• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta, PV, second thoughts, still here ADVISE

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how it happened but me and my girlfriend purchased a timeshare with Vidanta 100 years 2 weeks with 2 extra weeks that upon researching are so confusing my head is spinning.

I'm still on property (purchased yesterday) what's best way to rescind stop this contract . She put down on credit card should she call now. Should I just go over to office and tell them to cancel

Are main reason for buying was ability to exchange for other properties world wide particularly Europe . But SFX. Has very little too offer

She used a timeshare she owned as down omg the presentation just went on and on and on totally word down and spent

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't find ANY reference to rescinding on any of the sales paperwork they gave me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junaella

Reaction score
Read the 1st sticky thread on this forum. I'm new here and learned a lot from browsing the threads. Is it a TS in Mexico?

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the clause and it also said bring paperwork to office so I'm still here will do that wish for best

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
At minimum, you will need a written letter stating that you wish to rescind the contract. It must be signed by both yourself and your girlfriend. It should be dated and contain the contract information. If you are handing it in person along with the materials get a receipt. If their is an owners services area, go there instead of the sales department. Do not talk to sales they will try to talk you out of it and bombard you with additional offers.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Expect much pressure from them if you express a wish to rescind. Expect 'special deals'. Expect 'your reason isn't good enough'.

If it gets too rough for you to deal with, there is a PROFECO (the Mexican consumer affairs office that deals with timeshare sales) office there. I don't know exactly where it is, but it seems to me that I read a post that said it was near the PV airport somewhere. I'll try to get a phone number so you can ask them.

Here it is: The Profeco has a dedicated office to assist non-Mexicans who are already outside the country, the Conciliation a Extranjeros. You can reach them by email at extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx or by phone at one of the following numbers:
(0155) 52 11 17 23,
(0155) 56 25 67 00,
(01 800) 46 88 722

Good luck. Just don't give them any chance. Be strong. You don't have to provide a reason. Just tell them that you need to study the contract and get advice from trusted advisors who have no skin in the game. For now you want to rescind. Period.

Jim

Last edited:

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
You guys thanks so much I will let you know how it goes -/ sure messes with the vacation mood

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You guys thanks so much I will let you know how it goes -/ sure messes with the vacation mood

Yup. Sure does.

I did a Vida presentation last month. Their BIG deal was that "if not used, you don't have to pay Maintenance fees" I countered that with, "Well, if I DON'T buy, I don't have to pay MF either, and I can rent anywhere in Mexico for a hundred years for less than their buy-in price" They have no answer.

Keep us informed.

Be prepared to be treated like a pariah by the salesweasels after you get the rescission behind you.

Jim

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
tschwa2 is giving you good info /. other TUG threads say same

At minimum, you will need a written letter stating that you wish to rescind the contract. It must be signed by both yourself and your girlfriend. It should be dated and contain the contract information. If you are handing it in person along with the materials get a receipt. If their is an owners services area, go there instead of the sales department. Do not talk to sales they will try to talk you out of it and bombard you with additional offers.

The owner service / contract dept for Vidanta is professional and will do what you ask
You will get pitched improvements or a better price etc. but if you say no - it is not what you want ( more than once to more than one person ) you will accomplish your goal .Consider it like returning clothes that you bought but decided did not fit your style .

The reason for doing your rescinding on site is that you know it is done .
Doing it by mail ( with a receipt ) means you do not have to talk to anyone - but you may keep worrying during the rest of your vacation .

Your choice

If you read other TUG threads in the Mexican TS forum
Visa/ Vidanta / Mayan you will get more information - if needed

Last edited:

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
The owner service / contract dept for Vidanta is professional and will do what you ask
You will get pitched improvements or a better price etc. but if you say no - it is not what you want ( more than once to more than one person ) you will accomplish your goal .Consider it like returning clothes that you bought but decided did not fit your style .

The reason for doing your rescinding on site is that you know it is done .
Doing it by mail ( with a receipt ) means you do not have to talk to anyone - but you may keep worrying during the rest of your vacation .

I agree; do it on site with a member services contracts person and get a receipt that you did. I have found dealing with the contracts people very professional - as opposed to the sales people.

Mike

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX

My friend purchased A timeshare from the Vidanta. Part of her goal was to be able to exchange it. My research shows that SFX does not seem to have as many options as interval. I'm worried for her. Also it's unclear what her exchange fees will be with Vidanta not to mention what the heck are Vidanta weeks. Sigh I think she should rescind but she is holding out while time is running out.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No cure for stupid. .accept and move on.. especially if they won't listen to reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
If she is within her rescission period, please have her rescind! Trading into a Vidanta property is very easy, and renting is cheaper than owning there.

Kurt

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, SFX has far fewer resorts to exchange into, and one can rent at Vidanta (or other Mexican resorts easily and cheaply) She absolutely should rescind. She has just one chance to do that or be faced with maintenance and membership fees unt
She should look for a TS on the resale market il she can find someone to give it to, and their transfer fees are huge. They are VERY difficult to sell.

She should look for a resale TS that exchanges through I.I. or RCI if her intention is to exchange.

Jim

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Some people love SFX and would not switch back to RCI or II if you paid them. It works well for some people. I wouldn't buy anywhere retail hoping that SFX or any other exchange company would work for me without doing extensive research.

Buying resale Vidanta isn't really an option because of the way they structure their contracts. There are lots of happy Vidanta owners but I haven't heard of any happy owners who bought retail with the intention of exchanging elsewhere most of the time. Those end up being the unhappy owners. There are Vida owners that exchange on a regular basis here on TUG. I get the impression that they either picked up resale contracts back when there ones without the present restrictions or purchased long enough ago that they are at peace with their purchase. It seems to me that there are no new retail buyers that bought with the intention of traveling elsewhere that are happy or even satisfied with the purchase and exchanges as a whole.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please let your friend know that buying a timeshare to be able to make exchanges can be done for the buy in cost of $1. Have her look at the Bargain Basement here. Some don't even cost $1.

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm heading downstairs to find out where contracts is. Wish me luck

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Best wishes! Please let us know what happens.

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks -- have to go back 900 am tomorrow but everyone was nice. Still I'm sweating it till its done

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thanks -- have to go back 900 am tomorrow but everyone was nice. Still I'm sweating it till its done

If you wait until tomorrow you will be past your 5 day rescind period.

They are trying to screw you.

Go back today and demand to see someone and hand in your rescind letter.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just in case they are trying to delay you until the rescission period has expired (would they do that- YOU BET), get a letter in to the mail TODAY that says, something like:

I/We wish to rescind and cancel contract #______________ Dated __/02/2016.

Signed__________ Husband
Signed__________ Wife

It really doesn't need to be anything more complex than this to show your intention. Get it hand cancelled if you can't send it by whatever the Mexican equivalent to Certified Mail is.

Don't delay. This means tens of thousands of dollars to you. A little inconvenience is worth the peace of mind.

Jim

lorribarnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did this in Cabo and you have to send dhl within 5 days

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Contract says five business days signed Saturday Sunday is considered non-business day so Thursday is good also contracts assured me by making appointment I was also covered. This is miserable stress to have vacation.