• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta RCI Restriction Changes

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Vidanta has changed the restrictions on exchanges into Grand Luxxe through RCI Platinum Priority Access again. The restrictions no longer keep out Vidanta owners (except for GL Spa NV, which hasn't been changed, but might be in progress), but instead limit the number of multiple/consecutive exchanges as follows:

This resort does not allow multiple and / or consecutive confirmations with check-in within the following 2020 dates: JAN 03 - APR 16; JUN 19-25; JUL 10 - AUG 13; OCT 30 - NOV 26; DEC 18 - 31. Any violation to this policy will be canceled.​

This restriction applies to the non-platinum priority access resort id for GL NV (RB71) as well, but doesn't appear for the lower tier Vidanta resort codes I checked (GB & GM). They appear to have removed the no-upgrade restriction for Vidanta owners as well, though I didn't check all the possibilities. I only looked at RM and NV, too.

Strikes me that they are doing some inventory management and are a bit low on reservations or exchanges for 2020. I've had a couple of calls from Vidanta reservations in the last month or so asking if I need a reservation for the coming year (as an owner), which hadn't happened to me before.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Just noticed that Vidanta has also added a 1 in 2 rule to their resorts. I didn't check all of them, but it shows up on the GL ones and a random MP I checked. It's not completely clear how this would apply in general or in combination with the times for which multiple and consecutive reservations are allowed (i.e., would multiple or consecutive reservations be ok in separate Vidanta resort ids, and would they be permitted if using different exchange systems or accounts).

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! Will be interesting to see if they include II/SFX indeed. I have 2 upcoming trips to NV booked through II, and was hoping to get a 3/4 bedroom for fall 2021. Haven't seen any bulk deposit for fall 2021 in II yet. I haven't used the priority rci yet, but if I can't get a 3/4 bedroom in 2021 a 2 bedroom through rci would definitely be my next choice.