• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VI-Vacation Internationale questions

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our second stay at Pinnacle Lodge at Sun Peaks Resort and we would love to be able to get 2 identical weeks here so we could come with friends as they only have studios. Does anyone on this forum rent stays? Can anyone help me with questions if I pursue an ownership with VI? I also would be intersted in St Ives on the SHuswap but if memory serves me VI does not have any summer weeks here. I understand you can book up to a year ahead do these have to be full week stays? TIA Joan

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I own VI. Booking is a year in advance with a non-refundable $20 registration fee. You can also add insurance that allows you to cancel up to the business day before the trip vs the normal 30 day cancellation.
Pinnacle tends to be less used. Right now, there are units available for most of the rest of March and all of April. There are 3 types of units; all studios. The smallest has 1 bed, then there's one with a single sofa sleeper and another with a larger sofa sleeper. The latter go first and cost quite a bit more. You don't have to book a week; any amount of days is fine.
Shuswap only has a few units; a mix of 1, 2 and 3 BR unit Nov-April only. You can book 3,4 or 7 nights starting on Sat or Wed; these are essentially weeks that they bought.

I like VI a lot, but they have fewer resorts. They do have an internal exchange program where owners trade in a week in another resort for VI points. There are usually quite a few options, especially in the SW US but there are also a few CA; mostly eastern with a few Whistler thrown in.
The resorts are nice; nothing fancy but kept in good repair and updated. It's owner run without the heavy sales presence; there is some, but 'no' actually is taken at face value without the need for arguments.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This is our second stay at Pinnacle Lodge at Sun Peaks Resort and we would love to be able to get 2 identical weeks here so we could come with friends as they only have studios. Does anyone on this forum rent stays? Can anyone help me with questions if I pursue an ownership with VI? I also would be intersted in St Ives on the SHuswap but if memory serves me VI does not have any summer weeks here. I understand you can book up to a year ahead do these have to be full week stays? TIA Joan

Yes, there are people that have large accounts that can rent a VI property for you. Post in the want adds what you want.

What is the big attraction at St Ives ? Is it as nice as Banff or Jasper ? My fomo is kicking in, lol.

Bill

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
saint Ives is on Shuswap lakes. This is a beautiful recreational area in B.C. It is more forested than Kelowna to the south which is quite arid. Both have lots of boating activities with the Shuswap being more cottage like while Kelowna is more upscale. Both are awesome. So much so that I have 2 every other year timeshares at 2 different resorts. One year we’re at Holiday Park in Lake Country and the next year we’re at Delta Grand Okanagan right downtown Kelowna on the lake.
Does VI charge more points for weekend stays?

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
When my kids were young we stayed in the clock tower in downtown Whistler. Four flights of stairs and no elevator. I couldn’t believe it! But we came to really adore it. Coming out into the town, spaghetti factory nearby and lots going on. We walked 20 miles a day on the trails. Always in the summer. I don’t think we will ever brave Canada again. Lines are way long going over the border just for starters.