• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta NV - GM or GB or GL? (children)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
On my last stay I was offered excursions in exchange for attending the presentation. Can I ask for a better location and excursions when offered the presentation? What is the likelihood of getting both?
Absolutely you can ask / the person signing you up has a quota , a budget and a boss.

The one area that does not seem negotiable is the 10% off food - meals etc. I believe this discount come out of the "hotel side" operations [ ie - not from the VIDA sales budget]

Here is my overview.
1) room upgrade - this is a primary carrot offered - that operationally cost nothing. It is based on available rooms that specific check in day.

[ note - a lot of people just ask for ocean view - same brand same unit size. Let's use GM NV as an example - multiple buildings with half the units are resort view & half ocean view. Hypothetically - 100 units (50/ /50)! are cleaned & available on Friday at 4 pm. The first 50 people checking in turn down a presentation and get garden view - you check in at 6 pm and turn down a presentation - you still end up being given ocean view because that is what is cleaned and available . ....Obviously the real world details are a lot more nuanced and are also dependent on the occupancy levels / time of year.]

2) two free massages and free taxi back to the airport - cost to the Vida Sales budget -approx $25 each.

3) 50% off the resort fee if you are a RCI or II exchanger - the resort fee likely goes to the "hotel,side operation since these are developer deposits - and the "net minimum revenue required" by Vidanta is (IMO) the 50% number. IF the exchange is through SFX the resort fee is $75 ( and how Vidanta & SFX split the total revenue is (IMO) different. The resort fee reduction is done in the form of a resort credit. - so the money you "save " you "spend" on resort meals etc.
If you are an owner and not paying the resort fee - realize that the VIDA Sales budget might have some resort fee credit option - if you negotiate.

4) Excursions - this is a win for everyone in a sense. You get something for going to the presentation that you view as a "retail"dollar value . The Vida Sales budget pays a bulk wholesale cost , and the excursion operator has a steady flow of daily scheduled numbers.

Basically - go with a plan and negotiate / IF your willing to go - make going to the presentation worthwhile to you.

Last edited:

Awatts11

Reaction score
You are at your best bargaining position for updates if you have an offer already from the body snatchers at the airport. My understanding is that the sales recruiters at check in generally honor what you had from them.
Oh, the joys of the PV airport! Seems like Vidanta owns the airport based upon their advertising presence. The last time I was there was 4 years ago and Vidanta ads were everywhere. I am not thrilled with the idea of attending a presentation. We have enjoyed this resort's amenities, but the sales presentation is intense.

Awatts11

Reaction score
Absolutely you can ask / the person signing you up has a quota , a budget and a boss.

The one area that does not seem negotiable is the 10% off food - meals etc. I believe this discount come out of the "hotel side" operations [ ie - not from the VIDA sales budget]

Here is my overview.
1) room upgrade - this is a primary carrot offered - that operationally cost nothing. It is based on available rooms that specific check in day.

[ note - a lot of people just ask for ocean view - same brand same unit size. Let's use GM NV as an example - multiple buildings with half the units are resort view & half ocean view. Hypothetically - 100 units (50/ /50)! are cleaned & available on Friday at 4 pm. The first 50 people checking in turn down a presentation and get garden view - you check in at 6 pm and turn down a presentation - you still end up being given ocean view because that is what is cleaned and available . ....Obviously the real world details are a lot more nuanced and are also dependent on the occupancy levels / time of year.]

2) two free massages and free taxi back to the airport - cost to the Vida Sales budget -approx $25 each.

3) 50% off the resort fee if you are a RCI or II exchanger - the resort fee likely goes to the "hotel,side operation since these are developer deposits - and the "net minimum revenue required" by Vidanta is (IMO) the 50% number. IF the exchange is through SFX the resort fee is $75 ( and how Vidanta & SFX split the total revenue is (IMO) different. The resort fee reduction is done in the form of a resort credit. - so the money you "save " you "spend" on resort meals etc.
If you are an owner and not paying the resort fee - realize that the VIDA Sales budget might have some resort fee credit option - if you negotiate.

4) Excursions - this is a win for everyone in a sense. You get something for going to the presentation that you view as a "retail"dollar value . The Vida Sales budget pays a bulk wholesale cost , and the excursion operator has a steady flow of daily scheduled numbers.

Basically - go with a plan and negotiate / IF your willing to go - make going to the presentation worthwhile to you.
Thank you! I agree with your assessment. If we do attend the presentation it definitely must be worthwhile. We will be there in two weeks. I will share a follow up post after our trip.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are at your best bargaining position for updates if you have an offer already from the body snatchers at the airport. My understanding is that the sales recruiters at check in generally honor what you had from them.

Uggh