• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta or Garza Blanca, or did you fall for both?

AlexaV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Bliss
Park Royal
Garza Blanca
Hello fellow TUGGers!

Please vote which one you prefer, Vidanta or Garza.

My story:
We’ve been Vidanta owners since 2018, started at Grand Mayan 1BR and then upgraded to Grand Bliss 1BR. We’ve been to NV and we loved it there. Also visited Vidanta Cabo, and it was nice, not as big, beautiful resort overall. In our experience, no rooms had panoramic ocean views. However, you get the all-in-one resort with everything on site -lots of upscale restaurants, entertainment, etc. We usually stay at the resort and maybe get out for one excursion.
During one of Vidanta sales we signed up for Garza Blanca timeshare tour for discounted tickets promo. Didn’t buy it that time, however, we were impressed with their breakfast buffet choices, live music during breakfast, and that all the rooms had the feel of Grand Luxxe. So for my husband’s 50th birthday and our 10yr anniversary this year, I booked a trip through Costco Travel to Garza Blanca Cabo. It was $8000 for 3 adults and 2 kids AI, we also got $300 back as Costco card. During that trip we bought into a studio as we can now book vacations at half Costco price or even cheaper. They allow acceleration of contract, so even if we need to accelerate and use 3 sets of points in a year for 2BR, it would be half the Costco price. I couldn’t find exchanges into Garza Blanca, otherwise that would be a better way to go. Also they don’t trade resale as the points get converted into UVC points, in my understanding. Their resorts have great locations and are easy to get out of. Food is amazing, attention we received was top notch. Sales people are not too aggressive LOL
So just curious if TUG members have preference to one or another. Where do you think the owners are treated better? P.S. We haven’t been to Garza as owners yet…

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Vida Lifestyle website used to have Garza Blanca Puerto Vallarta week in 2022. Price was from above $2000 a week. But I don't see any availability in 2023.

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
We just bought Garza Blanca through a bankruptcy sale and are going on December 10th.
Haven’t been to any Vidanta resorts to compare, but I can tell you GB rents quickly. Our resale came with oodles of banked points. Used lots for our reservations of extended family, but had leftover points to rent. Offered two two bedroom oceanfront rooms in December. Both were snapped up quickly.
Very excited to go!
*FYI. There is a VDP contract available through this bankruptcy site. If anyone is interested in finding out more details, PM me.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just bought Garza Blanca through a bankruptcy sale and are going on December 10th.
Haven’t been to any Vidanta resorts to compare, but I can tell you GB rents quickly. Our resale came with oodles of banked points. Used lots for our reservations of extended family, but had leftover points to rent. Offered two two bedroom oceanfront rooms in December. Both were snapped up quickly.
Very excited to go!
*FYI. There is a VDP contract available through this bankruptcy site. If anyone is interested in finding out more details, PM me.

Congrats! Garza is a gorgeous resort and the service is top notch. Much prefer Garza over Vidanta. Vidanta is too large for my taste and for me the units are too far from the beach. I want to be able to hear the ocean and waves from my balcony or have a gorgeous panoramic view like Garza from the mountainside units

AlexaV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Bliss
Park Royal
Garza Blanca
Vida Lifestyle website used to have Garza Blanca Puerto Vallarta week in 2022. Price was from above $2000 a week. But I don't see any availability in 2023.
That’s good to know! We’re planning on returning to GB Cabo in summer 2023, and our friends wanted to join but we don’t have enough points… I joined the group for renting from owners, but I’ll check Vida Lifestyles later in 2023 as well. Thank you for the info!

Shayo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Totally new here. Not sure if I can post on this thread or if I need to start another but please bear with me. We recently went to on vacation to Cancun and stayed at GB. Booked on their website. Didn't even know it was a timeshare. We loved it and my husband and I ended up buying a GB membership after attending one of the presentations. We've never owned a time share it anything like that. Now we are back and trying to figure out how to go about actually renting it out (one of the main reasons we bought it). We have 5000 points that we can rent out. Found this group in my research. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

rpennisi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Totally new here. Not sure if I can post on this thread or if I need to start another but please bear with me. We recently went to on vacation to Cancun and stayed at GB. Booked on their website. Didn't even know it was a timeshare. We loved it and my husband and I ended up buying a GB membership after attending one of the presentations. We've never owned a time share it anything like that. Now we are back and trying to figure out how to go about actually renting it out (one of the main reasons we bought it). We have 5000 points that we can rent out. Found this group in my research. Appreciate any help.

Thanks
If the sales person sold you the timeshare with the proposal that you will make money by renting your unit, then you will probably lose out. If you never owned a time share as you mentioned, then you should rescind if you are still within 5 business days of purchasing. Learn more about it, you can always buy again in the future for the same price.

sukibear

Reaction score
Very excited to go!

Is the VDP contract still available?

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
I would think so. BK Assets. Check it out online. They may not have you pay back MFs. I didn’t have to on mine.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Tres Rios and Vidanta
That’s good to know! We’re planning on returning to GB Cabo in summer 2023, and our friends wanted to join but we don’t have enough points… I joined the group for renting from owners, but I’ll check Vida Lifestyles later in 2023 as well. Thank you for the info!
Hello, I have received an e-mail supposedly from Vidanta member services giving the name of a company for us to contact if we want to sell or rent our fractional membership. Do you think it is legitimate?

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Hello, I have received an e-mail supposedly from Vidanta member services giving the name of a company for us to contact if we want to sell or rent our fractional membership. Do you think it is legitimate?
I own Vidanta, and they mentioned that in the sales meeting. Never once have I tried it because it seemed like a scam.

I could be wrong, but Vidanta always gave me the feel that they are a bunch of hustlers and you should never trust anything they say. Don't get me wrong, I love the resorts, but IMO they are more dishonest than your average timeshare company.

AlexaV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Bliss
Park Royal
Garza Blanca
I own Vidanta, and they mentioned that in the sales meeting. Never once have I tried it because it seemed like a scam.

I could be wrong, but Vidanta always gave me the feel that they are a bunch of hustlers and you should never trust anything they say. Don't get me wrong, I love the resorts, but IMO they are more dishonest than your average timeshare company.
I agree with you on that! They go to great lengths to sell, and lots of lying. You have to be very careful and read your contract very attentively right there, hopefully, not under influence… always remember, what’s not in writing, doesn’t exist (that’s true with any other contracts by the way). It seems like a few people were able to negotiate better deals with Vidanta, Senior Certificates would totally be worthy of getting membership with Vidanta, but they were discontinued. But I wouldn’t trust any communication that we receive in regards to getting our money back or someone paying lots of money to rent fractional membership.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
i will admit, one time a vidanta sales rep wasn't letting me leave . . . even physically blocked the door. so i asked him if i could buy the timeshare he was selling, but only if his manager confirmed that i have a 5 day cancellation. i bought it, i got to my room, i cancelled it. :cool:
I agree with you on that! They go to great lengths to sell, and lots of lying. You have to be very careful and read your contract very attentively right there, hopefully, not under influence… always remember, what’s not in writing, doesn’t exist (that’s true with any other contracts by the way). It seems like a few people were able to negotiate better deals with Vidanta, Senior Certificates would totally be worthy of getting membership with Vidanta, but they were discontinued. But I wouldn’t trust any communication that we receive in regards to getting our money back or someone paying lots of money to rent fractional membership.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
i will admit, one time a vidanta sales rep wasn't letting me leave . . . even physically blocked the door. so i asked him if i could buy the timeshare he was selling, but only if his manager confirmed that i have a 5 day cancellation. i bought it, i got to my room, i cancelled it. :cool:

Why did you buy it?

AlexaV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Bliss
Park Royal
Garza Blanca
That is very strange! We’ve been to several updates and they were all friendly. So far only one lady in Cabo got annoyed that we didn’t buy as we spent almost all day with her just to walk away. And the only reason we didn’t upgrade because she was very firm and didn’t want to accept our offer. She was upset, but still professional. It was kind of funny and we were sorry for her. The main goal if you do update, is to cut through the chase and get your hands on the contract so you can read what’s in it. If something was verbally stated but not written in the contract, make sure they add an addendum.

Baguepii

Reaction score
If you like to be tied with mandatory fee go with Garza blanca