• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta Which Buildings Are Open?

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We're headed to Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta in two days. I own at the Mayan Palace level, but when I received our reservation, it said we would be staying in the Grand Bliss. I called, and the customer service agent said it was due to building closures.

Now, I'm hearing reports from people there that the Grand Bliss building is closed? I'm just wondering where they are going to put us. Is Grand Luxxe the only buildings currently open? If so, it's a GREAT time to travel, haha.

To be honest, as long as we're not in the Sea Garden, and the lazy river is open, we're going to have a great time!

Thanks,

Tom

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I found this on facebook it was posted yesterday morning by someone who is there.
NUEVO VALLERTA update
Besides draining the lakes due to the massive construction, 2 pools have been taken out. Both are close to the beach. The map lists these as the Mayan Palace Pool and the Grand Bliss Pool.
The beach is open but you can only access it by the turtle farm. So from Grand Luxxe Tower 1 you have a walk.
The Grand Bliss building is currently closed.
The Grand Mayan pool near the Turtle farm is closed.

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Vidanta today, and the representative said that they were opening the Grand Bliss building today (10/9). The app still shows it closed, so I guess we're in for a surprise. :) :) : )

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I called Vidanta today, and the representative said that they were opening the Grand Bliss building today (10/9). The app still shows it closed, so I guess we're in for a surprise. :) :) : )
musictom- please post some further info - during or after your vacation.

I am confident Vidanta’s staff will work very hard to make everything enjoyable for their guests.

Madgeik

Reaction score
musictom- please post some further info - during or after your vacation.

I am confident Vidanta’s staff will work very hard to make everything enjoyable for their guests.
We are there now, staying in the Grand Mayan. Most restaurants are open, the lazy river is open. Not too crowded, lots of chairs available at the pools. The weather is perfect-warm but not too humid. Masks are required in the buildings but doesn’t seem to be strictly enforced. Temperature checks and hand sanitizer are both widely used. All in all very enjoyable!

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from another lovely Vidanta getaway. We are MP level members. Vidanta NV put us in the Grand Bliss, but with Mayan Palace wristbands. So as far as pool access, we were "limited" to the Grand Bliss pool. It was never very crowded, although when we left (Saturday), it seemed as if a lot more people were coming in.

I spoke with a Grand Bliss owner, and Vidanta moved them to the Grand Luxxe. I am assuming they received GL bracelets, as most of the people at the GB pool had MP bracelets.

I had heard conflicting reports about MP people able to use the Grand Mayan pool/lazy river, so I tried myself. I didn't try to sneak in, but walked into the lazy river with my MP bracelet very much in view. The lifeguard politely informed that this facility was for GM and up only. Honestly, he was a lot more embarrassed than I was: I didn't think I'd have access, but several others told me that wasn't the case, so I thought I'd try it.

We could have received GB bracelets if we went to the owner's update, but the lazy river wasn't worth that level of hell to us. :)

There is still a ton of construction going on, most of the rivers/lakes are drained, and only the Norman golf course was open. I would say most of the walkways are blocked or being worked on, so you have to either be creative, or take shuttles everywhere.

Even if the week was a bit, Vidanta "lite", we still had an amazing week!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We just returned from another lovely Vidanta getaway. We are MP level members. Vidanta NV put us in the Grand Bliss, but with Mayan Palace wristbands......

.......We could have received GB bracelets if we went to the owner's update, but the lazy river wasn't worth that level of hell to us. :)

at minimum : Purgatory
musictom - thank you for posting a post vacation update on how it went.
everything sounds well organized & structured to keep guests happy and safe.

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
at minimum : Purgatory
musictom - thank you for posting a post vacation update on how it went.
everything sounds well organized & structured to keep guests happy and safe.

As far as covid goes, I felt safer at Vidanta than I do many places here in the USA. Temperature checks, hand sanitizer, EVERY employee is masked. There were a few guests that should have been masked, but very few, and hardly any indoors. Lots of social distancing observed.

It's interesting: every so often, (while dining out on the property), we'd hear a "chime" go off -- for ascending tones (playing a C major chord if anybody cares, haha!). I finally asked our server what that meant, and he pointed to his hip bound hand sanitizer and applied to his hands. Every 30 minutes, this reminder goes off, and all employees reapply their hand sanitizer.