• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Grand Luxxe Master Suite II or Spa Suite RCI Riviera Maya

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
I have 2 RM Vidanta vacations booked for 2021 and not sure which to keep. Grand Luxxe Spa Suite through RCI in early June or Grand Luxxe Master Suite through II in early July. Both are 2 bedrooms. I know the fees for both and I know it will be hot, but those months are when we can travel. Any feedback or preferences? Thanks

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
They are reopening in June so early June booking might be complicated while the July trip they should have the new health protocols and work / holiday related issues resolved

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have 2 RM Vidanta vacations booked for 2021 and not sure which to keep. Grand Luxxe Spa Suite through RCI in early June or Grand Luxxe Master Suite through II in early July. Both are 2 bedrooms. I know the fees for both and I know it will be hot, but those months are when we can travel. Any feedback or preferences? Thanks

The primary difference between the Spa and Master Suite 2 BR units in Nuevo Vallarta is the location - Spa units are all in the upper floors of Tower 4, which a Master Suite could be on any floor and location will depend on how full the resort is when you're there and whether you agree to attend a sales presentation. There are a few other differences - Spa units are not lock offs, have a bit different bathroom fixtures and have a massage table. In Riviera Maya, the differences aren't that significant; Spa units are all in Tower 3 there, but there's not much difference between them.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
FWIW, if the difference between the Spa units and Master Suites is minimal at RM, then I would recommend asking for a Master Suite in Tower 1. The location of Tower 1 is much better than Tower 3 (shorter walk to GL pool, spa/gym and main pool area). Plus, the wait for shuttles is much shorter at Tower 1 vs Tower 3.

Just my 2 cents.

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
Thanks for the info. This trip will be in 2021. I wouldn't want to travel there this summer. Any difference when exchanging through RCI vs II in privileges?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There are rumors that Vidanta treats II exchanges better than RCI or SFX, but a Spa through RCI might actually be labeled as a Registry Collection exchange. Privileges will probably be the same, but you can negotiate for better treatment in exchange for going to sales.