• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2021 ] Vidanta Deluxxe

Cassity

Reaction score
This is my first time purchasing a timeshare / membership and need some advice.

I have been to Vidanta twice through purchasing members weeks or others exchanges, stayed in RM in Jungle Suite and this time in NV grand Luxxe tower 5. My husband and I really like the Vidanta resorts so we decided to attend the presentation and see. We really had no idea what the prices of these are.

We just signed contract today and have 5 days to change our mind. Looking for advice.

Deluxxe - 1 bedroom suite (can also use grand Luxxe 1 Bed suite) and 1 year accrual
1 Registered week - 10 year red week (12 month reservation window)
2 paramount weeks - 10 year renewable to 100 years (10 month reservation window unless nov 15- mar 30 then 8 months)
2 privilege weeks - through SFX
Only pay when you use. Usage fee is 1700.
2 one time unit upgrades to Grand Luxxe Master Suite (2 bedroom)
1 free one time week for new member
Club Freedom - $3000 credits, 2 cruise certificates, 2 freedom weeks (can be a Vidanta property)
Ambassador Program
Essential Level for the parks

We also got a Imperial Jungle Aqua Master Room with 1 registered red week and 2
Paramount weeks as a “guest room” usage fee is $850.
All for a total of $56k. We really have no idea if this is good. Please help with advice. We have 5 business days to cancel. Thank you

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
To expand a bit: look at the core part of the product you are buying. One bedroom for $1,700. Presumably you pay more when renting from an owner? Take that difference, and multiply it by 10 years. That's how much you are saving by owning compared to renting. That's how much it's worth.

Paying $56k for the that would be worth it, if you would otherwise consistently pay $7,300 per year for 10 years to rent a one bedroom from an owner.

Cassity

Reaction score
To expand a bit: look at the core part of the product you are buying. One bedroom for $1,700. Presumably you pay more when renting from an owner? Take that difference, and multiply it by 10 years. That's how much you are saving by owning compared to renting. That's how much it's worth.

Paying $56k for the that would be worth it, if you would otherwise consistently pay $7,300 per year for 10 years to rent a one bedroom from an owner.
Thank you Echino. I have thought about that. What about all the other weeks and benefits? Would they not be worth something? Would they even accept this proposal for $10-$12k?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Thank you Echino. I have thought about that. What about all the other weeks and benefits? Would they not be worth something? Would they even accept this proposal for $10-$12k?

All the other benefits are just fluff. Look at the core. If you would really use the other benefits, adjust for how much you would otherwise pay for them. For example, free upgrade to a two bedroom Grand Luxxe. How much would you personally pay more, to rent a two bedroom from an owner, compared to one bedroom? Add that difference to the value. Same for other benefits. Some of those are not usable in reality, like 3,000 credits, etc. Those are worth zero.

Also remember, resale value of Vidanta contracts is zero. That should tell you something right there.

Cassity

Reaction score
All the other benefits are just fluff. Look at the core. If you would really use the other benefits, adjust for how much you would otherwise pay for them. For example, free upgrade to a two bedroom Grand Luxxe. How much would you personally pay more, to rent a two bedroom from an owner, compared to one bedroom? Add that difference to the value. Same for other benefits. Some of those are not usable in reality, like 3,000 credits, etc. Those are worth zero.

Also remember, resale value of Vidanta contracts is zero. That should tell you something right there.
Thank you for your perspective!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thank you so much for your response. Do you have a ballpark of what is reasonable to pay for a contract similar to this?

welcome to TUG.
@echino has given you a good comparative value analysis.

1 ) Vidanta has eliminated most resales by adding high transfer fees (in place since 2006)
In this contract it is likely 10 x current use fee and likely only the registered week transfers.

2) In Nuevo Vallarta planned one bedroom DeLuxxe units will be in Grand Mayan buildings and will have an updated decor style and furnishings.

3) if you rescind with Vidanta Member Service - you will likely get a better offer to keep the contract.
You have 5 days.During these 5 days you can control the process.

4 ) You should look at Aimfair. - a website started by a Vidanta GL owner
There are rentals and some resales listed.

5 ) In terms of exchange company access. - RCI - Intervals International - SFX.
RCI Access is currently under a 1 year in 4 rule and Vidanta has resort fees based on unit size.

6 ) The resort fee structure does not apply when using ownership weeks - paramount weeks and privilege weeks.
It also does not apply to rentals from an owner.

7) Do you plan to go between Jan - April ?
This is peak season for Vidanta usage - and the 12 month booking window is useful.

using a version of @echino value formula - say you go 2 weeks,a year for the next 10 years
$ 56,000 ~ 20 = $2800 per week + $ 1700 usage fee = $ 4500 per week

It's your money & your vacation budget
if you rescind & rent again & go to a presentation next time - the deal will still be available.

Last edited:

Cassity

Reaction score
welcome to TUG.
@echino has given you a good comparative value analysis.

1 ) Vidanta has eliminated most resales by adding high transfer fees (in place since 2006)
In this contract it is likely 10 x current use fee and likely only the registered week transfers.

2) In Nuevo Vallarta planned one bedroom DeLuxxe units will be in Grand Mayan buildings and will have an updated decor style and furnishings.

3) if you rescind with Vidanta Member Service - you will likely get a better offer to keep the contract.
You have 5 days.During these 5 days you can control the process.

4 ) You should look at Aimfair. - a website started by a Vidanta GL owner
There are rentals and some resales listed.

5 ) In terms of exchange company access. - RCI - Intervals International - SFX.
RCI Access is currently under a 1 year in 4 rule and Vidanta has resort fees based on unit size.

6 ) The resort fee structure does not apply when using ownership weeks - paramount weeks and privilege weeks.
It also does not apply to rentals from an owner.

7) Do you plan to go between Jan - April ?
This is peak season for Vidanta usage - and the 12 month booking window is useful.

using a version of @echino value formula - say you go 2 weeks,a year for the next 10 years
$ 56,000 ~ 20 = $2800 per week + $ 1700 usage fee = $ 4500 per week

It's your money & your vacation budget
if you rescind & rent again & go to a presentation next time - the deal will still be available.
Thank you so much for your feedback. This is all very helpful.

ocjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Residence Club Incline Village (Lake Tahoe)
Vidanta Kingdom of the Sun (maybe, someday), Grand Luxxe now
@echino 's advice is spot on. But she really gets 3 weeks for 10 years, then 2 weeks for 90 additional years (for a total of 100 years, albeit with no booking during peak periods)- if I understand it right. 1 registered week + 2 paramount weeks.

So if you used 2 weeks / year, for 20 years, it'd be
$56k / 40 weeks used = $1400 per week + $1700 = $3100 per week. More reasonable.

You could book and rent a super high demand week every year- say between Christmas and New Years, to recoup some of your initial investment. But I've found you need a Grand Luxe 2 BR min to rent due to demand (but I tried this during covid times so ??)

But putting it in perspective, we have Hyatt Maui timeshare weeks (deeded unit deeded week) which we bought on the resale market. Maintenance fees are $3k/ year per week use it or not, but they rent for double that so you're not "out" money. Resale price is in the ballpark (for 1 week) of your quote. BUT, they'll sell resale for about what you paid if you buy resale (less a few k in transfer fees). Vidanta's contracts drop to 0 on resale- which makes them really expensive.

Personally I'd feel better about a price in the $30's (which I doubt they'd do), or maybe $40. Still expensive, but...

ocjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI here are all the current listings for 1 BR Grand Luxe rentals on redweek... pretty much within $1k of the quoted use price per week in your contract @Cassity FYI.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.30.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.30.22 AM.png
    192 KB · Views: 258

Cassity

Reaction score
@echino 's advice is spot on. But she really gets 3 weeks for 10 years, then 2 weeks for 90 additional years (for a total of 100 years, albeit with no booking during peak periods)- if I understand it right. 1 registered week + 2 paramount weeks.

So if you used 2 weeks / year, for 20 years, it'd be
$56k / 40 weeks used = $1400 per week + $1700 = $3100 per week. More reasonable.

You could book and rent a super high demand week every year- say between Christmas and New Years, to recoup some of your initial investment. But I've found you need a Grand Luxe 2 BR min to rent due to demand (but I tried this during covid times so ??)

But putting it in perspective, we have Hyatt Maui timeshare weeks (deeded unit deeded week) which we bought on the resale market. Maintenance fees are $3k/ year per week use it or not, but they rent for double that so you're not "out" money. Resale price is in the ballpark (for 1 week) of your quote. BUT, they'll sell resale for about what you paid if you buy resale (less a few k in transfer fees). Vidanta's contracts drop to 0 on resale- which makes them really expensive.

Personally I'd feel better about a price in the $30's (which I doubt they'd do), or maybe $40. Still expensive, but...

Thank you so much for your perspective and the rental screenshot.

I can book any week except week of Christmas, New Years, Holy Week and Easter.

To give you a little info about myself - My husband and I see ourselves using this for 30-40 years ourselves… so based on that, are the paramount weeks of value (with a shorter reservation period) or should I only be looking at my 10 year registered week, when determining value, and trying to get a new contract every 10 years?

ocjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We only have 2 years of experience with Vidanta. But we have always been able to get a *1 BR* Grand Luxxe when we've called, if 8 months out. Last month, we even tried to book a 2nd 1 BR Grand Luxe for another couple to join us in December (week before XMAS). So that's booking 3 months out. They were sold out, but offered us a presidential 1 BR (not in our contract) just so our friends could go with us. Apart from the sales side, Vidanta has always tried to take care of us. They really want you to come.

And, based on limited experience, I'd consider those paramount weeks valuable. But rental rates right now would suggest you'd be better of renting. Like us, I guess the question is how much you're willing to pay to lock something in?

But given how much contracts have gone up, I wouldn't anticipate getter a good deal renegotiating 10 years from now. Maybe. Unlikely though.

Cassity

Reaction score
We only have 2 years of experience with Vidanta. But we have always been able to get a *1 BR* Grand Luxxe when we've called, if 8 months out. Last month, we even tried to book a 2nd 1 BR Grand Luxe for another couple to join us in December (week before XMAS). So that's booking 3 months out. They were sold out, but offered us a presidential 1 BR (not in our contract) just so our friends could go with us. Apart from the sales side, Vidanta has always tried to take care of us. They really want you to come.

And, based on limited experience, I'd consider those paramount weeks valuable. But rental rates right now would suggest you'd be better of renting. Like us, I guess the question is how much you're willing to pay to lock something in?

But given how much contracts have gone up, I wouldn't anticipate getter a good deal renegotiating 10 years from now. Maybe. Unlikely though.
Thank you! I do agree, I feel like they really do work to accommodate. It’s why we like it here. Thanks for your feedback :)

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I would rescind. What you are getting is not worth $56,000.

We have been owners since 1999 and progressed up from Sea Garden to Mayan Palace - eventually had 7 MP weeks and used 3 to upgrade to 2 Grand Mayan 2-bedroom weeks. Then in 2013, we traded the 4 remaining MP weeks -1 was 1 bedroom and the other 3 were 2 bedroom + the two 2-bedroom GM weeks to have 2 Grand Luxxe 2-bedroom weeks + the 4 extra Residence weeks. I did buy most of our MP weeks on ebay when they could be purchased for about $1500 including the transfer fees and closing costs. For all of these purchases and upgrades over the years, we have spent about what they are asking you for. All but one of our units since 1999 have been 2-bedroom units.

We have all the bells and whistles that have been offered over the years.

PS -We have never found the Ambassador program something we wanted to use.

Cassity

Reaction score
I would rescind. What you are getting is not worth $56,000.

We have been owners since 1999 and progressed up from Sea Garden to Mayan Palace - eventually had 7 MP weeks and used 3 to upgrade to 2 Grand Mayan 2-bedroom weeks. Then in 2013, we traded the 4 remaining MP weeks -1 was 1 bedroom and the other 3 were 2 bedroom + the two 2-bedroom GM weeks to have 2 Grand Luxxe 2-bedroom weeks + the 4 extra Residence weeks. I did buy most of our MP weeks on ebay when they could be purchased for about $1500 including the transfer fees and closing costs. For all of these purchases and upgrades over the years, we have spent about what they are asking you for. All but one of our units since 1999 have been 2-bedroom units.

We have all the bells and whistles that have been offered over the years.

PS -We have never found the Ambassador program something we wanted to use.
Thank you so much for replying to my post.
Through all your upgrades, it sounds like you now have 2 weeks at 2 Bed GL plus additional 4 weeks. Compared to me having 1 week in 1 Bed GL plus 2 paramount + 2 privilege weeks.
And you paid a little less than my offer.

Curious about what you feel is a good offer for mine. Thanks

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I have no idea what they are selling for now. It is my understanding that they have built all the GL units that they are going to, and are converting one of the Grand Mayan buildings into Deluxxe units. Those will not be as large as the GL units, but they are throwing all kinds of extras in to get $$$. When we took the update in Puerto Penasco in May, they did not have anything to offer us but Estates and we did not want those. So then they offered to eliminate our Transfer Fees if we sold our units. They wanted $15K to do that - we passed.

If you were not there for 4-5 hours and did not negotiate down several times, then that was not the lowest they could go.

The bottom line is several of the things they "gave" you probably will not be worth anything and you will have spent $56K that you will never get back. You will still have to pay MF that start at $1700 per week per year and they will go up 5% per year for sure. You will also pay renewal fees every 10 years. As others have said, renting is the best way to enjoy the resort. You pay as you go. Once you will have to pay the 10 year renewal fee and those weeks will become Residence weeks instead of Registered weeks. Registered weeks are better because you have a better chance of getting what you want when you want to go.

Last edited:

Cassity

Reaction score
We rescinded. They did not come down on the price for 1 Bed. I did learn that the paramount contract does allow you to resell within the first 10 years and transfer the membership at the amount of the closing costs. The 10x maintenance fee is an older contract.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Good job!

Thanks for that info about the paramount contract! :)

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
In reading this chain, I have become aware that a Grand Mayan will be converted to Grand Luxxe units. I have booked two weeks in Grand Luxxe units through II During April 2022. Could I be affected by this?

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
You are not certain now but you’ll Look back and be happy you didn’t give them your 56k plus interest plus maintenances fees. I have two weeks at the Merriweather resort on Fort Lauderdale beach that I paid $500 for resale 24 years ago. We have been going to Vidanta resorts for many years, often multiple times per year. No need to give anyone fifty six thousand dollars in advance of using a service. Remember that It’s not real estate. It’s advance rental with zero resale value. Renting gives you mush more flexibility And of course control of your funds.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
In reading this chain, I have become aware that a Grand Mayan will be converted to Grand Luxxe units. I have booked two weeks in Grand Luxxe units through II During April 2022. Could I be affected by this?
Unlikely -
The Vida sales force is busy selling the GL DeLuxxe brand.

1) In Nuevo Vallarta the conversion will be from some units within the complex of multiple Grand Mayan buildings.
DeLuxxe is not yet a listed GL unit version for the destination NV (as of Nov. 2021).

2 ) In Riviera Maya there are GL Deluxxe built and they on the Vidanta website under destination RM . These are one bedroom suites (initially they were called Grand Luxxe Jungle) The RM Deluxxe units are built on the footprint of repurposed / never completed Mayan Palace 2 bedrooms lock offs.The GL DeLuxxe buildings are close to the Jungala waterpark. The units are about 1200 sq. ft. and have an interior jacuzzi tub ; but do not have a plunge pool on the balcony.

VIdanta Nuevo Vallarta is (close to) fully booked from late December to after Easter 2022 ( April 17 )
I would be surprised if any Grand Mayan Suites are taken out of rotation to repurpose as GL DeLuxxe
until after spring 2022.

< If others have more details please add & revise what I have listed >

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Unlikely -
The Vida sales force is busy selling the GL DeLuxxe brand.

1) In Nuevo Vallarta the conversion will be from some units within the complex of multiple Grand Mayan buildings.
DeLuxxe are not yet a listed GL unit version for the destination NV.

2 ) In Riviera Maya there are GL Deluxxe built and they on the website under destination RM . These are one bedroom suites (initially called Grand Luxxe Jungle) The RM Deluxxe are on the footprint of repurposed / never completed Mayan Palace 2 bedrooms lock offs ;and are closer to the Jungala waterpark. They are about 1200 sq. ft. and have an interior jacuzzi tub but no plunge pool on the balcony.

VIdanta Nuevo Vallarta is (likely close to) fully booked from late December to after Easter 2022 ( April 17 )
I would be surprised if any Grand Mayan Suites are taken out of rotation to repurpose as GL DeLuxxe
until after spring 2022.

< If others have more details please add & revise what I have listed >

In NV the Deluxxe units had been showing up in the Registry Collection as a future property called Grand Luxxe Deluxxe at Grand Mayan. Generally the new versions like this show up under a different resort id, so it shouldn’t be possible to get one unless it’s offered as an “upgrade.”

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
In NV the Deluxxe units had been showing up in the Registry Collection as a future property called Grand Luxxe Deluxxe at Grand Mayan. Generally the new versions like this show up under a different resort id, so it shouldn’t be possible to get one unless it’s offered as an “upgrade.”

I vaguely recall a TUG post from 2019/20 that suggested the converted units would be top floor(s) and ocean front.
in NV.
The MF of $1700 for a 1 bedroom DeLuxxe is probably slightly higher than for a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan. This suggests to me that the GL DeLuxxe at GM units will all be spacious 1 bedrooms using the footprint of a GM 2 bedroom lock-off .

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I vaguely recall a TUG post from 2019/20 that suggested the converted units would be top floor(s) and ocean front.
in NV.
The MF of $1700 for a 1 bedroom DeLuxxe is probably slightly higher than for a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan. This suggests to me that the GL DeLuxxe at GM units will all be spacious 1 bedrooms using the footprint of a GM 2 bedroom lock-off .

They’re supposed to be 2 BR. Here’s the floor plan: