• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Gateways

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi, I don´t have Interval, but may be can I get one, I´m just curious how often can you see 1br or 2br Vidanta Getaways

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You'll see Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss, Jungle Bliss and Mayan Palace all the time. I have never seen Grand Luxe in getaways.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks, I don´t remember well, but I think to read that only is possible to visit the same resort 2 weeks a year with exchange, getaways or extra vacation

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks, I don´t remember well, but I think to read that only is possible to visit the same resort 2 weeks a year with exchange, gateways or extra vacation
Certain getaways have limitations on no more than three consecutive reservations. I don't think that restriction is happening right now. RCI has other limitations like 1 in 4, but that hasn't existed on Vidanta in a while.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks, I don´t remember well, but I think to read that only is possible to visit the same resort 2 weeks a year with exchange, getaways or extra vacation

Vidanta / RCI - had the 2 week max.a few years ago. When Vidanta revised the resort fee to a higher $.
they removed this restriction.

When the 2 week max. through RCI into Vidanta existed - you could still go additional times if using SFX
or Interval - after using RCI .

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
It say for Mayan Palace Mazatlan:
*Due to the exclusivity of this offer, members can only book 1 unit per rolling 24 months. The members can book a 2nd unit at the time of booking for an additional couple. Rate Inclusions: *Accommodations for 2+ (based on max occupancy per unit type).

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Here is the RCI comparison for summer 2021
Mayan Palace Regency at Vidanta Mazatlan / RCI #A381 & #C374

May -1 bedroom - TPU’s 5 & 8 (varies by date)
May- hotel room -TPU ‘s 4&6 (varies by date)
June - none listed
July - none listed
August - 1 bedroom - TPU 10
August - hotel room-TPU 8

plus RCI exchange fee and Vidanta resort fee

Resort fee -
hotel room -$ 150
1 bedroom -$ 350
2 bedroom (lock -off) - $ 550

Odd - no 2 bedrooms show from May 2021 - Dec 2022

Last edited:

gdstuart

TUG Member
Reaction score
A warning for those of you interested in these resorts...

We stayed at the Mayan Palace resort about fifteen years ago and it was an absolute delight. Great food and drinks, BIG campus so you have to time the shuttles or enjoy walking (we do), great vriety of pools, one with a sand beach built right in. I just was looking on II last night because we have a couple bonus certificates to burn, and I saw MASSIVE availability here. 2BR units nearly every week in September, October, November...but that's often a bad sign, and when I dug deeper I confirmed that fear.

Some time ago these Vidanta resorts jumped on the Resort Fee bandwagon in a big way. When you book a week, and advance through the screens on II, you will have to be attentive to the (VERY) small print in the conditions. That 2BR unit, had I accepted the exchange, would have cost me $329 for the redemption fee, which I expected, but also $700 for the week in resort fees. Another dagger to the heart of the timeshare racket!

Yes, I would get a free airport transfer, and in Cancun that's really valuable (but not $700 valuable). All the other stuff they throw in is inconsequential and used to cost $0 "back in the day" when this place was a beautiful option AND a good value when you could score a week. Pandemic or no pandemic, these Palace resorts, and their related Bliss resorts also (700-850 a week for the 2BR units), will welcome you with one outstretched hand while shamelessly picking your pocket with the other.

Geoff