• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta owner's update and travel gifts through Privileges Redemption Center

Jodyv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week, on a cruise stop in Puerto Vallarta, we visited a Vidanta property for an owner's update. The premiums we were promised were a 2000 cruise credit and two airline tickets through a company called GII. First, the property is beautiful and luxurious. It IS a little far from town. The cruise credit is through a company called Privileges Redemption Center. It appears to me that the credit has no value. It looks like I can get a cruise for the same amount as the discounted cruise without using a voucher. Has anyone used either of these companies? Are they a legitimate premium, or a waste of time to pursue?
All in all, the update went well and was not the pressure push I expected from Vidanta. We may even stay there. (So far, our unused Vidanta purchase has been a sore subject....) And if our cruise credit is worth nothing, well.....we DID get lunch and a bottle of tequila....But if we can use those vouchers, well, I'd like to know others' experiences.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Last week, on a cruise stop in Puerto Vallarta, we visited a Vidanta property for an owner's update.
The premiums we were promised were a 2000 cruise credit and two airline tickets through a company called GII.

The cruise credit is through a company called Privileges Redemption Center.

Privileges Redemption Center is a brand of Arrivia - (small print when you google PRC)
Arrivia was formerly named ICE - International Cruise and Excursions. They have been a long time "partner "of Vidanta's .

I have no idea of the real dollar value of the cruise credit.

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
ICE used to be stand-alone company that we got with Vidanta for cruise opportunities, then was rolled in with SFX. We have never been interested in taking a cruise, so have not checked into it. But, like most things, you get what you pay for - so if it was "Free", it may not be worth anything. Years ago, HSI was added to our contract at Buganvilias. HSI also had ICE cruise and "free" tickets, but there was a "catch" in there somewhere and the free tickets did not work out, so we did not find any value with that and did not renew that membership.

fly2sun

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
(So far, our unused Vidanta purchase has been a sore subject....) And if our cruise credit is worth nothing, well.....we DID get lunch and a bottle of tequila....But if we can use those vouchers, well, I'd like to know others' experiences.
Do you rent your unused Vidanta weeks? I only see a few on Marketplace…

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Resort Certificates, Cruise Certificates, Airline Certificates are known to not be worth the paper they are printed on. Zero. They pay NOTHING to the company that provides them. The company backing the certificates, sells you to another resort for a presentation, which is how they make their money.