• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Exchange

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Somebody know if Vidanta owner only can exchange with SFX or is possible with II or RCI, thanks in advance.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It depends on what level with Vidanta you are talking about. All of them would work with SFX, but the other exchanges they are affiliated with vary.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Grand Mayan exchanges in II, RCI, and SFX. Some owners can also exchange with The Registry Collection as well. The vast majority of availability you see in any of these is through bulk deposits rather than owner deposits of paid weeks as the usage fees are only payable when used and a bit on the high side compared to other TS.

Grand Mayan Riviera Maya is in II as resort code MYU; Nuevo Vallarta is MY2; Los Cabos is GMC; and Puerto Penasco is GMY.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks Eric, I have a friend who is GM owner with founder membership, I was wondering if he work with II, he get access to getaways, this is the why of my question.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks Eric, I have a friend who is GM owner with founder membership, I was wondering if he work with II, he get access to getaways, this is the why of my question.
Grand Mayan Puerto Penasco is affiliated with ll . It does not show up on RCI searches while NV- RM -Apapulco-Cabo are on RCI
I am not sure if you have to have a GM Puerto Penasco contract to get access to ll .Your friend should inquire.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We have exchanged into Grand Bliss with SFX and RCI. We have exchanged into GM with II. Have been Vidant owners since 1999 at various level and made many exchanges for extra weeks at lower prices than MF. :)

Our lasr GM exchange at NV was an II Getaway for $399 or less for a 2-bedroom. They gave us an awful room - 1st floor by the A/C blowers - you could not sit on the deck because of the blowing hot air and noise! We complained almost hourly and on Monday afternoon, they moved us to a 3rd floor unit.

Last edited:

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks Phyllis, I was asking if with GM membership is possible to afiliate with II and use getaways to book in other resorts, even may be in the same GM if the cost is cheaper than the maintenance, I am just wondering

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks Phyllis, I was asking if with GM membership is possible to affiliate with II and use getaways to book in other resorts, even may be in the same GM if the cost is cheaper than the maintenance, I am just wondering
We had II for years and then sold our resort that was affiliated with it and did not renew II. Then a couple of years later, we got an offer to re-activate our account for a ridiculously low price, so we did it. During that 3 years, we only bought Getaways for ridiculously low prices. All were 2-bedroom units . We got a GM week in NV, a Buganvilias week, a WIVC week up in Conchas Chinas, a Palm Springs week, and a Myrtle Beach week. The highest price I paid for a Getaway week was $399 (the GM 2-bedroom). Most I reserved nearly a year in advance. that was in 2015-2018, so the prices for Getaways have probably gone up. I did not renew in 2018 as it was the regular renewal price and we already had enough places to go.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Wow, you really used the getaways, I red that also there are a lot of availability at Westin Laguna Mar, this is what I ‘m looking for, resorts with good quality, obviouly in low or midle season

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We do like to travel in April or May and then late September or October and around Thanksgiving, so good places were easier to get.

Last edited: