• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Estates Owners

Charlee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Estates NV, Grand Luxxe Loft/Spa, and Mayan Palace
Interesting in starting a group of Vidanta Estates owners. If you own one of these contracts can you please private message me or reply to this post. Thank you so much.

We are long time Vidanta owners since 1990 and recently did an upgrade to Estates NV from the GL 3 bed Loft. Feeling extreme buyers remorse now due to the considerable cash upgrade but beyond our 5-day recession (Oct. 19). We did try to cancel and then were shocked to really read cancellation clause which Director of Sales, Tony, and our Sales Manager, Isaac, said we would probably not get back our original contract (level of accommodations) nor addendums which we have spent many, many hours of negotiating for the past seven upgrades. It was quite the sales pitch and scare tactic I must say. Our reasons for Estates upgrade was we felt our GL got diluted by the Park and Estates sales so we wanted to increase/protect our long period of investments. Curious to see how others feel about value and opportunity down the road for the Estates including resell opportunities? Also, any suggestions on how to deal with recinding at this point? I believe we have to deal with corporate, does anyone have a good contact as that info is hard to get. As many of the forum discussions say, we were told sales team is more transparent and that perhaps our last sales manager "took the path of least resistance" and may not have shared all that he should have (no surprise he also is no longer there). We have thoroughly enjoyed despite the cash put in, many years of wonderful family vacations so thus far we have been pleased with our Vidanta experience. We do also see the potential with the Park opening along with the Estates. Welcome all feedback either in reinforcing our updgrade or not... thanks as feeling quite anxious!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
4 bedroom estates
We are Estates owners of a 4 bedroom. We were just at Vidanta Riveria Maya early November. We were lucky enough to get a tour of the model. It is almost finished. No furniture yet, but stunning. Our sale person Danny talked about the planned parks etc. WE OUR VERY EXCITED. This is truly going to be a major destination in Mexico. So glad we got involved on the ground floor.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Hi Mary, That is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing. Were you talking about the parks in Nuevo Vallarta or are they also talking about parks/attractions in Riviera Maya? For years they have been talking about an immersive Cirque du Soleil Academy where guests can train with the performers. This was contemplated in Both NV and RM, but have not really heard about it lately.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
We are Estates owners of a 4 bedroom. We were just at Vidanta Riveria Maya early November. We were lucky enough to get a tour of the model. It is almost finished. No furniture yet, but stunning. Our sale person Danny talked about the planned parks etc. WE OUR VERY EXCITED. This is truly going to be a major destination in Mexico. So glad we got involved on the ground floor.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Hoping things go well as we upgraded to 2 bedroom estate and have park vip package
Not sure about exit strategies and how they can be sold but will be interesting to see

AnnieC

Reaction score
W
Interesting in starting a group of Vidanta Estates owners. If you own one of these contracts can you please private message me or reply to this post. Thank you so much.
We are 4 BR Estates owners and are interested in joining this group.

Paloma Panesi

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Palmar Cancun
can you tell me more about the estates project? what is the difference between this and Loft ownership?

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Hi Paloma. The Estates are a completely new development from Vidanta. They are theoretically in a category above the Grand Luxxe. Eventually, there will be three Estates developments: Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Maya and East Cape. There are three unit types: one bedroom, two bedroom, three bedroom (combination of the one and two bed units), and four bedroom. The first opening is tentatively scheduled for the end of this year. There are some renderings of the units, but there is not too much information about details. I am sure others can chime in as well.

BREECHVERSION

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Three 4 bedroom Estates, Two 2 bedroom Kingdomof the Son lofts
Mary I’m excited that you think you made the right decision in purchasing a four bedroom estate . My wife and I also have a four bedroom estate and a two bedroom property in the parks. Hope Vidanta does everything they’ve promised and we don’t regret it or investments

sportsmeddoc

Reaction score
We just returned from NV. As stated above, it is all about how you negotiate. We have many addendums in our contract to allow utilization of Elite time even though we have red time. We were also told only "15" families were given the rights to move up to Estates with no fee except closing costs and taxes. I do not believe that for a minute. Vidanta has exceptional products. However, they are masters at hard sale and will say ANYTHING to get you to upgrade every visit. We told them we wanted a brief update and would be leaving before noon. They ignored that 'warning" and kept pushing- we left at 1145 as planned. They wanted me to sign off on "declining the estates offer"- I refused to sign as we did not decline the offer, we just chose to no take advantage yet. The estates look great! Not sure they are worth the money (will need to have in excess of $1 million into the deal and I saw contracts for 1.2 to 1.8. Unless you plan on staying there for 3 months are more (and usage fee runs 4-5000/wk) it is not worth the money. as beautiful as they are they are best suited for a small group of people who prefer solitude and stay for months on end. I do give Vidanta credit in producing yet another great product. As everything Vidanta, changes happen almost weekly as does pricing.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Sportsmed - thanks so much for sharing. I fully believe the just pay taxes on the upgrade is now the ubiquitous Vidanta sales pitch. I have seen it reported across the internet that you "don't have to pay anything for the upgrade.....only taxes." This actually makes no sense. If it were true that Vidanta was simply collecting taxes to forward to whatever the Mexican version of the IRS is, then Vidanta would not net any new money to build the Estates etc.

singingfools

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the estates, kingdom of the sun
we are estates owners and interested in this group. Thanks. Greg

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Greg. Thanks so much. Just sent you a direct message. Jason

ptdvidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Estates
We are long time Vidanta owners since 1990 and recently did an upgrade to Estates NV from the GL 3 bed Loft. Feeling extreme buyers remorse now due to the considerable cash upgrade but beyond our 5-day recession (Oct. 19). We did try to cancel and then were shocked to really read cancellation clause which Director of Sales, Tony, and our Sales Manager, Isaac, said we would probably not get back our original contract (level of accommodations) nor addendums which we have spent many, many hours of negotiating for the past seven upgrades. It was quite the sales pitch and scare tactic I must say. Our reasons for Estates upgrade was we felt our GL got diluted by the Park and Estates sales so we wanted to increase/protect our long period of investments. Curious to see how others feel about value and opportunity down the road for the Estates including resell opportunities? Also, any suggestions on how to deal with recinding at this point? I believe we have to deal with corporate, does anyone have a good contact as that info is hard to get. As many of the forum discussions say, we were told sales team is more transparent and that perhaps our last sales manager "took the path of least resistance" and may not have shared all that he should have (no surprise he also is no longer there). We have thoroughly enjoyed despite the cash put in, many years of wonderful family vacations so thus far we have been pleased with our Vidanta experience. We do also see the potential with the Park opening along with the Estates. Welcome all feedback either in reinforcing our updgrade or not... thanks as feeling quite anxious!

ptdvidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Estates

We own 3 Bedroom Estates and interested in Joining.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Hi PTD - Thank you so much. Just sent you a private message. Look forward to your participation.

pnwa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Vidanta
Hi there. I'm a brand new 1BD Estates owner. I'd love to join the group to learn about all things Estates and Vidanta in general. Thank you much.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Hi PNWA - sent you a private message. Thank you.

Jpbades1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Estates Vidanta
We are also estate owners & would like to be part of the group. We are actually looking to sell now as we have had some unexpected life changes recently.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Hi JP - will send you a private message. I have not heard of members being able to sell these "high value" contracts. There are listings on various sites around the internet, but have not seen of or heard of many success stories.

MTGroupe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta The Estates
Hi, we are estates 3 bedroom owners and would like to join the group also. Just found this site and looking forward meeting other owners

Divawing

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Estates The Sun Park
Leslie - the 15 number is highly suspect, as is everything you are/will be told by sales. The Estates are to built in 3 locations - Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Maya, and East Cape. There will be 4, 3, 2, and 1 bedroom configurations. The 3 bedroom will be a combination of a lock/off 1 and 2 bedroom unit (like the current Punta tower in NV). The Estates in NV will be built in "pods." There will be anywhere between 12 - 20 pods of varying configurations of unit types and sized. 4 bedroom are penthouse units and theoretically will have a view over the tree line to the ocean. List price for a 4 bedroom penthouse estate is $2.4 million. Obviously, final pricing will be quite different from this number. I have heard various tales of whether the first 15 (or in some cases a bigger number then this) will have access to the existing Grand Luxxe inventory, whether new owners will have access to Grand Luxxe inventory, whether contracts will be location specific +/- the ability to utilize the Estates in the other locations, what will be ready and when. The current discussion is that the first phase (and no one has any idea what this will be) is to be opened in December.
Private message me for more details. I am reluctant to share too much in public. And, virtually everything you will hear on this board and others is ALL speculation. There is pretty much no concrete details about the development(s).
I bought the four bedroom Estates in Sun Park in October but am now having buyers remorse. Happy to have found this group. Am seriously considering getting this investment out of my portfolio. I haven’t made the time to learn the system yet. Wondering if I should hang unto this as yet unbuilt u it or resell it. Advice from all you pros much appreciated.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I bought the four bedroom Estates in Sun Park in October but am now having buyers remorse. Happy to have found this group. Am seriously considering getting this investment out of my portfolio. I haven’t made the time to learn the system yet. Wondering if I should hang unto this as yet unbuilt u it or resell it. Advice from all you pros much appreciated.
Value will be in use - not much $ resale / learn the system & how to use.
Start by reading & rereading your contract.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Divawing - Thank you for the post. Where is Sun Park? Is this a Vidanta property? I am a bit confused if you purchased a Vidanta contract at an outside resort.

Divawing

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Estates The Sun Park
Divawing - Thank you for the post. Where is Sun Park? Is this a Vidanta property? I am a bit confused if you purchased a Vidanta contract at an outside resort.
It will be in the new park they are building in Nuevo Vallarta. It’s the cirque de soleil themed park