• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Grand Bliss Riviera Maya

rmelo99

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

Just wanted to post about our experience while down here. We exchanged into a 2 BR unit at the Grand Bliss.

Everything is great and the resort is wonderful. We did attend the "presentation" for our gifts and free breakfast.

My wife and I know what to expect so made it clear on how much of our time they would get in what was to be a "1hour" presentation. We managed to keep it at 1:45mins but only because we were navigating the layers through our NOs

We own in Virginia Beach at Oceanaire.

It always amazes me how the $ are highly subjective and mysterious.

I wanted to share what we had presented for anyone who maybe interested in buying here.(writing this from the beach club cabana)

We were offered a very decent "value" for our current time share $57k for what we paid $23k(they don't know that)

The prices we were given for a 2br Grand Mayan were $86k and GrandBliss $146k this included all kinds of extra weeks 6 more in total in various forms

We kept turning down their must be now offers. When we finally made our way out of the Vida sales folks and to what is supposedly the direct employees of the resort:eek:wner the offer went as follows.

They take my TS and for $8600 and then down to $6600 for the GB 2bR. They would also wave the 10yr renewal fee and agreed to finance the $6600 for 1year.

We even negotiated 2 days to "think about it" on the condition we go back to him.

Happpy to provide more details. Ultimately we decided not to move forward (for various reasons) but wanted to share how much lower$ some strong negotiating will get you!

tinkerbell2

TUG Member
Reaction score
They went from 146 k to 6.6 k ?? Is that a typo ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tinkerbell2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still impressive how much prices fluctuates . Thanks for sharing !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lauramiddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
And you were able to leave after 1:45 (one hour, forty-five minutes)? What were your gifts?

If you are thinking about this, take great care on what cost are involved in surrendering your current timeshare. Many report schemes where you must pay a third party to get rid of it, or pay a smaller sum to get it back (in other words, no matter what you decide to do, you must pay a third party a fee for YOUR timeshare). I don't have a clear sense of what happens, or how it all get resolved, but others with experience might chime in.

rmelo99

TUG Member
Reaction score
And you were able to leave after 1:45 (one hour, forty-five minutes)? What were your gifts?

If you are thinking about this, take great care on what cost are involved in surrendering your current timeshare. Many report schemes where you must pay a third party to get rid of it, or pay a smaller sum to get it back (in other words, no matter what you decide to do, you must pay a third party a fee for YOUR timeshare). I don't have a clear sense of what happens, or how it all get resolved, but others with experience might chime in.

There was a $1875 fee for dealing with my time share transfer which wasn't up for negotiation since it is paid to a 3rd party.

We will certainly come back but I doubt we will be buying here.

chalucky

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Grand Bliss RM yesterday...we were probably at Beach Club with you some of the days. Loved the resort.... but Beach Club a little to full sometimes and we couldn't get a spot.

We never do sales presentation for gifts...just not worth it for us. With peso ~20/1, Mexico is a bargain of epic proportions as it is.

VickiS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
so Grand Bliss can access Beach Club now? Heard it was just Grand Luxxe... Awesome!

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a $1875 fee for dealing with my time share transfer which wasn't up for negotiation since it is paid to a 3rd party.

We will certainly come back but I doubt we will be buying here.

Be glad you didnt buy anything, they were trying to scam you big time.
First scam:
They offer you $57k for your Oceanaire timeshare, but first you must buy their timeshare for $86k or $146k. That means you'd be out anywhere from 29k to 59k. The 57k for your Oceanaire timeshare and the $86k or $146k are MADE UP book keeping entries, not based on any factual evidence, Those values are meant to make you think you have a very valuable timeshare which you can use as a down payment for another even more valuable timeshare. In reality, you probably have a timeshare that is probably worth 1k or less, and the timeshare they were trying to sell you is likely worth even less.

Second scam:
you having to pay "a $1875 fee" for transferring your timeshare. Well, that third party will try to sell your timeshare to someone else, but if they cant (a big possibility) your timeshare will remain in your name and you'll still be liable for the dues. That's the reason for having a "third party" take care of transferring your timeshare. The "third party" is responsible for selling your timeshare, but if they cant, well, they are a third party unrelated to Vidanta, so you cant really hold Vidanta accountable.

dsexton

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas
NEVER AGAIN !
I will never stay at another Vidanta Resort ever again. We visited this resort earlier this year and at the moment I checked in, they were all over me !! Actually before I even checked in, a woman asked me about my timeshare ownerships. I told her we owned 4 (probably my first mistake) and from then on they would not let me out of there until we agreed to a 'presentation'. I've done several of these, so I knew what to expect, but this was by far the worst ever ! My husband got extremely rude with them and they still held us for over 2 hours. Granted we agreed to it, so I guess we got what we deserved. Taking the 'presentation' out the equation, we prefer smaller resorts. This was huge and difficult to find chairs by the pool (a huge pet peeve of mine !). Personally we will never return to this or any other Vidanta resort.

To the OP: One thing this site has taught me - Always buy resale :)

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
NEVER AGAIN !
I will never stay at another Vidanta Resort ever again. We visited this resort earlier this year and at the moment I checked in, they were all over me !! Actually before I even checked in, a woman asked me about my timeshare ownerships. I told her we owned 4 (probably my first mistake) and from then on they would not let me out of there until we agreed to a 'presentation'. I've done several of these, so I knew what to expect, but this was by far the worst ever ! My husband got extremely rude with them and they still held us for over 2 hours. Granted we agreed to it, so I guess we got what we deserved. Taking the 'presentation' out the equation, we prefer smaller resorts. This was huge and difficult to find chairs by the pool (a huge pet peeve of mine !). Personally we will never return to this or any other Vidanta resort.

To the OP: One thing this site has taught me - Always buy resale :)

its beyond me why people go to presentations. no about of amex gift card or other crap is worth 2 hrs. of my vacation time.

glad you decided to not buy and yes the sales presentations make me upset.

Solution: Don't go. :)

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
NEVER AGAIN !
I will never stay at another Vidanta Resort ever again. We visited this resort earlier this year and at the moment I checked in, they were all over me !!

That's too bad. Fortunately for us, we had quite the opposite experience at Grand Luxxe. They asked when we checked-in if we'd like to attend a presentation, we said no, and we were never asked again. (Two Wyndham resorts in FL and Kauai were the worst at pestering us to go on a sales tour. After we unplugged our room phones, they called our cell phones several times a day!)