• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta RCI Questions

BC Bum

Reaction score
For purposes of the 1 in two rule can I make reservations at Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan in the same year? MP has a couple of resort IDs (6483 and 6635) for some reason and so does Grand Mayan. I want to use my registered week, my VF week and also get one or two more rooms through RCI all simultaneously. Will that work?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I did not think the 1-in rule applied to owners. SFX is also an option for Mayan World.

Flasher42

Reaction score
What is the 1 in 2 rule? I trade thru Interval and have made reservations at a vidanta the last 4 years swapping from RM and NV.
I'm under the assumption that if the website allows me to it must be OK?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
1 in x for Vidanta is an RCI rule. It doesn't apply to Interval or SFX.
This is what rci says" You can only confirm this resort I.D. once every 2 years and applies per anniversary year; Violations will be cancelled. "

So it sounds like each resort ID would have a separate 1 in 2 restriction.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
It was for my last reservation with an ICE certificate: members can only book 3 units per rolling 12 month period. The three reservations can be combined or separate, however multiple units cannot be reserved for the same travel dates***

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
For purposes of the 1 in two rule can I make reservations at Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan in the same year? MP has a couple of resort IDs (6483 and 6635) for some reason and so does Grand Mayan. I want to use my registered week, my VF week and also get one or two more rooms through RCI all simultaneously. Will that work?

Hi BC Bum,
Currently the 1 in 2 rule for Vidanta Resorts on RCI is by resort code .
I have booked since it was added.

1) duel RCI resort codes - 6483 / 6635 : TUG wisdom was that one was for developer deposits and one for owner
deposits. I believe this was true but that Vidanta now uses them (more) for some sort of inventory management as it is now 15 years since Grupo Mayan / Vidanta started selling contracts with MF on use only - and owner deposits are likely less common .

BC Bum

Reaction score
So it sounds like I can use my registered week, my VF week, and also RCI points, all at the same time, for the same week?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
For purposes of the 1 in two rule can I make reservations at Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan......... I want to use my registered week, my VF week and also get one or two more rooms through RCI all simultaneously. Will that work?

It looks like you are OK for multiple units via RCI from April 7 - June 18 2021.

There are date restrictions for 2021 now listed */ last time I looked it
was 2020 only . The date restrictions are for multiple & consecutive booking .

[*Check RCI Vidanta resort codes for details .]

grandmani10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have booked two grand luxxe units in NV for the week of 6/13/21 thru RCI-- planning a trip with my family. When I booked these on the phone, I specifically asked about the 1 in 2 rule and if it would be an issue -- the RCI rep worked with me and didn't think there would be, but now I am concerned. My question is -- what do others know as to actual cancellations under the 1 in 2 rule? Who actually does the cancellation and when? The units are for the same resort ID -- the current language says you can only confirm one Vidanta resort every two years--I have confirmed two units to one resort-- what are chances of this being canceled? thank you

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Assuming you booked into Resort ID RB71 for Grand Luxxe NV, what should help would be the restriction they have that says:

This resort does not allow multiple and / or consecutive confirmations with check-in within the following 2020 dates: JAN 03 - APR 16; JUN 19 - 25; JUL 10 - AUG 13; OCT 30 - NOV 26; DEC 18 - 31. 2021: JAN 01-APR 07, JUN 18-23, JUL 09-AUG 11, OCT 29-NOV 24, DEC 17-22, DEC 24-29. Any violation to this policy will be canceled.

Since the week you booked is not one of the weeks listed, you should be able to have multiple confirmations for the same week. You can contact the Vidanta reservation line at 800-292-9446 after a few days have passed and the reservations have been transmitted from RCI to verify that they exist in their system and are still valid. If you have issues, try quoting the language on the restrictions for multiple confirmations; they are pretty good about sticking to the guidelines they set up in the exchange systems.

BTW, for RB71, the current language is "You can only confirm this resort I.D. once every 2 years and applies per anniversary year; Violations will be cancelled." If you have RCI Platinum, you can book some of the other Grand Luxxe NV Resort IDs, which have the following restrictions (quoted from DI52, Grand Luxxe Spa):

* Consecutive reservations must start on the same day of the week and multiple reservations must be confirmed in same regions. You can only confirm this resort I.D. once every 2 years and applies per anniversary year; Violations will be cancelled.

"Vidanta owners cannot confirm this inventory through RCI. "INVENTORY FOR PLATINUM PARTNERS ONLY.

It does look like the restrictions to 1 Vidanta resort every 2 years are listed on the Platinum inventory for the GL Suite and GL Villa weeks, though they also have the multiple/consecutive restrictions. If you booked a couple of those and are worried about it, you might switch to one week using RB71 and one using DI52.

grandmani10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I had the same thought too ad to D152, etc....but they didn't have the exact same check in date. My reservations are for RB71 and I did call RCI this morning and they said I am ok because I booked multiple weeks starting the same day. I think I will call Vidanta just to be sure. I appreciate your input.
BTW for anyone interested, the person I spoke with was in Mexico City and they don't know when the resorts will be open -- are hoping for June, but he said Mexico City is on the rise with the virus similar to New York.......