mins without buying. Kind of a game we play.