• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Grand Mayan Playa

DenverMike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Im currently at Vindata Grand Bliss. Met with sales today. Negotiated 2 weeks a year for studio for $12,500. Is that a fair price??

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Im currently at Vindata Grand Bliss. Met with sales today. Negotiated 2 weeks a year for studio for $12,500. Is that a fair price??
Since you don't know if you got a good deal or not, take advantage of your right to rescind this purchase within five days. Don't go back to the sales dept., but go to the member services dept. Do some research and become an educated consumer. What other item would you spend thousands of dollars on just based on what the salesman is telling you?

Take your time to learn all you can. If, after your research, you are convinced that's a good deal, they'll happily sell it to you at any time. But, you have just five days to rescind according to Mexican consumer law. Don't let the time run out!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

It is the retail developer price
what brand level ?
- probably an entry level contract
what is the advanced reservation period ?

There is not a lot of cost effective resale Vidanta because transfer fee is 5xMF ( some GL contracts are 10xMF)
BUT - exchanging in between April and mid- Dec is rarely difficult ;especially for studios.

A reason to buy - you love the resorts want 3+ bedroom Grand Luxxe or Estates and usage in February / peak snowbird season and it comes with 1 year advance reservation access.
[That would be a lot more than $12 K ]

Listen to what Karen G posted (while I was typing)

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
FYI - Studios are really hotel rooms. They are the lock-off side of a 2-bedroom unit. Like T-Dot said, what level? MP, GM, GB? $15,000 seems a little high for a hotel room each year. Actually, you will have 1 week that is Registered and one that is Residence. The Residence often has more limitations than the Registered week. I would rescind and do more research. You can buy a 2-bedroom Grand Mayan resale for a lot less than that. It will have a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and bathrooms and a large deck with plunge pool.

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
We trade our Wyndham timeshare into RCI weeks and then use it to go Vidanta Resorts. We've done this 3 times so far and will be going again in 3 weeks. With RCI its all the same amount of points regardless of hotel level (with Vidanta). In other words we can stay at the Grand Luxxe or the Sea Garden and pay the same. My ALL IN cost with maintenance cost for the Wyndham unit we trade, RCI exchange, and Resort Fee is around $1900 for a 2 bedroom Grand Luxxe week. I think this is similar to what owners of Vidanta pay (it was actually cheaper before they raised the resort fee from $75 to $950 for 2 bedroom units). The difference is that you can pick up a Wyndham timeshare for next to nothing (you need 77,000 points to get a 2 bedroom). And I can't always get that deal (only about 6 months of the year, the rest of the year its more points). I would get rid of our Wyndham timeshare but we love the Vidanta resorts and only keep it for this purpose.

jeffvb9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
We are here currently as well. After turning down an offer for Luxxe they moved us to the next phase and we were offered a Grand Bliss 2 br unit for $8K.

limitless

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club
May I know the sales person or manager because I'd be interested in this deal. Thanks!

We are here currently as well. After turning down an offer for Luxxe they moved us to the next phase and we were offered a Grand Bliss 2 br unit for $8K.